Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Slow Cook on Small Egg

SnowdiggerSnowdigger Posts: 2
edited 2:28PM in EggHead Forum
Have and love my Large BGE. With only two of us 90% of the time the Small BGE sounds like a nice alternative. Can anyone tell me how many hours of burn you can get for a long and slow cook on the Small Egg?[p]SD

Comments

• Smokin' ToddSmokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Snowdigger,
    I have gotten 10 hrs out of the small doing a brisket flat.
    By the looks of the remaining lump Im sure I could of at least got 2 more.
    In terms of the max you can achieve hopefuly someone who experiemented specifically what you are asking for will jump in.
    But I will tell you the small in addition to your large you will not regret!
    ST

• tn slagamatertn slagamater Posts: 623
    Snowdigger,depending on the type of lump I usually get 12 to 15 hours on low temp cooks. I usually add some lump at 10 to 12 hours. The small uses very little charcoal. It is a GREAT cooker !!

• ChubbyChubby Posts: 2,939
    P10100832.jpg
    <p />Snowdigger,[p]I've gone as long as 13 hrs on a butt!![p]P10100842.jpg[p]Reguardless of it's size...It's a wonderful Cooker!![p]I probably use it 65 to 70 percent of the time... over the Large![p]Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Chubby,
    That baby looks good enough to eat, call when its ready, love you.