Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

blow em away turkey

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i have had great success with turkeys on my kick ass large egg, but I have never used a drip pan, indirect heat, a sitter, or a v rack. I do put apples and oranges in the cavity, and I put greek seasoning under the skin and rub the bird down with butter. I always use some pecan and apple wood. I asy al this to get the opinion of all the egg heads out there on the best method. Remember, I have bitten off a lot this year by promising to cook many a bird for customers and friends.[p]t

Comments

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    tember2,[p]The absolute very best recipe and method to cook any meal is the one that works best for you and yours. It is the one you are most comfortable with preparing and (more importantly) can judge the progress of the cook.[p]All other recipes and cooking techniques are only possibilities. Play with them and experiment, but when the pressure is on, do what you do best with the cook.[p]Your bird sounds great.[p]Spin
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Spin,
    Your reply deserves a XXOO

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    J Appledog,
    I wuz just thinkin the same thing JCA (without the XOs). Spin's response was perfect...and no wasted words. Tember2's technique sounds damn good, and if it works, go with it...especially for a pressure situation. [p]Lots of new ideas around these parts if you are lookin to experiment, or if you have never done a turkey. But when people are counting on you, and you got a motor that runs, don't go takin' it apart![p]Nice words there, Spin.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Spin, yer clickin on all cylinders! The real fun is in your own cook in your own style to fit your own tastes. The Egg just enhances it. I just shudda sayed "Yup"!
    C~W[p]