Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Late night deer

Options
Got hungry tonight, so cooked up some tenderloin off my first deer of the season a month ago. EVOO, Meat Church Holy Cow, and some Worcestershire sauce.  The Egg gives it great flavor over my old gasser.

LBGE

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Looks tasty! I thought you meant on the hoof like on our side yard, not on the plate!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • eggsurance_agent
    Options
    @RRP sorry about that! That's a beautiful pic. I dread seeing snow like that.
    LBGE
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    If cooking at real high temps, you may want to try some different oils with higher smoke temps.  Just a tip. 

Looks good though. I had some deer burgers tonight. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    @RRP sorry about that! That's a beautiful pic. I dread seeing snow like that.
    LOL - I hear you! Before that "wasting disease" hit our area I used to feed - NOT BAIT - deer in our side yard. It seems like even generations later they know to come to our yard looking for corn, but sadly we are doing our part and not feeding them anymore. BTW the most we ever had was 11 at the same time! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Great looking plate!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Jai-Bo
    Jai-Bo Posts: 584
    Options
    Looks like a winner!!!!  You wanna try something awesome...?  Take your deer and cube it into 1/2 inch cubes.  Cut a pack of bacon into 1/3's.  Get some Philly Cream cheese w/ jalapeno.  Wrap the cubes in the bacon w/ a dollop of cream cheese, then skewer em (about 6 to a skewer).  Throw em on the egg until done and you'll slap yourself!!! 
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!
  • TrailRunner
    Options
    Jai-Bo said:
    Looks like a winner!!!!  You wanna try something awesome...?  Take your deer and cube it into 1/2 inch cubes.  Cut a pack of bacon into 1/3's.  Get some Philly Cream cheese w/ jalapeno.  Wrap the cubes in the bacon w/ a dollop of cream cheese, then skewer em (about 6 to a skewer).  Throw em on the egg until done and you'll slap yourself!!! 
    @Jai-Bo what temp do you cook these at and how long or internal temp? That sounds great. 
  • Jai-Bo
    Jai-Bo Posts: 584
    Options
    Jai-Bo said:
    @Jai-Bo what temp do you cook these at and how long or internal temp? That sounds great. 
    Cook em until the bacon is cooked...I don't worry about an internal because once the bacon is done the meat is done.  You can do them direct or indirect.  I would suggest direct and just watch em.
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    RRP said:
    Looks tasty! I thought you meant on the hoof like on our side yard, not on the plate!

You got a spare bedroom?  Would love to hang out in your backyard, for multiple reasons.  Will sign a waiver, buy food to egg, booze.  You won't even know I'm there, until dark.  =)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Smoker317
    Options
    Focker said:
    RRP said:

You got a spare bedroom?  Would love to hang out in your backyard, for multiple reasons.  Will sign a waiver, buy food to egg, booze.  You won't even know I'm there, until dark.  =)
    LOL... so if going to 'harvest at dark' ya might as well grab a suppressed .22 while at it and RRP still won't know you are there.  ;)

Egghead since November 2014, XL-BGE & ET-732
    Smobot
    Living near Indy
    36" Blackstone
  • Focker
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Smoker317 said:
    Focker said:
    RRP said:

LOL... so if going to 'harvest at dark' ya might as well grab a suppressed .22 while at it and RRP still won't know you are there.  ;)

Oh no my friend, like Hank, no gun or light needed for white tail huntin' at night. 

Deer are strictly hunted during daylight hours. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7wKm6iNKbM
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• eggsurance_agent
    Options
    Well my thread just got kicked up a notch!!!!
    LBGE
  • Focker
    edited November 2015
    Options
    @eggsurance_agent,
    My apologies, had to clarify I wasn't willing to break the law. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• LRW
    LRW Posts: 198
    Options

deer.jpg 108.4K
    Volant, PA 1 LBGE ,Smokeware Cap, igrill2
    My Foodtography