Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whatever your thoughts on climate change, this is BS & would cost all of us.

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Fair & balanced, eh?  (A tweak for my liberal egghead friends.). I don't see an inconsistency.  Unproven problem: man made global warming.  Solution to fix said unproven problem: incredibly expensive to the point where many will lower their standard of living.

You liberal types claim to be compassionate where us conservatives are cold hearted bastids.  I believe this proves otherwise.  Pretty soon granny will have to eat cat food just to pay the electric bill.
    Proof - you keep using that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means.
    I think PROOF means it is PROVEN (repeated and consistently) that because of X happening, Y occurs.  When it comes to man made global warming, there is nothing like that.  Al Gore is a politician, not a scientist.
    Invoking Al Gore's name is meaningless. 

The scientific study has done, over and over, millions of times, exactly what you're blindly claiming is not proven.  You are delusional. 

Second, as if being good stewards of the planet isn't enough, being EFFICIENT (like how I copy your Owen Meany capitalization because it makes more truthiness?) is not an undue burden in the long haul.  Technology is our biggest growth sector and it's the driving mechanism to be EFFICIENT.
    Nola, WHERE are said studies?  If they existed, you liberal types would have rubbed our noses in it the moment they were published.  If they were done millions of times, it should be easy for you to find.  Don't bother with computer models because that's not proof.  Garbage in, garbage out.

Man made global warming is a religion in which faith is needed to believe.  Faith is not science.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Oh brother buffalo!  Where art thou?

Flint, Michigan
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    edited November 2015
    Options
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Oh brother buffalo!  Where art thou?

Agree^^^^^^. And standing by for his appearance. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Davec433
    Davec433 Posts: 463
    Options
    Political cartoons only offend if there's some truth to them!
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Proof - you keep using that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means.
    I think PROOF means it is PROVEN (repeated and consistently) that because of X happening, Y occurs.  When it comes to man made global warming, there is nothing like that.  Al Gore is a politician, not a scientist.
    You're confused Fred.  There is no “proof” in science — that is a property of mathematics. In science, what matters is the balance of evidence, and theories that can explain that evidence. Where possible, scientists make predictions and design experiments to confirm, modify, or contradict their theories, and must modify these theories as new information comes in.

In the case of anthropogenic global warming, there is a theory (first conceived over 100 years ago) based on well-established laws of physics. It is consistent with mountains of observation and data, both contemporary and historical. It is supported by sophisticated, refined global climate models that can successfully reproduce the climate’s behavior over the last century.

Given the lack of any extra planet Earths and a few really large time machines, it is simply impossible to do any better than this.

As for Al Gore, I don't know why you keep bringing him up, aside from the fact that he is fat.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • scottc454
    Options
    I'm not going to bother trying to convince anyone. Apparently, facts and evidence count for nothing.  
    However, to the deniers, what would it take to make you believe this concept? 
    When Miami is underwater, what will you say?  It's God punishing us?

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    My work is part of a multi faceted approach to reducing the impact of lower level ozone, or smog, typically seen around the major population areas. I develop materials environmentally "friendly" not environmentally "safe." 
    My job is a product of the clean air act of 1970. The work we have done, and actually improved the process with much more robust products, and higher performing application equipment has positively impacted the lower level Ozone situation. It has also impacted positively business in both productivity and profitability. 
    Based on my research, lower level ozone is a real problem. Theoretically, it may have some effect on global warming, a theory could connect the dots. However, I do know, no definitive research has been able to lock Ox as the root cause for the elevation of earth's atmosphere. Could it be a factor? Yes. Is it the soul cause? No.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    Fair & balanced, eh?  (A tweak for my liberal egghead friends.). I don't see an inconsistency.  Unproven problem: man made global warming.  Solution to fix said unproven problem: incredibly expensive to the point where many will lower their standard of living.

You liberal types claim to be compassionate where us conservatives are cold hearted bastids.  I believe this proves otherwise.  Pretty soon granny will have to eat cat food just to pay the electric bill.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    Options

Options
    Davec433 said:
    Come on dave, don't sell yourself short, don't be 'soundbite guy' that's just too easy and you're better than that.

