Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friday night - weekend debate

Options

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    I just say "Happy Holidays" cuz it pretty much applies at any time of year.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Roadpuke0
    Options
    It won't be a merry Christmas because I don't have my dam rtic cooler!
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    edited December 2015
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    I just say "Happy Holidays" cuz it pretty much applies at any time of year.
    Yep, although playing the odds in my neighborhood I should say "Happy Chanukkah."  No matter what folks say to me though, I'll just say "Thanks!  Same to you and yours."  Life's too short to get your panties in a twist over how somebody is giving you well wishes.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Merry Christmas. 

And for our Canadian Friends. 
    https://youtu.be/c3aCw-RurOk
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @Sardonicus that new avi is throwing me off!

bah humbug. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    This is way too tame for a Friday night.

Climate Change

Gun Control

Democrooks

various other stuff
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Don't forget

lump brands
    cap up or down
    soak smoke chunks or no
    any good rib methods?
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    DMW said:
    Democrooks

Now, now. Be nice brother D ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Clinton or Sanders

Trump or Carson or Cruz
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I'm gonna go with Merry Christmas and Sic 'em Bears!!

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I just got home from Christmas shopping.  Merry Christmas to all except that beotch who elbowed her way past me at Wally World.  She can suck it!  Gotta crack a brew and get oiled up.
    Flint, Michigan
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    edited December 2015
    Options
    DMW said:
    This is way too tame for a Friday night.

Climate Change

Gun Control

Democrooks

various other stuff
    Yeah. I look forward to Wednesdays now. 
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I just got home from Christmas shopping.  Merry Christmas to all except that beotch who elbowed her way past me at Wally World.  She can suck it!  Gotta crack a brew and get oiled up.

Freddie, you are the most eloquent guy from Flint I've ever met. God bless your stony little heart.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I don't get offended either way.

if I know someone is jewish, happy Chanukkah (or however you spell it).

otherwise, merry christmas or happy holidays. 

I sorta understood 'happy holidays' to cover the whole thanksgiving/Christmas/NewYear period. As opposed to it being some anti christian low-offense seni-neutral thing

i've been wished a Happy Chanukkah myself, and we're not Jewish. I didn't get upset. Instead I realized they were trying to be thoughtful

what I particularly enjoy though is when people get offended at the phrase "Xmas" because they think people are taking Christ out of Christmas

i usually let them rant for a while and then ask them why they don't know what the x really means. Especially since it's on the cross over the altar above the priest they pretend to pay attention to every subday. They should look up once in a while. 

hint: "X" isn't a replacement for the name "Christ". 
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    @Darby_Crenshaw it's quite obvious you didn't grow up in the Bible Belt. Ain't no X in Christ.  =)
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    It's quite obvious that the bible belt isn't familiar with the bible

'christ' starts with 'x'. 

If you're a true Christian, i mean

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options

Freddie, you are the most eloquent guy from Flint I've ever met. God bless your stony little heart.
    Thank you Steve.  I do what I can to brighten the lives of others.  As you know, I'm all about that.
    Flint, Michigan
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    It's quite obvious that the bible belt isn't familiar with the bible

'christ' starts with 'x'. 

If you're a true Christian, i mean

They don't learn us the fāncy spellings in Sunday Scoool
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options

@Darby_Crenshaw Forgot to ask if you have any new pumpkin picks from Halloween? 
    Greensboro, NC
  • Tbent
    Tbent Posts: 225
    Options
    L, S, MM, Mini
    Washington, IL
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Growing up it was "Merry Christmas" so unless I know that will offend these days, it's "Merry Christmas".  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Merry Christmas is my preference and what I usually lead with.  If I offend someone, sue me.  Now I gotta' run.....late for the annual Midwinter Secular Nonoffensive All-Inclusive Holiday Festival at the office complete with a celebratory life tree adorned with lights and midwinter holiday decorations.  I heard there's gonna' be schnapps there  =)

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited December 2015
    Options
    If you're offended, it's Merry FVCKING Christmas, a$$hole. Tis the season after all. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Gruss vom Krampus!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options