Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

After a month of no red meat...Porterhouse

Options
i realized this morning that we haven't had steak in over a month so I stopped at my butcher and he had beautifully marbled grass fed  Porterhouse steaks!  Bought a 22 oz. to share with the wife and here are the results!  One of the best I've cooked/ate!  2 1/2 minutes a side at 700 degrees direct, seasoned with EVOO, salt, pepper, garlic powder and Dizzy Pig Redeye Express!

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,050
    Options
    I'd be all about that!  Nice lookin' steak.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    That my friend is pure eye candy.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    That looks great!
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    Options
    Thank You it was buttery and delicious with a nice crust!  Appreciate the comments!  Served with creamed horseradish sauce, roasted acorn squash and a salad.  
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Beautiful looking piece of beef and an even more beautiful finished product.  The crust on that looks amazing.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    No red meat in a month?  That's Sacrilege for an egg owner. You can do better.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Eggaroo
    Eggaroo Posts: 417
    Options
    I could devour one of those about now. You nailed that one, my friend. Love, love, love the Red Eye Express too. 
    Greenwood, IN | XL BGE | Weber Genesis | Blackstone 28 | bunch of accessories  =)
  • PSC
    PSC Posts: 148
    Options
    Pure heaven right there!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Bayarad said:
    i realized this morning that we haven't had steak in over a month 
    This^^^^^^^^^^^^ would be the end of me.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Awesome looking grub and long over due my friend ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    A whole month without red meat!  Looks great
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Top marks. Hard to imagine it any finer. Bravo!!!!
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Looks like perfection ,,
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"