Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RTIC 30oz tumbler

Options

Comments

• Roadpuke0
    Options
    Lit said:
    slovelad said:
    Lit said:
    slovelad said:
    Lit said:
    SGH said:
    Lit said:
    By next year they will be owned by Yeti.
    Do you care to make a friendly wager on that? 
    If Yeti doesn't own Rtic in the next couple months then there is no reason for any company ever to develop anything good ever again because any sleazy company can just steal what they have done. I would never support a sleezy company like Rtic.
    How are they sleezy? Seems to me if rtic can make an equal product for half price, then yeti is the sleezy company for charging double
    Yeti paid for all the Design and Rtic copied it to a T. Also all the Yeti advertising that Rtic is feeding off. Scumbags selling to scumbags. 
    So if you had some local guy who was hand pumping fuel into your car, and he claims that he dug the oil out of he ground himself... Would you pay him $5 a gallon? I would go to the shell station and pay $2.50
    Yeti doesn't have to claim anything they came up with their look and spent millions of dollars advertising it and Rtic copied it exactly. It's a sad day if Yeti doesn't win the lawsuit.
    So you your self have never used or taking a generic prescription? I'm sure all your life when you go to the pharmacy you say name brand only for I want my money to go to the develops of the drug. It's a fricken cooler that if was truely patented protected they would be all over it. It's the American way get over it already that you over paid:-)
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Roadpuke0 said:
    Lit said:
    slovelad said:
    Lit said:
    slovelad said:
    Lit said:
    SGH said:
    Lit said:
    By next year they will be owned by Yeti.
    Do you care to make a friendly wager on that? 
    If Yeti doesn't own Rtic in the next couple months then there is no reason for any company ever to develop anything good ever again because any sleazy company can just steal what they have done. I would never support a sleezy company like Rtic.
    How are they sleezy? Seems to me if rtic can make an equal product for half price, then yeti is the sleezy company for charging double
    Yeti paid for all the Design and Rtic copied it to a T. Also all the Yeti advertising that Rtic is feeding off. Scumbags selling to scumbags. 
    So if you had some local guy who was hand pumping fuel into your car, and he claims that he dug the oil out of he ground himself... Would you pay him $5 a gallon? I would go to the shell station and pay $2.50
    Yeti doesn't have to claim anything they came up with their look and spent millions of dollars advertising it and Rtic copied it exactly. It's a sad day if Yeti doesn't win the lawsuit.
    So you your self have never used or taking a generic prescription? I'm sure all your life when you go to the pharmacy you say name brand only for I want my money to go to the develops of the drug. It's a fricken cooler that if was truely patented protected they would be all over it. It's the American way get over it already that you over paid:-)
    They're allowed to make generics because the patent ran out. I didn't overpay I bought mine when they were on sale and got it when I wanted it and know I have a trusted product from a trusted company. You just know you got a cheap knockoff cooler.
  • Lit
    Options
    Best way I can describe buying a Rtic is the used egg threads around here. Half of what you are paying for with the egg is the warranty. Same with the Yeti you are paying for knowing you got a quality product that a quality company is standing behind. Basically you bought a used egg and it was half price which is about the consensus on what a used egg should cost.
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    @Lit I have a 65 yeti and love it. But why the hell would anyone need to warranty it? I might be blind here, but the only thing that seems to happen is normal wear, which they won't cover?

idk, I bought yeti for that reason, because I love a lifetime warranty, but heck... What could go wrong with them?
  • Roadpuke0
    Options
    IT'S JUST A COOLER! I think your passion could be used for better efforts. Everything will be ok.
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    slovelad said:
    @Lit I have a 65 yeti and love it. But why the hell would anyone need to warranty it? I might be blind here, but the only thing that seems to happen is normal wear, which they won't cover?

