Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whatever your thoughts on climate change, this is BS & would cost all of us.

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SmokyBear said:
    johnnyp said:
    Oh, is this the "evidence" that NASA was caught fabricating (by changing the "real" data)?

If you believe "evidence" from a politicized body over a highly politicized issue..well, there ain't much we can do to help you.

"Global Warming" / "Climate Change" / whatever they want to call it this week after the earth has been COOLING and "Global Warming" got laughed off the block due to some of the snowiest winters on record is a bunch of HOOEY.  It's simply a way for politicians to try to force MORE of their whims on us and do more wealth redistribution - all in the name of "climate change".  What a bunch of crap.

Go read Michael Cricton's excellent "State of Fear" novel for some real insight on this malarky.  He died only 4 years after writing it, at a pretty young age.  Hmmmm.

Now, back to the original subject - taxing our meat?  We'll vote EVERY. LAST. ONE. of them out of office if they even TRY doing that.

Don't mess with the meat.
    Scientists and cartographers thought the earth was flat at one time, until they came up with enough evidence that it was in fact round.  That's the current theory anyway.  Since their model changed as more data became available, does that mean scientists and cartographers are not to be trusted ever again?  Of course not.  You make educated decisions on the best data available.  This is what sane people do.  Emotionally charged political decisions are the load of crap.  We're talking about scientists in just about every country.  Not just your fantasy of crooked, liar, liberal scientists working for the gubberment. 
    Options
    I did read that book, BTW.
    NASA & NOAA caught red-handed FABRICATING data on "Global Warming"..

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2014/06/23/global-warming-fabricated-by-nasa-and-noaa/
    Mini BGE, KJ Classic - Black, Cookshack SM025, Weber Gasser (mostly for Kamado storage!)
  • SmokyBear
    Options
     We're talking about scientists in just about every country.  Not just your fantasy of crooked, liar, liberal scientists working for the gubberment. 
    There are an equal number of "scientists in just about every country" who think it's a load of bunk, also - and have the data to back up that view. 

Those aren't the guys who had to ALTER the "real" data to get the conclusion they wanted.  (Wait, that'd be NASA and NOAA).
    Mini BGE, KJ Classic - Black, Cookshack SM025, Weber Gasser (mostly for Kamado storage!)
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SmokyBear said:
    There are an equal number of "scientists in just about every country" who think it's a load of bunk, also - and have the data to back up that view. 

Oh really?  Please show your work.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    edited November 2015
    Options
    It is consistent with mountains of observation and data, both contemporary and historical. It is supported by sophisticated, refined global climate models that can successfully reproduce the climate’s behavior over the last century.
    Yeah.  Garbage in, garbage out.  These are the same models that can't successfully predict the weather next month or how many hurricanes in a hurricane season.  Yet they got the global climate figured out and it's man that screwing things up?  Your faith is amazing and unshakeable brother.
    I have to hand it to you Fred, just when I think you might have learned something, you post something like this.  

Weather and climate are two different things.  Start there.  Google can help.  If you're still confused, I have some drawings in crayon to show you.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I may need crayons, but you are in flawless lockstep.  Well done!

Flint, Michigan
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options

• gdenby
    Options

• gdenby
    Options
    gdenby said:

Third time is the charm?
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    SmokyBear said:
     We're talking about scientists in just about every country.  Not just your fantasy of crooked, liar, liberal scientists working for the gubberment. 

Those aren't the guys who had to ALTER the "real" data to get the conclusion they wanted.  (Wait, that'd be NASA and NOAA).
    Did you ever think, when you were younger, that you would be one of those conspiracy theory nuts or did you just start off that way?

There is no debate in the scientific community about the existence of climate change due to anthropomorphic influences.  PERIOD. 

So, nolaegghead..do you deny the factual evidence that NASA was caught red-handed altering the data?

• nolaegghead
    Options
    http://www.factcheck.org/2015/02/nothing-false-about-temperature-data/

/sigh

SmokyBear said:
    So, nolaegghead..do you deny the factual evidence that NASA was caught red-handed altering the data?

