Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Your a#&

Options
henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
Had my 51 year old colonoscopy today. I won't go into details other than I went no sedation. Not sure you want to try that. Caught some stuff early. Regardless... If you're around that age.., go get one. Face it, most of us don't eat real healthy. Anyway.. Go get it done before obamacare sticks it in there.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    No sedation!!!????

hope you used lots of bacon. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Tony just wanted to get ready for the Butt Blast in April.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    This just in T:

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    I guess the lack of sedation allowed you to keep track of both of his hands...
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I just wanted to be a part of a thread with a$$ in the title. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Little Steven
    Options
    henapple said:
    Had my 51 year old colonoscopy today. I won't go into details other than I went no sedation. Not sure you want to try that. Caught some stuff early. Regardless... If you're around that age.., go get one. Face it, most of us don't eat real healthy. Anyway.. Go get it done before obamacare sticks it in there.

No sedation? Your choice? Just sayin'

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    henapple said:

No sedation? Your choice? Just sayin'

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Nut up snowflakes... Seriously, get it done. Don't wait until it's too late. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    henapple said:
    regardless of age you should have one done, it saved me from having to **** in a bag for the rest of my life about 10 years ago .... but i would never not go under for one 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    henapple said:
    Butt, it's a lot more fun to just make fun of you...
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    McStew said:
    regardless of age you should have one done, it saved me from having to **** in a bag for the rest of my life about 10 years ago .... but i would never not go under for one 
    You are half correct - you should have one done at 50, not really 'regardless of age'.  If you have a family history that would indicate you should have it done earlier, then by all means do so.

I had mine this year as well.  It is really no big deal at all if you have sedation...also caught something that was no big deal now, but cold have been.  I'll be going back in 5 years for the sequel.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    henapple said:
    Butt, it's a lot more fun to just make fun of you...

Dude, I'm on top of it. Have had several. I generally take all the medication the can put in me for it though. Manning up to me means skipping the freezing in a root control. Unless the American scopes/wire cutters/flamethrowers are much smaller. Just don't like the feeling. Of course, I've never posed nekkid with bacon.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,098
    Options
    Why sedation?  People pay a lot of money for them.  You want your money's worth.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Why sedation?  People pay a lot of money for them.  You want your money's worth.

Not in Canada dude. One of the few presents our government gives us. Frankly I would rather pay for the up the butt thing and get a couple of cases of beer every month,

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Spaightlabs
    Options
    Not if you have insurance - preventive service is no charge to patient...same as you annual physical that most people don't bother with.

You shouldn't have to pay if you are taking it up the ass.
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options

Glad to see humor about a possibly lifesaving procedure.

It's not that bad, GET IT DONE! 

Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    McStew said:
    You are half correct - you should have one done at 50, not really 'regardless of age'.  If you have a family history that would indicate you should have it done earlier, then by all means do so.

I had mine this year as well.  It is really no big deal at all if you have sedation...also caught something that was no big deal now, but cold have been.  I'll be going back in 5 years for the sequel.
    You are half correct they say to have your first at 40 now. 
  • Lit
    Options
    Not if you have insurance - preventive service is no charge to patient...same as you annual physical that most people don't bother with.

Oh and you are wrong here I have the premium Aetna insurance and it cost me a lot I believe around $1k once all the bills came in.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options

Tell that to the IRS
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Lit said:

Oh and you are wrong here I have the premium Aetna insurance and it cost me a lot I believe around $1k once all the bills came in.
    All depends on your insurance and how it is billed. I have Anthem and my doctor ordered it and billed it as preventive maintenance, I didn't pay a dime!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Lit said:
    McStew said:

@henapple started at 17. Just sayin"

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    No sedation!!!????

hope you used lots of bacon. 
    None of either needed. He has been warming up wit PBR cans  :sick: 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    No sedation! You da man
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Spaightlabs
    Options
    Lit said:
    McStew said:

Who are 'they'?

American Cancer Society says 50.  Unless you have risk factors.
  • Spaightlabs
    edited December 2015
    Options

jabam said:
    Lit said:

All depends on your insurance and how it is billed. I have Anthem and my doctor ordered it and billed it as preventive maintenance, I didn't pay a dime!
    Talk to your insurer my friend.  You took it up the arse.

Preventive care is covered. However - if they removed a polyp expect to pay for the lab tests and the removal of any polyps subject to deductibles etc.
  • Spaightlabs
    Options

@henapple started at 17. Just sayin"
    It isn't a problem until you start looking for a home unit so you can self perform the exam...
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    My Primary Care Physician ordered my colonoscopy. Preventative procedure.
    The Cadillac plan covered it. I went the sedated route.   
    The few days prior to the procedure was worst that the procedure.
    Clean results. I'm relieved.
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • theyolksonyou
    Options

Glad to see humor about a possibly lifesaving procedure.

It's not that bad, GET IT DONE! 

Not sure how you really feel, but I'd bet a case of PBR Tony knew how this would go. 
  • Lit
    Options

jabam said:
    Lit said:

Talk to your insurer my friend.  You took it up the arse.

Preventive care is covered. However - if they removed a polyp expect to pay for the lab tests and the removal of any polyps subject to deductibles etc.
    The doctor I went to said he recommends at 40 and then every 5 years after that and even less than that if you have history but it looks like the consensus is 50. I may have had to pay so much because I chose to go in and get it done at 35 just to be safe since I drink a lot and don't eat so great. Glad I did they removed some polyps and I don't even have family history. A buddy of mine had part of his colon removed a couple weeks ago and he is 42. I will be back in there when I hit 40 for sure like henapple said don't put it off.