Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

love my new large Kick Ash Basket so I ordered a small one tonight!

Options
13»

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    I think that this is a case of someone wanting to keep it simple. I don't have and have never used a KAB or a Smokeware cap.  Doesn't mean they don't work but IMHO I wouldn't spend the money on either one of them because my set up works for me and I'm not one to fix what ain't broken.   That's not ridiculing anyone that has either of these products just stating my opinion and we all know what that is worth.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options
    I think that this is a case of someone wanting to keep it simple. I don't have and have never used a KAB or a Smokeware cap.  Doesn't mean they don't work but IMHO I wouldn't spend the money on either one of them because my set up works for me and I'm not one to fix what ain't broken.   That's not ridiculing anyone that has either of these products just stating my opinion and we all know what that is worth.  
    Sorry, Matt.
    That's entirely too reasonable.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Why you wanna bring logic into this train Wreck?
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Well that just brought reason to an otherwise entirely fun bit of banter.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Mattman3969
    Options
    Just wanted to have one post in a crazy never ending nonsensical post.  

Im out now!!

analyze adapt overcome

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,948
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I think that this is a case of someone having a few beers too many on Thanksgiving.  Man is tomorrow gonna suck.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I think that this is a case of someone having a few beers too many on Thanksgiving.  Man is tomorrow gonna suck.
    Kinda like when someone called mods something...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    DMW said:
    Kinda like when someone called mods something...
    I was quite sober when that happened actually.   I am quite a jackass.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I am still counting just how many too many I will have tonight.  I have tomorrow off so please carry on.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Mattman3969
    edited November 2015
    Options

Or it could've been bait for another lively discussion...

analyze adapt overcome

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I commended him on his accomplishments.
     He doesn't know what he is talking about and he RUDELY interjected his uniformed opinion into this. All the rest of this thread is Not pertinent. Again, I agree with @swordsmn. Hey if you don't want a KAB, don't buy one. No need to be a di*k to some one who did and really likes it, that's all. A fancy degree has absolutely nothing to do with the issue. Politics has nothing to do with it. He's an a** about it does matter. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,044
    edited November 2015
    Options
    DMW said:
    Talk about off the rails...
    I'm guessing many of the contributors to this thread have off tomorrow and are enjoying C2H6O
    No way man.  The worlds problems will be solved here!  We will rise up with our eggs above our heads, well they are heavy, so maybe on the ground behind us, and rule the world.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    DMW said:
    Talk about off the rails...
    I'm guessing many of the contributors to this thread have off tomorrow and are enjoying C2H6O
    No way man.  The worlds problems will be solved here!  We will rise up with our eggs above our heads, well they are heavy, so maybe on the ground behind us, and rule the world.
    They will be a little lighter if you use that kick ash basket to remove the lump. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Well played @SmokeyPitt , well played. 
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I commended him on his accomplishments.  . . .
    Oh.  Okay, then.
     ;)  ;)

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,044
    Options
    @RRP next time, don't be so controversial ;)

A KAB for my medium will be my next upgrade.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options

Now I'm depressed because I very much like my Kick Ash Baskets and have 3 of them! Just where did I go wrong in life? :) Oh and I still like my Kick Ash Baskets and think they are great accessory.......

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• North_Is_Up
    Options
    How do you get free shipping on Black Friday? This thread makes me want one. 
    Small (hatched 6/13/2015)
    XL (hatched 4/21/2012)
    CyberQ Wifi, KCBS CTC CBJ
    Northern CA
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Not sure either, but after reading that last night I wrote the company asking them to honor the free shipping or just cancel my order and I would order again today. I have not heard back - NOR did I receive an email confirmation that they had received my order. OTOH when I submitted the order yesterday it "thanked me" and listed an order number which I never bothered to write down based on the experience with my first order for the large. Guess we'll wait and see!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • BrisketBob
    Options
    I have my very young grand daughter hold a paper sack while I pull the ash with the small ash tool.  We both have a ball at no expense.  It also get her used to the Egg.  Problem solved.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    RRP said:
     Guess we'll wait and see!
    Just heard from them and they agreed to refund my shipping so it appears the free shipping for today is correct!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options

Chad the owner and I have talked to him at two different fest and I'm sure he wants to provide great customer service and will do all he can to make customers happy. I'm not surprised that he refunded the shipping. Great product, great AMERICAN Company and great family business. :)

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer