Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

egging in heavy rain

John
John Posts: 62
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i'm sure others have thought of this. cooking a shoulder clod in a good ole louisiana frog strangler rain. turn a colander upside down over the wheel and then put the ceramic top to the egg on top of the colander. works like a charm in a heavy rain

Comments

• Spincycle
    Spincycle Posts: 26
    john,
    sounds like you are getting the same crap I am getting in houston!

• John
    John Posts: 62
    spincycle, yep, i've lived in alexandria for 52 years, and for some reason, we get the same weather patterns as houston. best, john

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    spincycle,
    What part of Houston? We're getting it too up in Spring and it looks like an all day thing. But it's no "Frog Strangler" like in Alexandria where they've got lots of frogs to strangle...[p]Spring "Frog Gargler" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Spincycle
    Spring Chicken,
    I'm in missouri city, apparently a few blocks from Trex.
    I was just at Chim Chimneys abd they mentioned you when I asked about doing an eggfest in his parking lot. My Parents are in your side of town off woodlands parkway. You live in a pretty part of town.

• Spincycle
    john,[p]Well god knows we need the rain here! I think it has been dry about 2 weeks.
  • Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Spring Chicken,
    Hopefully all that rain can make its way east. Im not prepared for a dry summer.
    Smokin' "doubts on droughts" Todd

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Spincycle,
    Chim Chimneys is where the Texas Eggfest actually took root. A bunch of us locals decided to meet there during their grand re-opening and talk soon turned to getting together to cook on the Egg instead of gas grills. One thing lead to another and before long others in the state heard about it and wanted in on the action. Next thing you know we're holding annual Texas Eggfests. I'm not much for "parking lot" eggfests. Seems more like a "demo" to me but I'm sure we could come up with something if enough of us locals got together.[p]As for Spring, I'm just off I-45 at Cypresswood Dr. Next time you're up this way, stop off and we'll burn some lump.[p]Spring "May As Well Tap Into The Rum Barrel" Chicken

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    spincycle,[p]Hey, if it had rained here 2 weeks ago we'd consider it monsoon season.[p]Looking at the sky and wishing in Foat Wuth.[p]mShark
  • Spincycle
    Spring Chicken,
    Yeah, he mentioned how it sort of evolved. I'm pretty sad as it is another year until the texas fest returns. I've never been to a proper fest so even a parking lot sounded like a great idea as I don't know any other eggers personally and I really would like to take some BGE cooking classes or the like. I'm putting eggfest on my calendar for next year. I'd really love to get a group of eggers in the Houston area together at some point. Not sure where, but it would be something I'd sure enjoy.[p]Smoking an 8.5 butt now going on 14.5 hours. Not sure I can hold out as I'm starving!