Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's your Thanksgiving menu?

Options

Thanksgiving 2015

Homemade Recipes:

15lb Turducken with cornbread dressing

Creamed Corn from fresh corn on cob

Sweet Potato Casserole

Mac and Cheese

Mashed Potatoes

Broccoli Risotto

Squash Casserole

Creamed Spinach

Sour dough Dressing

Cranberry sauce

Breads:

Ciabatta from starter culture 

Honey Wheat with Fresh ground wheat

Artisan bread in 5 Sourdough  in Pain d’Epi style

Brioche Pull Apart Rolls

Homemade Butter

Deserts:

Pecan Pie

Dutch Apple Pie

Pumpkin Pie

Lemon Tarts

Homemade Ice cream

Chocolate covered oreos (used sous vide)

Forgotten cookies

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Wow man, that spread is off the charts!  Love to see some pics.

My family is coming on the 1st, so we're saving the ham, turkey, and other large chunks for when there are more people to enjoy them.  Tonight for thanksgiving dinner my daughter requested fried rice and peach cobbler.  No arguments from me.

Enjoy your feast!

Phoenix 
  • AintEZbeingme
    Options

Staying at a campground this week. They provide the meats and invite campers for potluck lunch. Did a slowcooker of chicken & dumplings. Plenty of good food and desserts. Got enough leftover for a bowl tonite.

STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS!
    GIVE ME OYSTERS AND BEER FOR DINNER EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR
     & I'LL FEEL FINE!

SW Georgia :  LARGE & MINI BGE

• mrw123
    mrw123 Posts: 202
    Options
    I'm only charge of the mains.
    Spatchcock Turkey with amazingribs rub, two ducks, one brisket point for burnt ends and one whole brisket that was turned into Montreal smoked meat. 

Actually, appetizer too-cold smoked salmon.
  • bob.bud
    bob.bud Posts: 297
    Options
    Snap shot of the menu my wife sent out to the family:

Bloomfield Hills, MI | LGBE : AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid : Kick Ash Basket : Smokeware Cap : Smobot Beta
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    I only cooked the bird, but we had:

mashed potatoes
    2 different sweet potatoe dishes
    Creamed corn
    fried okra
    cranberry sauce 2 kinds
    green beans
    dressing and giblet gravy
    slaw
    deviled eggs

reeces pie
    coconut pie
    chocolate cake
    red velvet cake 
    pumpkin pie

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    Cold non-light/lite beer (life is too short for that)
    a glass of Van Winkle's 20 year-old
    some of their 12 year-old
    and some turkey with sides.
    Food menu pales in comparison with any of the above.  
    Happy Thanksgiving.  (And thankful to be off on Friday)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Amazing brother grim!!  It was just me and SWMBO, first time ever.  We ate Cornish hens, cornbread dressing, traditional dressing, green bean casserole, southern skillet corn, mashers and gravy.  Egged a turkey breast to insure leftovers  =) Cornbread dressing and birds done on the egg. 

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Randall_Lee
    Options
    Some great looking food and menus just remember don't eat more than you can lift. 
    Niceville, Fl
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options

• Davec433
    Davec433 Posts: 463
    Options
    We ended up having way to much food.
    Turkey
    Ham
    Cheese curds and crackers
    sweet potatoe pie
    mashed potatoes and gravy
    green beans
    butternut squash
    rolls
    flan
    pecan pie
    apple piblueberry pie
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    Turkey
    Egret Ham
    Stuffing
    Mashed Taters
    Squash
    Mad Max gravy
    Artichoke squares
    Biscuits
    Cresent Rolls
    Sweet Potato pie
    Cran-orange cake
    lots of red wine
  • Black_Badger
    Options
    HAHA! Man, you guys do not mess around! I just posted a rundown of my cook this year, but it was relatively constrained compared to these masterpieces.

