Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chick-fil-a discontinuing coleslaw.......if that don't beat all....It just ain't right!

Options

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

I haven't eaten fast food for a very long time, but I think all the hate directed towards CFA would be better focused at McDonalds.  They haven't sold anything that resembles food for decades.

Phoenix 
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    edited December 2015
    Options
    struck a nerve i see, @doublegger.

still though. not a mistake, alas.
    walmart family controls more than 50%.

it's thereby  "family owned", since they control it. ...unless there is some magic definition that no one else in the business world uses.

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    blasting said:

I haven't eaten fast food for a very long time, but I think all the hate directed towards CFA would be better focused at McDonalds.  They haven't sold anything that resembles food for decades.

egg mcmuffins all day, im lovin it =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Their cole-slaw:  They taste like fetid grass clipping from a rugby field combined with soiled and muddied grass clippings surrounding the port-o-lets at an Insane Clown Posse concert composted with refuge from a fish processing plant in Bangladesh and seasoned with the tears from business major graduates flipping burgers for $7.50/hr and the swill from South Carolina pig farms.  Delicately served in a polystyrene cup by happy employees that often get 1/2 off their fast food subsistence (although they need to clock out before they can eat it and the food cost is 20%).
    Options
    But they have pellet ice

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    Their cole-slaw:  They taste like fetid grass clipping from a rugby field combined with soiled and muddied grass clippings surrounding the port-o-lets at an Insane Clown Posse concert composted with refuge from a fish processing plant in Bangladesh and seasoned with the tears from business major graduates flipping burgers for $7.50/hr and the swill from South Carolina pig farms.  Delicately served in a polystyrene cup by happy employees that often get 1/2 off their fast food subsistence (although they need to clock out before they can eat it and the food cost is 20%).
    never been there but your describing long johns silvers to me
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Ack.  Yeah, you right.
    Options
    Just to bring this back around...I think there will still be slaw y'all. 

http://www.snopes.com/chick-fil-cole-slaw-january-18/
    That link was mentioned earlier in the thread.

They could still stop selling it at any time tho. The horror!!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited December 2015
    Options
    blasting said:

There are support programs to help with that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nqBoEesXM8

And a few things to help you stay away - including erection problems:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvFGCQOJyxY
    Phoenix 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options
    Ack.  Yeah, you right.

That's why I don't eat the slaw when I go there. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    blasting said:
    blasting said:

There are support programs to help with that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nqBoEesXM8

And a few things to help you stay away - including erection problems:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvFGCQOJyxY
    Just the thought of a double cheeseburger gets me hard.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Nola is just butthurt because one of the executive officers said he supported traditional marriage. He didn't say... 

Well won't hire gays
    We hate fays
    We loathe gsys
    We're better than gays
    We don't do business with gays

The lgbtsfabdd. 

Don't like their chicken or politics.. Dont fu&king eat there. It simple. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @henapple - slightly true.  But I see threads on them all the time and they're fast "food" joints and this is supposed to be a BBQ forum.  So I troll.  BTW their food tastes like fast food dredged in vomit.

In January 2011, the media reported that Chick-fil-A was co-sponsoring a marriage conference with the Pennsylvania Family Institute (PFI), an organization that has opposed same-sex marriage legislation.[34] Chick-fil-A clarified that "one of our independent Restaurant Operators in Pennsylvania was asked to provide sandwiches to two Art of Marriage video seminars."[35] The WinShape Foundation, a charitable organization founded by Truett and his wife, also stated it would not allow same-sex couples to participate in its marriage retreats.[36]

Chick-fil-A has donated over $5 million, via WinShape, to groups that oppose same-sex marriage. Of this, more than $3 million was donated primarily to Christian organizations whose agendas included positions that oppose same-sex marriage,[37] with the money donated between 2003 and 2009.[38] A total of $1.9 million was donated in 2010 to groups such as the Marriage & Family Foundation, Exodus International and the Family Research Council (FRC).[39] That year, the FRC, which received $1,000[38] was listed as an anti-gay[40] hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.[41][42][43] WinShape has also contributed to Christian groups including Fellowship of Christian Athletes and Exodus International, the latter noted for supporting ex-gay conversion therapy.[39] In response, students at several colleges and universities worked to ban or remove the company's restaurants from their campuses. On January 28, 2013, Shane L. Windmeyer, leader of Campus Pride, suspended their campaign.[44][45][46]

In June and July 2012, Chick-fil-A Chief operating officer Dan T. Cathy made several public statements about same-sex marriage, saying that those who "have the audacity to define what marriage is about" were "inviting God's judgment on our nation".[47] Several prominent politicians expressed disapproval.[48] Boston Mayor Thomas Menino, and Chicago Alderman Proco "Joe" Moreno said they hoped to block franchise expansion into their areas.[49][50] The proposed bans drew criticism from liberal pundits, legal experts, and the American Civil Liberties Union.[51] The Jim Henson Company, which had a Pajanimals kids' meal toy licensing arrangement with Chick-fil-A, said it would cease its business relationship, and donate the payment to the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation.[52] Chick-fil-A stopped distributing the toys, citing unrelated safety concerns that had arisen prior to the controversy.[53] Chick-fil-A released a statement on July 31, 2012 saying, "We are a restaurant company focused on food, service and hospitality; our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena."[54]

Options
    Options
    So they believe in something and support that cause. They put their profit where their mouth is. They aren't hateful about it. They don't put others down. They are strong enough to go against the PC crap we have in this country.

Yet, others that disagree are ugly and disparaging. Why?

If you disagree, move on. Quit bashing them because they don't conform to YOUR beliefs. 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    So what..? You don't like their food or views. Get over it. It's (at least for now) a free country. Don't eat there... Be like the Christian people that won't shop at Target. Don't be a snowflake. 
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    All progs are snowflakes. Absolute worst for telling others what is right and wrong and their thinking is the correct way. Most conservative / libertarian minded  people don't give a rats ass what people do until you start shoving your agenda down their throats. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Pridnjoy said:
    So they believe in something and support that cause. They put their profit where their mouth is. They aren't hateful about it. They don't put others down. They are strong enough to go against the PC crap we have in this country.

Yet, others that disagree are ugly and disparaging. Why?

If you disagree, move on. Quit bashing them because they don't conform to YOUR beliefs. 
    They supported hate groups.  I'm exercising my right to free speech.  They could just sell their vomit-flavored swill without meddling in politics and religion.  They opened the doors, someone else put this thread on a bbq site based on a rumor.  The stars are aligned to troll this.  I'm not going anywhere.  In fact, I find this entertaining, and the more you hate it, the more I will do it.

BTW - did you even read anything I posted?  Hate groups?  "They aren't hateful about it" you said.  I think, umm, supporting hate groups is the very opposite of what you said.
    Options
    henapple said:
    So what..? You don't like their food or views. Get over it. It's (at least for now) a free country. Don't eat there... Be like the Christian people that won't shop at Target. Don't be a snowflake. 
    I'm over it.  Never was under it.  I'm just having fun!  I don't harbor any hate towards anyone.  They have the right to run their company, I don't care.  I am just working the entertainment value.  You guys are getting mad, not me.
    Options
    So you hate the people you say hate? Smh. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    henapple said:
    I'm over it.  Never was under it.  I'm just having fun!  I don't harbor any hate towards anyone.  They have the right to run their company, I don't care.  I am just working the entertainment value.  You guys are getting mad, not me.
    Dude.......just try the coleslaw.......and all will be well.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    henapple said:
    So you hate the people you say hate? Smh. 
    As I said before...I hate corporate factory fast food.  I don't hate any person on this forum.  It's just a food forum, man!
    Options
    It's a well run outfit but it's not the best fast food chicken around. That title belongs to Popeye's. That should be right up your alley @nolaegghead
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Henapple just texted me:  Gay people each chicken too!
    Options
    And I thought they only ate duck.
    Options
    It's a well run outfit but it's not the best fast food chicken around. That title belongs to Popeye's. That should be right up your alley @nolaegghead
    Popeyes is disgusting 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    And I thought they only ate duck.
    :rofl: 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    @henapple - slightly true.  But I see threads on them all the time and they're fast "food" joints and this is supposed to be a BBQ forum.  So I troll.  BTW their food tastes like fast food dredged in vomit.

@northGAcock placed this thread in "Off Topic" category, not the eggheadforum.  But even if he didn't do that, cole slaw is very much BBQ related.  So your argument doesn't apply in this case... Just like it didn't apply in the thread I started on cold smoked cheese.  I understand you were trying to make "a funny" though, so it's all good.  =)  Love ya still though brother.  ;)  LOL

@northGAcock , thx for sharing the recipe!  I will be giving it a go soon.  
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    This bothers me about as much as it would bother me if MuckyDs would forever 86 their meat glue slurry they call the McRib. Oh the humanity. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    I don't eat at Chick-fil-A much cuz the drive thru line is always Crazy FULL! They have to run tandem drive thru lanes with employees working outside to take and shuttle the orders its so damn busy. And this stores have been there for years. Must be doing something right.

I like McDonalds for breakfast too...or Taco Cabana.
    Gittin' there...