Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Well Rtic 30oz shipping Dec 10th

Options
13»

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    They're a victim of their own success/business model.

@stonewh says neoprene to insulate so my assumption is not a vacuum dewar....

Looking at there write up they say double wall vacum sealed. They are the exact dimensions and thickness of the Yeti 30. I ordered a few so we shall see my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Over promise and under deliver. That's the RTIC way. 
  • loveTheEgg
    Options
    I ordered 15 yesterday. Got the 12-14 ship date 
    Brandon, MS
  • SGH
    Options
    I ordered 25 and got the 12-14-15 ship date as well. That's the day before my birthday =)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Angus1978
    Options
    What the F*ck.....they were supposed to open the ordering on Dec 4th at noon.
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • SGH
    Options
    Angus1978 said:
    What the F*ck.....they were supposed to open the ordering on Dec 4th at noon.
    They got their shipment in early and as such they started selling them. I check the RTIC site a few times a day to try to be one of the first inline. For the next few months, everything that they sell will go fast due to the outstanding quality and low price. I keep hoping that they will release a 400-500 quart cooler. I will buy 2 the second that they do. 

Status- Standing by.

• Angus1978
    Options
    @SGH
    It's still B$, they'd advertised a date and time for them to go on sale.  They should hold to that.  If they hadn't posted the sale time, I wouldn't be irritated.  I did give someone a piece of my mind at RTIC, just because I could.  I'm sure a lot of people will be pinging them on Dec 4th at noon going "WTF" to them when they see it's backordered.

Side note:  I'm disappointed that I went to bed before 10pm last night or I'd have seen the post here, but that's my fault.
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    SGH said:
    I ordered 25 and got the 12-14-15 ship date as well. That's the day before my birthday =)
    Why do you two need 15 and 25 of these? Do you lose them a lot? Not do the dishes very often?
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    Hey, I know why @sgh is always first to know.  Its his job to know!

https://www.sgh-globalj.com/english/
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • SGH
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    Why do you two need 15 and 25 of these? Do you lose them a lot? Not do the dishes very often?
    I really don't wash dishes very often. I have had my tumbler since July and I have never washed it. Never. Why do I need 25? Throughout the year several people on the forum has sent me gifts. I intend to return the favor in kind with the cups and breaking knives. 

Status- Standing by.

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    scmoose said:
    Backordered to 1-2-16 now.
    They have really ****** up the marketing on these things. Yesterday they were in-stock and ready to ship and today back ordered a month. Perfectly normal for some companies.
    They said it was a smaller first run and it was basically first come first serve on the first run. They went fast...
    I ordered 8 and missed the first batch as well.

Should have seen it coming with the cooler demand. I will be amazed if I ever get my cooler and if they can stay in business as first impressions are everything.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Angus1978 said:
    @SGH
    It's still B$, they'd advertised a date and time for them to go on sale.  They should hold to that.  If they hadn't posted the sale time, I wouldn't be irritated.  I did give someone a piece of my mind at RTIC, just because I could.  I'm sure a lot of people will be pinging them on Dec 4th at noon going "WTF" to them when they see it's backordered.

Side note:  I'm disappointed that I went to bed before 10pm last night or I'd have seen the post here, but that's my fault.
    @Col Some customers are never satisfied.  You fortunately have free will, I would suggest not patronizing their company if you are so upset.  I am sorry you feel like that, and I'm sure your piece of mind changed their corporate culture.  At the very least, you made someone feel like you do.
    Options
    Just got me one! Who care when it ships ( By 1.2.16). I have my 20oz rambler to hold me over until one arrives. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • SGH
    edited December 2015
    Options
    GATABITES said:
    Who care when it ships 
    My thoughts exactly. Most (not all) of the people complaining about shipping went their entire life without a Yeti due to the ridiculous price but get ill over a few weeks wait. Doesn't make sense to me. As of right now, I have been on a waiting list for 5 weeks for a Yeti 210. But I haven't complained one bit. 

Status- Standing by.

• GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    I know what you mean. I didnt realize to get free shipping you have to order 2 tumblers, Dammit, so now I will have 2!!!!!  LOL 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Angus1978
    Options
    @nolaegghead    I was respectful to them,  just put out that they'd open the gates 3 days early.  I had a calendar reminder to go off just before noon on the 4th.  I know I probably didn't make a difference in their culture. 

If I hadn't been so in tune to this forum I'd never have known (thanks all!). 

I would guess that most people set a reminder and will be more butthurt than I was today because their Tumblrs will not even have a shot at Christmas delivery.

And honestly, I'm just venting to get it out of my system on this forum....*sigh*
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    @Angus1978 - I don't have a dog in the RTIC/Yeti competition but I can sympathize with your position absent any explanation from RTIC about the major change.  I'm sure there isn't any although you may have heard the corporate tune during your phone call. 
    Oh well-the company is displaying a lot of hic-cups not unlike others who have stumbled right out of the gate. BTW- BGE isn't without a few mis-fires; most recently with the MM release. 
    Perhaps time for an adult calming beverage or two. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @Angus1978  no worries.  I'm just on the receiving end of complaints about projects that go over sideways.  Sometimes.  
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    BTW- BGE isn't without a few mis-fires; most recently with the MM release.
    Funny how this one has now slipped most folks minds now. For the record, if the buffalo suddenly strikes, I'm compelled to believe that pointing out the MM's failure to launch is the culprit =)

Status- Standing by.

• Angus1978
    Options
    @nolaegghead  I'm a Customer Service Team Lead....this is exactly the kind of stuff that gets me riled up :)
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    @SGH I still want to know where to buy a blank one without YETI or RTIC stamped on it :)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Davec433
    Davec433 Posts: 463
    Options
    I'd buy four if they didn't get delivered next month! I need them for some Sectet Santa gifts.