Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Easy pizza dough recipe?

Options
anyone?... Bueler...?

want to make some fresh, but not really an expert bread maker by any means, need any easy recipe.

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    I've used the Bobby Flay recipe and worked well.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Easiest, fastest one is Chicago deep dish. From start to eating is under two hours. Dough takes 4 minutes plus an hour to proof, seriously.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1167656/how-to-make-authentic-chicago-deep-dish-pizza-in-two-hours-or-less/p1

Traditional doughs can take a day or three in the fridge.

NY: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/10/new-york-style-pizza.html

Napoletana (00 flour): http://www.fornobravo.com/PDF/Using-caputo-tipo00.pdf

Pan: http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2013/01/the-pizza-lab-the-worlds-easiest-pizza-no-knead-no-stretch-pan-pizza.html?ref=title

Hope this helps.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I like this one.  It is really easy.  It is from the "bread in 5" recipe but scaled down to a smaller batch.  

http://www.food.com/recipe/olive-oil-pizza-dough-no-kneading-needed-349696

Note, when measuring the flour pile it up high and use the back of a knife or something similar to scrape it level.  "Scoop and sweep", described here. 

http://www.artisanbreadinfive.com/2010/04/28/how-we-measure-our-flour-using-the-scoop-and-sweep-method/comment-page-1

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    edited December 2015
    Options
    +37 on @carolina_Q recs 
    if you haven't done a cast iron pan pizza please do.  they're so darned easy and good.
    i like the forno bravo recipe.  it works fine with AP if you can't find 00 locally

Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,750
    Options
    last one i made was from pretzel dough, pizza and pretzels

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1177769/6-more-weeks

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    blind99 said:
    +37 on @carolina_Q recs 
    if you haven't done a cast iron pan pizza please do.  they're so darned easy and good.
    i like the forno bravo recipe.  it works fine with AP if you can't find 00 locally
    Thanks for the AP tip. I've never tried the forno dough with AP. I bought way too much 00 and still working my way through it. :) Will try AP when (if?) I ever run out!

Kenji's version of the pan pizza doesn't look as thick as mine. I think mine's a bit too thick.  Not sure why as I use the same 10" pan he suggests. Same ingredient amounts too. Good anyway. One suggestion - use more sauce and cheese than on a standard NY style pie. More dough needs more toppings. This one needed more.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @carolina_q looks like a winner to me! I'll have to check the size of my lodge but it looks like the same one.  It's about the biggest CI with a handle that would fit on a large BGE.  I typically put a whole bag of shredded Kraft cheese on it. 

re AP flour in the forno bravo recipe, I'm sure some pizza purist will tell me that the hydration is different, but I don't care :) 

man I want a pizza now.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • pescadorzih
    Options
    blind99 said:
    +37 on @carolina_Q recs 
    Thanks for the AP tip. I've never tried the forno dough with AP. I bought way too much 00 and still working my way through it. :) Will try AP when (if?) I ever run out!

Kenji's version of the pan pizza doesn't look as thick as mine. I think mine's a bit too thick.  Not sure why as I use the same 10" pan he suggests. Same ingredient amounts too. Good anyway. One suggestion - use more sauce and cheese than on a standard NY style pie. More dough needs more toppings. This one needed more.

Did you form the dough up the side of the pan? Usually the dough on the edges is higher to contain the toppings. Also agree with more sauce and toppings on deep dish.
    Have not made one on the egg, YET. Just my experience from tasting Deep dish in Chicago years ago.

For thin crust I like the Serious Eats Neopolitan dough.
    http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/07/basic-neapolitan-pizza-dough-recipe.html
    Use the OO flour, it gives it a good cracker crispness to the crust. Definitely make 2-3 days in advance. The dough can be mixed together in about 5 minutes.

SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • Carolina Q
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Did you form the dough up the side of the pan? Usually the dough on the edges is higher to contain the toppings. Also agree with more sauce and toppings on deep dish.
    Have not made one on the egg, YET. Just my experience from tasting Deep dish in Chicago years ago.
    Not up the side on this pie. See pan pizza link I posted. I do pinch it up the sides on a Chicago Deep Dish, which this isn't. It's just a pan pizza, à la Pizza Hut. 

This is a Deep Dish... =)

Both were done in my oven. I haven't done a pizza in my egg in over two years now.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• 1WVU
    1WVU Posts: 160
    Options
    That deep dish pizza is impressive! 
    Roanoke, VA
    Large BGE Owner
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    1WVU said:
    That deep dish pizza is impressive! 
    Thank you. It is probably the quickest, easiest pizza I have ever made. Not very healthy with all the sausage and cheese, but mighty tasty! If you like DD, read through the link I posted. A step by step how to do it.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    Super simple recipe for thick crust. 
    3 parts flour by weight(bread flour works for US, AP for Canucks)
    2 parts warm (90ºF) water by weight
    15 ml yeast for every 450g flour
    5 ml salt for every 450g flour

Mix in a bowl and turn out onto a floured surface, hand knead for a minute or two. It will be sticky, use some flour to work it. Form a ball. 
    Put in an oiled bowl (wipe the dough ball around so oil is on all sides), cover and let rise in a warm place. I fire the oven to 100ºF, then turn it off. 2 hours you are ready to go.
    You do not need to knead when you turn out of the bowl, I put on a piece of parchment cut to final shape, spread the dough and top and cook. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Skiddymarker
    Options

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    +1 on the Artisan bread in 5 recipe noted by @smokeypitt.  Easy to make, and easy to work with as far as stretching/rolling your crust to desired thickness.  It is best if you make a day or more ahead, but it will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY