Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody ready for baseball?

Options
My long suffering and beloved Cubs have adde yet another valuable asset in Heyward. Tickets will be hard to get! Good ! Who else?

Comments

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    I can't wait for baseball to get going again. Let's go Giants.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Anyone want Joe Mauer?  =) 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Throttle back turbo, baseball can wait a few months.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I am a college baseball fan....and normally about this time, I start looking forward to it. This year, I may have a basketball season which I am not a custom too. Too early to call, but for now.....
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    I was still reeling from the $56 mill 5 yr contract for Ben Zobrist who is a local "boy", but $184 million 8 year for Heyward??? Bet the older Cubbies are galled at the difference in their pay checks vs Zobrist and Hayward, but what do I know...  
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • hoosieregged
    Options
    Now they'll just be a costlier disappointment 
    Hamilton, IN****1LBGE and a MiniMax
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Just renewed my Angels's season tixs. I think this is our year ...
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Absolutely- but reality is that if you enjoy sports then for a less corrupted version watch a few college bowl games ( play-offs included) and around here, some highly charged college basketball games.  The No Fun League playoffs will get you to January and then college basketball can bridge the gap til pitchers and catchers report mid-Feb and field players about a week later.  
    March madness is great and then we roll into the season.  
    Truth be told-when I was first in a sports bar with ESPN in the SF Bay area in 1979 I commented that I could not subscribe to that as I would never get anything done.  Fortunately I delayed the subscription for a few years and have tempered my viewing habits.  But I am old, and did spend a few years overseeing the making of all wooden baseball bats for Louisville Slugger, including those you see on TV.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Best season is right now. College football, college bball, and NFL. I hate baseball season. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • GaBGE
    GaBGE Posts: 556
    Options
    I'm with you @tarheelmatt I could care less if they ever played another game of baseball.
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    I read this quote a long long time ago ... it goes something like this:

People's reactions to baseball the first time they go to a game can sometimes be very dramatic. They'll either love it or they hate it. If they love it, they will always love it. If they don't, they might learn to appreciate it, but it will never become part of their soul.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    Best season is right now. College football, college bball, and NFL. I hate baseball season. 
    Well...I hate football, basketball, and hockey. So there... =)

Hey - anybody think Papelbon is going to picked up by anybody for next season? 

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I can't wait for baseball. I can't watch basketball, and football is only on Thursday, Sunday, and Monday. Hockey, sometimes. Fall is best, baseball, football, and NASCAR.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    RRP said:
    I was still reeling from the $56 mill 5 yr contract for Ben Zobrist who is a local "boy", but $184 million 8 year for Heyward??? Bet the older Cubbies are galled at the difference in their pay checks vs Zobrist and Hayward, but what do I know...  
    Two other teams offered 200 + and he turned them down. Obviously a bargain at 184.
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    Beers at the AZ Diamondback games just went up 75% by paying $206,000,000.00 for a starting pitcher.

XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Durangler said:
    Beers at the AZ Diamondback games just went up 75% by paying $206,000,000.00 for a starting pitcher.

A million bucks per appearance, if you're lucky. Oh well, that's where we are now. 
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    I think it's crazy! $34,333,333.33 per year!
    LaRussa has a plan, I guess. 
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    RRP said:
    Two other teams offered 200 + and he turned them down. Obviously a bargain at 184.
    Cool, but don't you have to wonder if your own salary will keep pace percentage wise with the rising cost of Cub tickets let alone beer prices over the next 5 to 8 years? Somebody has to pay those salaries let alone the precedent they sat for future new golden boy(s) contracts! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.