Fact check?  What do they know?  Facts are just lies told by libruls.  Derp da durp derp derp.
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited November 2015
    Options
    SmokyBear said:

Not that it'll make any difference to you, here's a quick, easy read.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/feb/13/dana-perino/fox-news-host-climate-scientists-fabricated-temper/

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• SmokyBear
    Options
    Why the "97% agree" fallacy is complete hooey..

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/global-warming-the-97-fallacy/15069#.VlYi5r-tjdU

I could refute this insanity all day long but quite frankly have a lot of better things to do..
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SmokyBear said:

I could refute this insanity all day long but quite frankly have a lot of better things to do..
    The idea that you do a lot of things better than this - that, that my friend - is the first credible thing you've posted all day.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Duh derrrp duuhhhh derr .... I get all my facts from Steve Goddard and "Real" Science.  How does I know it's real?  It's in the name, that's why.  Plus it comes up in Google searches, like everywhere so it must be legit. Duuhhhh derrrp
    Hey, if you want your utility bills to go up hundreds of percent, and want to double or even triple the price of your meat, just so that a few politicians are happy with the increased control they have over your lives, be my guest.

Just leave the rest of us alone while you enjoy being poorer or more miserable, K?
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    It makes me angry that people buy this junk science...it's not science at all.  While it's healthy to be sceptical, speaking this poisonous bullsh!t is just wrong for our future for generations to come.
    Options
    Can we go back to talking about RTIC coolers? 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SmokyBear said:
    Hey, if you want your utility bills to go up hundreds of percent, and want to double or even triple the price of your meat, just so that a few politicians are happy with the increased control they have over your lives, be my guest.
    Let me guess: you were on the debate team in kindergarten.
  • SmokyBear
    Options
    Just curious how many of you global warming advocates are going to give up Egging.

You know..you're emitting a ton of "carbon polluting" gasses by running your BGE.

Nah.  Didn't think so!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Fellows it's the holidays. Can y'all save all the liberal, bleeding heart, save the world and refugees nonsense for another day? Give it a few years and "science" will change its mind on global warming just like it does everything else. If you doubt this then Google "Things science got wrong". You can read for eons as science simply changes its view to fit the current trend or bandwagon. It's done this since its inception. Science is for people stupid enough to believe what they are told instead of what they actually see with their own eyes. Just a few years ago it was being said (by scientists) that a pending ice age was at hand. Now all of the ice is suddenly going to melt to hear it told. Make up your mind already you geniuses. It was hot in Dixie 50 years ago and it will be hot in Dixie 50 years from now. It's not global warming, it's a simple matter of geographical location. The only constant with science is that it changes its opinion or the so called "facts" as much as Hillary Clinton. That should be your first clue Einstein, Hillary believes in global warming. That alone should tell you that it's a scam.  

@nolaegghead How did I do at trolling above my friend ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited November 2015
    Options
    For the record I'm just messing with my long haired friend above. In reality I believe Hillary and that global warming is real ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Fact check?  What do they know?  Facts are just lies told by libruls.  Derp da durp derp derp.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    You could replace Facebook with Egghead Forum and this applies.

That being said, let's keep this going and hope that since tomorrow is a holiday, Wednesday will be the new Friday.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• SmokyBear
    Options
    ACN - BINGO!!  Well said.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    SmokyBear said:

Just leave the rest of us alone while you enjoy being poorer or more miserable, K?
    This is complete and utter nonsense.
    This is complete and utter nonsense.
    No, it's basic supply and demand.

Less coal plants = less energy output (aka "supply") while demand stays constant - or, more likely, increases.

Voila - WAY higher energy costs.  If you don't believe it, just wait.

BTW..when are you giving up Egging?  You know..it's "for the children and their future".  You're sure pumping out a lot of carbon pollution..that's bad..very, very bad.  Guess you're gonna have to stop Egging now..