Cheers all -
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,476
    Options
    I was planning to drive to Moab for photography for the weekend.  Last night a snowstorm was blowing in, decided to wait until early this morning, and we got a lot more snow, and it was much colder, than expected.  I cancelled my travel plans.
    But, I hadn't done a backup plan.  Grocery stores were closed, so I ended up having a can of Chef Boy-ar-Dee and a dill pickle.  Not kidding.
    I didn't post this to be a debbie downer; this past year I've finally escaped the most evil boss I've had in 32 years, and am So Thankful right now!!  

Hope everyone here has something equally big to be Thankful for; Happy Thanksgiving, folks!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks like some great grub and a good time. Happy Thanksgiving Grim. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Scott, wow! Nicely done, that spread is off the hook!

Now, when you get a chance, could you share the recipe for the Broccoli Risotto please?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    For the first time, we went out to dinner at Don's Pomeroy House ( a longstanding Cleveland establishment ); turkey, stuffing, mashed taters, gravy, corn, candied yams, cranberry sauce, apple pie, ice cream, Pinot noir and coffee. Stress free. Best way to go. 
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    I had to work a 12-hr shift today making electrons, but I walked in the door to:

Mad Max's Turkey and Gravy
    All of the sides on The Pioneer Woman website including mashed potatoes, sweet potatoe casserole, puréed butternut squash, acorn squash, balsamic Brussels sprout with dried cranberries, stuffing made from cornbread, ciabatta, and French bread, and a few other things I'm forgetting. 

No pics, but SWMBO did an amazing job. 

PS: The Mad Max turkey and gravy recipe is legit, I heartily recommend it. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Turkey 
    Gravy
    Sweet Potato souffle  
    Yankee stuffing 
    Cornbread stuffing
    Green beans
    Corn casserole 
    Homemade cinnamon rolls
    Stewed apples 
    Homemade Salted Caramel toffee cheesecake 
    Homemade cherry pie
    Coma 

Awesome day with so many things to be thankful for. I hardly even know where to begin!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

I only cooked the bird, but we had:

mashed potatoes
    2 different sweet potatoe dishes
    Creamed corn
    fried okra
    cranberry sauce 2 kinds
    green beans
    dressing and giblet gravy
    slaw
    deviled eggs

reeces pie
    coconut pie
    chocolate cake
    red velvet cake 
    pumpkin pie

You had me at fried okra. Well played. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    @thatgrimguy - that is one hell of a spread!!! I just showed it to my wife and she asked why I haven't I done bread on the egg.  Great job on the food!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    We had a prime rib roast, US Thanksgiving is the first major holiday after Canadian Thanksgiving so a rib roast seemed appropriate. Now watching the Bears and Packers enjoying an Evan Williams Bourbon (our local government store just started to carry it). 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving brother!  

Our menu consisted of the following: 

Turkey
    Ham 
    Mashed Potatoes
    Gravy
    Dressing
    Asparagus w/Hollandaise 
    Mashed Sweet potatoes
    Fresh cranberry sauce
    Stuffed cranberry sauce
    Green bean casserole
    Homemade rolls
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Pernil Al Horno
    Mofongo
    Arroz Con Gandules
    Green Beans w/ shallots, bacon, and garlic.

Here's a pic of the small amount of garlic I used for the roast.

• Thatgrimguy
    Options
    So many great ideas for next year!!!
  • howlee360
    Options
    turducken breast "roll", mashed potatoes infused with garlic, thyme, rosemary and sage, rolls, sauteed green beans and almonds, tricolor roasted carrots, dressing, relish/chutney/sauce, corn pudding, cream gravy, plenty of wine and champagne, sweet tea, chocolate walnut pie, shoo fly pie for hubby and ice cream
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    I got nothing on these spreads! Some great looking pictures guys! Our family decided to pull a switch up this year, I plan on starting cooking tomorrow. Our menu for now:

brisket
    boston butt
    chicken corn bread dressing 
    sweet potato casserole (with a butter brown sugar crust)
    corn casserole
    deviled eggs
    rolls
    green beans
    collard greens

I would like to try a turducken on the egg next year!

LBGE
    AL