Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OSU played a real team

Options

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited November 2015
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    YEMTrey said:
    o$u was getting the benefit of the doubt all year long in the fact that they haven't played anybody but they are the defending champs.
    Elliott and Cardale Jones just announced they're going pro after the season.  Man, do you think they know their season is over?!  When the going gets tough, the meek head off to the NFL.  Wonder where Urban will go?
    Urban's going the same place as Les Miles.  Unemployment line.
    After a national championship and only one loss this year???  Hmmmmmmm.

edit- If my Wolverines beat them next week then you might be on to something!!  GO BLUE!!!
    Flint, Michigan
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I'm just happy the Dawgs made it out of Senior night with a win....ugly but a win. 

To hell with Georgia Tech! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    edited November 2015
    Options
    So twice in the last 5 years.  Then in the  2 years an SEC didn't win, once they were in the championship game and the other year an SEC was one of the 4 competing.  
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    Urban Meyer is not going anywhere unless he wants out.  Just look at what he has done for OSU and Big 10 football.  I don't have a dog in this fight but he could name his meal ticket if he wants out.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited November 2015
    Options
    @GATraveller gonna be some ugly football on the flats this coming weekend. 

THWG
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited November 2015
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Urban Meyer is not going anywhere unless he wants out.  Just look at what he has done for OSU and Big 10 football.  I don't have a dog in this fight but he could name his meal ticket if he wants out.
    I agree.  He is firmly ensconced down there.  Ohio State would pay big $ to keep him so it wouldn't that.  He will retire from coaching there unless they run into NCAA trouble or Harbaugh or Dantonio makes him his beotch.  
    Flint, Michigan
  • GATraveller
    Options
    @GATraveller gonna be some ugly football on the flats this coming weekend. 

THWG

You aren't kidding. Battle of the bad. You going to the game? 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Same was said last year about OSU, and the rest is in the history book. 

I don't understand some of the logic here. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • GATraveller
    edited November 2015
    Options
    We'll know Urban wants out when he fakes his next heart attack. 

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Could not take the pressure of the SEC, busted a move out of Florida as his program started falling apart with criminals and thugs running the team.  Ohio guy. Will be there a long time, if he keeps beating Michigan. He starts losing that game, heart attack.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • FarmerTom
    Options
    A Buckeye is a worthless, air filled nut with no social or economic value.

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• YukonRon
    Options
    Ouch for the Buckeye fans. I mean, really, ouch.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    The SEC may seem "top heavy" but the conference has the toughest schedule. 

FSU and OSU rank in the 40's 

Florida State
    Sat, 
    Sep 05
    Texas State8:00 p.m. 
    Tallahassee
    W, 59-16
    Sat, 
    Sep 12
    USF11:30 a.m. 
    Tallahassee
    W, 34-14
    Fri, 
    Sep 18
    at Boston College *8:00 p.m. 
    at Chestnut Hill
    W, 14-0
    Sat, 
    Oct 03
    at Wake Forest *3:30 p.m. 
    at Winston-Salem
    W, 24-16
    Sat, 
    Oct 10
    Miami *8:00 p.m. 
    Tallahassee
    W, 29-24
    Sat, 
    Oct 17
    Louisville *12:00 p.m. 
    Tallahassee
    W, 41-21
    Sat, 
    Oct 24
    at Georgia Tech *7:00 p.m. 
    at Atlanta
    L, 22-16
    Sat, 
    Oct 31
    Syracuse *12:00 p.m. 
    Tallahassee
    W, 45-21
    Sat, 
    Nov 07
    at Clemson *3:30 p.m. 
    at Clemson
    L, 23-13
    Sat, 
    Nov 14
    NC State *12:30 p.m. 
    Tallahassee
    W, 34-17
    Sat, 
    Nov 21
    Chattanooga3:00 p.m. 
    Tallahassee
    W, 52-13
    Sat, 
    Nov 28
    at Florida7:30 p.m. 
    at Gainesville

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    Yes as an OSU fan yesterday did suck badly.  But everyone loses from time to time.  As long as we win next week life can and still will be good.   Also we still did win that national championship last year so there is always that to remember.     I think we had to beat Alabama to get to the title game to didn't we.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Ya but, everybody knows Bama sucks. Guess they didn't play a real SEC team. 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • GATraveller
    Options
    @GATraveller not going, you?

For some reason I'm considering it. I've only been once and sat with my neighbor in the tech section where his season tickets were. Treated worse than any opposing stadium I've ever been (and I've been to every SEC school except A&M or Mizzou). I was sober and minding my own business no less. We were cussed and had ice thrown at us constantly throughout the game so I vowed I'd never go back. I hope that's not typical. I have a friend offering me a ticket so may give it one more shot. We'll see. 

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    We have spelled buckeye with an "F" for years.  Even though it would have been better for my Wolverines if the team from Columbus had won, I 'm super happy for the Spartans!  Sparty on!  And GO BLUE!

Go blow! 

Hoo hoo hoo hoosiers!  Almost had ya, and we suck.  

sorry for getting too raw.  As Chris Webber once said, "time out"

:)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Cannot take the SEC pressure, but beats the best of the SEC to win a national championship.  That makes perfect sense.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    We have spelled buckeye with an "F" for years.  Even though it would have been better for my Wolverines if the team from Columbus had won, I 'm super happy for the Spartans!  Sparty on!  And GO BLUE!

Go blow! 

Hoo hoo hoo hoosiers!  Almost had ya, and we suck.  

sorry for getting too raw.  As Chris Webber once said, "time out"

:)

Going all the way back to Chris Webber's time out call in 1993?
    ouch.  have mercy.  please sir, refrain from thrashing me further.
    Flint, Michigan
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @GATraveller not going, you?

For some reason I'm considering it. I've only been once and sat with my neighbor in the tech section where his season tickets were. Treated worse than any opposing stadium I've ever been (and I've been to every SEC school except A&M or Mizzou). I was sober and minding my own business no less. We were cussed and had ice thrown at us constantly throughout the game so I vowed I'd never go back. I hope that's not typical. I have a friend offering me a ticket so may give it one more shot. We'll see. 
    I gave my season tickets up a few years ago as my kids started getting busier. It's always a more "energetic" crowd for that game. Some of the most obnoxious visiting fans I've seen are at that game as well. Last one I attended with my kids we lost late, as usual in that game.  Walking back out some idiot was screaming obscenities at all the tech fans, kids and all. 

Some classy folks attend football games.  
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Cannot take the SEC pressure, but beats the best of the SEC to win a national championship.  That makes perfect sense.  
    When he was in the SEC, it was during the years an SEC team was winning the NC every year, B2B. The problem was, his Gators was not the SEC team every year, and he had to play in the conference, which, week after week, had to play the next potential National Champion. It was so competitive during that span, 2007 LSU WON THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, over Ohio State, having two losses. One was to UK, and the second was Arkansas. Just a bit of meaningless trivia, UK also beat the only other team to win against LSU that year. LSU put a Royal beat down on OSU in that game. That was the pressure he had to deal with. Nothing like that in his conference now.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    When he was in the SEC, it was during the years an SEC team was winning the NC every year, B2B. The problem was, his Gators was not the SEC team every year, and he had to play in the conference, which, week after week, had to play the next potential National Champion. It was so competitive during that span, 2007 LSU WON THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, over Ohio State, having two losses. One was to UK, and the second was Arkansas. Just a bit of meaningless trivia, UK also beat the only other team to win against LSU that year. LSU put a Royal beat down on OSU in that game. That was the pressure he had to deal with. Nothing like that in his conference now.
    Okay, so I took your point differently. Still, he's done a great job in Columbus,  I think. They technically haven't played anyone, but it was the same before,  but brought the hardware home. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Ya but, everybody knows Bama sucks. Guess they didn't play a real SEC team. 

Kinda what I'm saying , @NPHuskerFL , the logic doesn't make sense to me. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    edited November 2015
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Does somebody want to let Okie State know that the game has started?!  Baylor storming out of the gate!  @Griffin enjoying this?!

I did while down at the ranch. The game against TCU? Not so much, but you gotta admit we've come a long way in the past few years. I'm proud of my Bears regardless. Just wish we had a better defense. And who knows, maybe we'll get an SEC team for a bowl game...

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    Buckeys played a team this past weekend and rolled them, but no post about that?  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • jonnymack
    Options
    Look OSU played with their head up their a$$ all year. They finally couldn't squeak by a team in MSU and paid for it. With that pressure to be great off of their backs, they dismantled Michigan badly. As a Cleveland native and lifelong OSU fan I have zero problems with this season. They will still go to a good bowl game and based on how they looked this past week, should do pretty darn good. The fact that a title was won last year, and the way it was won, earns them at least 3-5 years of no bitching from me. However, I know not everyone is as rational about these things.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Michigan is hardly a good team... 

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I'm a die hard Michigan fan and can't argue that.  9-3 could have just as easily been 7-5 with the close games with Minnesota and Indiana.  They lost two studs on the d-line and started gettting gashed against the run later in the season.  Let Harbaugh get the talent he needs there and things will be fine.

Everybody was running well against Michigan so this osu performance doesn't mean much other than they watched film and saw the same thing as everybody else.  osu has another good class coming in, but what hurt them the most this year, I believe, was the lost of Hermann (OC) to Houston.

Should be a good CFP series.  Not sure anybody wants to play Bama right now.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    henapple said:
    Michigan is hardly a good team... 

I think that could be said of most programs with their scheduling.  Bama played some crazy school this past weekend.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site