Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Have you tried your WOK on your BGE

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I found a great additional use for my BGE. Iit is really great for heating a large WOK doing stir-fry. You need a WOK larger diameter than the EGG. Set the WOK on bent nails or wire over the edge to allow top air vent. Of course lid stays up. Then open the bottem vent wide and use 50% dry smoke wood. This thing will hold 800 F like a dream-just right for Stir-fry. Has any one else tried it?
·

Comments

• Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,591
    Jim Andersen,
    Yep! Works great...[p]MVC-007S.jpg[p]Spring "Wok A Bye Baby" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Spring Chicken,
    Leroy,
    Yor WOK funny. LOL[p]Cheers my friend,
    Bordello[p]Look really good.

·
  • Bordello,
    The great part of this (in addition to the good cooking & food) is that all the grease splatters are outdoors so my wife isn't bitching about cleaning it up.

·
    Jim Andersen,
    That's great, no good to be sleeping with the enemy. LOL
    Keep her close and friendly.[p]Cheers,
    Bordello[p]Egg-en boneless, skinless chicken breast for dinner brined in Brant's Brined Beer-Butt Bird recipe.[p]

[ul][li]Link[/ul]
    ·
  • SandbaggerSandbagger Posts: 977
    wokringinegg.jpg
    <p />Spring Chicken, funny man, you funny man.....:<)[p]

·
  • JimEJimE Posts: 158
    Bordello,
    Mine are 1-1/4 inch Iowa chops with Eldon Wards Butt rub & Prickly Ash smoke wood cooked medium. Fresh Asparagus

·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    sandt3.jpg
    <p />Jim Andersen,
    A bunch.
    Even boiled shrimp outside to keep the smell out of house.[p]shrimp1.jpg[p]Veggies[p]zuchinni.jpg[p]Scampi in 1st pic.[p]Mike

·
    Jim,
    Going to be a good eating day. Have a Foster beer while cooking. Sunny outside, high 70's.[p]Good Eating to ya,
    Bordello

·