Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Buffaloing is offensive

As someone who grew up in Buffalo, NY, I am hurt by the use of the phrase, "Buffaloed" or any derivation like it as they are offensive to the City of Buffalo and its inhabitants.  There are many worse places to be from.  Besides, the Buffalo is a noble creature. And based on the pics many have used to jokingly reference the act of Buffaloing, it is clear that folks need to understand the difference between a Bison and a Buffalo. They are different animals. 

J/k

let the buffalo sports team jokes commence. 

BGE XL Woodlands, TX (Originally from Buffalo, NY but I got here as fast as I could)

Comments

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    edited December 2015
    How many times did you go to the superbowl and lose?  That was a record, I think.  =)
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Life in Buffalo...

• Relax buddy.  Do you live in Bison, NY?  No, you live in Buffalo.  Same idea.  I work in Flint, Michigan and live close to the city.  A violent place to be sure.  We could say a thread has been "Flinted", but it doesn't roll off the tongue like "Buffaloed".  Here's a "Flinting":

See?  It's not nearly as good.
    Flint, Michigan
  • As someone who grew up and still lives in South Buffalo, I am embarrassed for you @Gdfein.  Your feelings are hurt.  Too bad.  We have a crisis on our hands with NOLA being banned and you are offended.  You moved away.  You lost your right to be offended.  Do the right thing and contact BGE and voice your displeasure about NOLA.

#FreeNOLA
    South Buffalo, New York
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821
    I thought the only difference between a buffalo and a bison was you can't wash your hands in a buffalo!
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited December 2015
    Ha......the have Duff's ...... The wing pinnacle if you ask me. A place even Nola might enjoy!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Funny shjt, but I think he was joking.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Gdfein said:
    As someone who grew up in Buffalo, NY, I am hurt by the use of the phrase, "Buffaloed" 

Brother I assure you that I have nothing but love and respect for the buffalo. My use of "The way of the buffalo" and "buffaloed" is in jest to make a point. I use the phrases both metaphorically and allegorical. Not spiritually. Of all the land animals, the buffalo is by far my very favorite. No harm no foul my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    As someone who has been to Buffalo in the winter I think the phase is appropriate!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Of all the land animals, the buffalo is by far my very favorite.

That is just greatness right there. Busted out on that one.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Of all the land animals, the buffalo is by far my very favorite.

That is just greatness right there. Busted out on that one.

Wagyu cattle is on up there too! 
  • Do you know why Buffalo nearly "went the way of the buffalo"? Because they are one of the few animals who have one pleural sac shared by their 2 lungs. As a large and thick-skinned mammal, they didn't have a whole lot of evolutionary challenges until the Indians came along. Then, it was discovered that if you got an arrow between the ribs, you could easily take down the big guy, because once the arrow pierced the pleural sac, BOTH lungs would then collapse. 
    Just throwing out a little medical/buffalo knowledge as a nurse....
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I can say with resolute confidence that the Buffalo Bills have the greatest fans ever. Google "billspin" or "deadspin bills fans" and let the wonderment of Zubaz pants wash over you.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    I can say with resolute confidence that the Buffalo Bills have the greatest fans ever. Google "billspin" or "deadspin bills fans" and let the wonderment of Zubaz pants wash over you.
    I thought the 12th Man had that honor or did they all become Panther fans this year. :worried:  JK JK 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
     @FleurdeLirious, I thought pleural meant 2, not one  ;). That anatomy sounds suspect...
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Do you know why Buffalo nearly "went the way of the buffalo"? Because they are one of the few animals who have one pleural sac shared by their 2 lungs. As a large and thick-skinned mammal, they didn't have a whole lot of evolutionary challenges until the Indians came along. Then, it was discovered that if you got an arrow between the ribs, you could easily take down the big guy, because once the arrow pierced the pleural sac, BOTH lungs would then collapse. 
    Just throwing out a little medical/buffalo knowledge as a nurse....
    Talk about being Buffaloed - welcome back, as if you ever left.......(The nurse would have mentioned her lucky skinning knife, n'est pas?)
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    Ok, now that Nola is back, please bring back Tweev!

• bgebrent
    @FleurdeLirious, hence my  ;) brother, wordplay my friend ;)
  • bgebrent said:
    @FleurdeLirious, hence my  ;) brother, wordplay my friend ;)
    Fleur is a sister, brother :) 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • bob.bud
    bob.bud Posts: 297
    Bloomfield Hills, MI | LGBE : AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid : Kick Ash Basket : Smokeware Cap : Smobot Beta
  • bgebrent
    We're all brothers, or sisters.  Thank you brother Cen Tex!
  • Gdfein
    Gdfein Posts: 60
    I started this thread in complete jest.  I'm not at all offended at the term Buffaloing. 

I agree free @nolaegghead.  
    BGE XL Woodlands, TX (Originally from Buffalo, NY but I got here as fast as I could)