idk, I bought yeti for that reason, because I love a lifetime warranty, but heck... What could go wrong with them?
    Yeti does not have a lifetime warranty, neither does RTIC.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Lit said:
     It's a sad day if Yeti doesn't win the lawsuit.
    Well it's a sad day then. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Yeti did lose. Their last desperate attempt was over the latches, not the cooler it's self. If you doubt this, then read the complaint filed by Yeti. RTIC did modify the latches a little from the original design. This is why when RTIC first advertised the coolers in June they did not go on sale until August. They were in the process of changing the latches to pacify Yeti. As far as the coolers go, Yeti has tried to sue every manufacturer out there. However they keep losing due to the fact that coolers and rotomolding existed over a century before Yeti did. I'm honestly not trolling here. Simply stating the facts. If Yeti can sue RTIC over building a better cooler, then Igloo, Coleman and just about everyone else out there could sue Yeti on the same grounds. And this is what he courts have all agreed on, Yeti invented nothing concerning coolers except for rubber strap down latches. Nothing more. Again, I'm not trying to be a azz. You can look up everything that I have said for yourself. And I encourage you to do so. Yeti did make the rotomolded cooler "cool" or a "fad". But that's where it ends. Everything about their "original" idea existed long before they did. The courts have spoken, RTIC is here to stay along with Pelican, Orca, Engel, IcyTek, Fridgid Ridged, Orion, Ice Hole, K2, Brute, etc,etc. And before anyone asks, yes Yeti tried to sue all of them as well. This is what they do. It ended the same way, Yeti lost. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• slovelad
    Options
    I would be curious to look more into this. Although it's mostly public record, I have access to westlaw and lexisnexis database, I am going to see if any of it was published .

i will let you all know if I find anything 
  • SGH
    Options
    slovelad said:
    I would be curious to look more into this. Although it's mostly public record, I have access to westlaw and lexisnexis database, I am going to see if any of it was published .

i will let you all know if I find anything 
    Please do. I encourage everyone to do so. On cazzys cooler thread, I posted several paragraphs of facts about Yeti being the original thief. If you have time, read it and look it all up. Everything that I shared is absolute fact and a matter of public record. Seeing is believing. Yeti invented nothing except for rubber strap down latches. And even that is debatable. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• slovelad
    Options
    @SGH true, and like many things, I just love the name brand.

same reason I got a green egg and not something else, because I want to tell everyone "I'm cooking on my egg" lol.

and if RTIC becomes the new cool thing, awesome
  • SGH
    Options
    slovelad said:

I agree. I even own and like Yeti products myself. But there is a fine line between brand loyalty and stupidity. For Yeti or anyone to say that Yeti invented anything even remotely cooler related is absolutely absurd. This is not sentiment but absolute fact that  can be looked up by anyone. I'm drinking out of a Yeti 30 ounce as we speak. But I'm not going to try to convince anyone that Yeti invented it. Dewars existed over a century before Yeti. To try to say other wise is simply a fools errand. And that is my point. If anyone prefers Yeti, then by all means buy their products. But to try to give them credit for inventing anything is simply absurd. And as far as RTIC copying Yeti, it's not a copy when it's thicker and has more insulation. It's a improvement, not a copy. The courts agree. Again, nothing against Yeti products. I own several of them. But I also accept the fact that Yeti in no way shape or form invented the cooler or rotomolding. 

Status- Standing by.

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited December 2015
    Options
    SGH said:
    slovelad said:

I agree. I even own and like Yeti products myself. But there is a fine line between brand loyalty and stupidity. For Yeti or anyone to say that Yeti invented anything even remotely cooler related is absolutely absurd. This is not sentiment but absolute fact that  can be looked up by anyone. I'm drinking out of a Yeti 30 ounce as we speak. But I'm not going to try to convince anyone that Yeti invented it. Dewars existed over a century before Yeti. To try to say other wise is simply a fools errand. And that is my point. If anyone prefers Yeti, then by all means buy their products. But to try to give them credit for inventing anything is simply absurd. And as far as RTIC copying Yeti, it's not a copy when it's thicker and has more insulation. It's a improvement, not a copy. The courts agree. Again, nothing against Yeti products. I own several of them. But I also accept the fact that Yeti in no way shape or form invented the cooler or rotomolding. 
    You can not reason with someone that has a closed mind and refuses to accept facts.
    And they base brand name on the largest company, not the company that originally designed the product.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    I got a shipping notification on Friday, but the UPS tracking says they haven't picked it up yet.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• Fosk
    Fosk Posts: 19
    Options
    Lit said:
    Best way I can describe buying a Rtic is the used egg threads around here. Half of what you are paying for with the egg is the warranty. Same with the Yeti you are paying for knowing you got a quality product that a quality company is standing behind. Basically you bought a used egg and it was half price which is about the consensus on what a used egg should cost.

You do realize that RTIC has a 7 year warranty compared to Yeti's 5 year, don't ya?
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Competition, especially in this fashion is a good thing, personally.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • scmoose
    scmoose Posts: 164
    Options
    the yeti tumblers are showing up on craigs list around here.  Went into Cabelas this weekend and the shelves were bare. 
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    I went to Dicks yesterday specifically looking for the 20 oz Rambler as everyone is out here in Central TX.  They had hundreds of 20s, the Colsters and the tumbler.  Hardly any coolers and no 30 oz.  My daughter saw an in store add that if you txted a number you got a $10 off for over $50 so we bought (2) 20 ozs.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    scmoose said:
    the yeti tumblers are showing up on craigs list around here.  Went into Cabelas this weekend and the shelves were bare. 
    That's BS.

@xfire_ATX - don't know if this helps or not, but Bering's on Westheimer in Houston, had plenty.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • scmoose
    Options
    Did a craigs list search for yeti, this is what came up.
  • scmoose
    Options

never mind cant get pic to post off of phone.

• Lit
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    SGH said:
    slovelad said:

You can not reason with someone that has a closed mind and refuses to accept facts.
    And they base brand name on the largest company, not the company that originally designed the product.
    Nobody ever said yeti invented anything but Rtic copied their look to a t. Nobody trade marked a cooler that was never the argument but yeti has spent millions of dollar promoting their look and it was stolen. I never said yeti invented anything but their look so it's hard to argue with people that read one thing and only take from it what they want to hear. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @scmoose - to clarify, I meant it's BS that folks would take advantage of others by hoarding Yeti cups then flip them on CL.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • slovelad
    Options
    Look at this **** 

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Seems they forgot a decimal point. 

Or they're Effen crazy. Or both. 
  • SGH
    Options
    Seems they forgot a decimal point. 

Or they're Effen crazy. Or both. 
    Sadly a die hard Yetitard would probably pay that amount. They are accustom to over paying. 

Status- Standing by.

• GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    edited December 2015
    Options
    my order was supposed to ship by 1/2/16 but I got my shipping confirmation today. Now I have to decide what to drink in my (2) 40oz over the holiday break....... LOL 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    GATABITES said:
    my order was supposed to ship by 1/2/16 but I got my shipping confirmation today. Now I have to decide what to drink on my 2 40oz over the holiday break....... LOL 
    same here 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Angus1978
    Options
    yep...I was supposed to be delayed but mine is shipping too.  Now if only my RTIC 20 qt would ship this year.
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • ErnieMcCracken
    Options
    Ordered one of these for my FiL.  Enjoy my Yeti so figured I'd get him one of these at half the price.
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    I got a shipping notification on Friday, but the UPS tracking says they haven't picked it up yet.
    Looks like the Tumbler finally shipped.

Scheduled Delivery Updated To:
    Tuesday, 12/08/2015, By End of Day
    Last Location:
    Departed - Houston, TX, United States, Monday, 12/07/2015

Now where's the cooler I paid for a few months back?

Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.