I'm not offended, just disappointed in the lack of objective dialog and how quickly some people politicize this.  For anyone keeping score or putting people in boxes, I'm a registered Republican.  I just don't run around trying to politicize everything - isn't that what politicians are for?
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    edited November 2015
    Options
    It's a good thing we started the Apollo program in the 60's, because we'd never be able to do it today.  NASA would have been viewed as a giant liberal conspiracy to mostly take taxpayer money, and nobody would believe we'd landed on the moon, because the only thing government scientists can do is fudge data.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    I think I'll go start a fire to emit some green house gases. I may throw some water on there to produce water vapor, cause I'm an azzhole lie that. Then I'll COOK some FOOD over said emitter and eat it. Then later I'll release a cloud of approximately 7% methane from my butt bugle probably about 14 times. 

Ive learned a lot this week. Thanks @nolaegghead and @Sardonicus
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Legume said:
    Davec433 said:
    Come on dave, don't sell yourself short, don't be 'soundbite guy' that's just too easy and you're better than that.

I'm not offended, just disappointed in the lack of objective dialog and how quickly some people politicize this.  For anyone keeping score or putting people in boxes, I'm a registered Republican.  I just don't run around trying to politicize everything - isn't that what politicians are for?
    Wait....there's data for that too. 

edited November 2015
    Options
    Here's a question for y'all:  Are "Very Republican" leaning people better at science or are they just being political?  Because the data and scientists that understand this stuff aren't "very democrat".  And the level of acceptance with climate scientists, that anthropomorphic climate change is occurring, is even higher than the very democratic.  Also, do people's opinions here even mater - should we trust science or politics?
    Options
    Ok... Which one of you whiny warming believers flagged me?
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I'm just messing with you Tony.  I'll undo them later ;)
    Options
    Ovomit, algore,et al are morons to the nth degree!!
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Rascal said:
    Ovomit, algore,et al are morons to the nth degree!!
    That's the funniest thing I've seen all day!!!
    Options
    Thanks Nola... It was going to ruin my thanksgiving.... Leave them. A badge of trolldom 
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    No need to worry, folks. If chaotic climate change is anthopogenic, do nothing. The more coal that is burnt, the more ionizing radiation that is released, the more soil sterilizing chemicals used in agriculture, the more petrochemicals coating the sea bottoms, the fewer anthros there will be. Self limiting cycle. If its not anthropogenic, still do nothing. The more coal that is burnt, the more ionizing radiation that is released, the more soil sterilizing chemicals used in agriculture, the more petrochemicals coating the sea bottoms, the fewer anthros there will be. Self limiting cycle. And, the economy will be fine!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    henapple said:
    Brought to you by Forbes, an organization that cares a great deal about climate science, and not at all about billionaires.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Funny coming from a millionaire. 
  • SmokyBear
    SmokyBear Posts: 389
    edited November 2015
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Oh, is this the "evidence" that NASA was caught fabricating (by changing the "real" data)?

If you believe "evidence" from a politicized body over a highly politicized issue..well, there ain't much we can do to help you.

"Global Warming" / "Climate Change" / whatever they want to call it this week after the earth has been COOLING and "Global Warming" got laughed off the block due to some of the snowiest winters on record is a bunch of HOOEY.  It's simply a way for politicians to try to force MORE of their whims on us and do more wealth redistribution - all in the name of "climate change".  What a bunch of crap.

Go read Michael Cricton's excellent "State of Fear" novel for some real insight on this malarky.  He died only 4 years after writing it, at a pretty young age.  Hmmmm.

Now, back to the original subject - taxing our meat?  We'll vote EVERY. LAST. ONE. of them out of office if they even TRY doing that.

Don't mess with the meat.
    Mini BGE, KJ Classic - Black, Cookshack SM025, Weber Gasser (mostly for Kamado storage!)
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    It is consistent with mountains of observation and data, both contemporary and historical. It is supported by sophisticated, refined global climate models that can successfully reproduce the climate’s behavior over the last century.
    Yeah.  Garbage in, garbage out.  These are the same models that can't successfully predict the weather next month or how many hurricanes in a hurricane season.  Yet they got the global climate figured out and it's man that screwing things up?  Your faith is amazing and unshakeable brother.
    Flint, Michigan
  • SmokyBear
    Options
    From your friends at NASA..

"GLOBAL WARMING? NASA says Antarctic has been COOLING for past SIX years"
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/622043/GLOBAL-WARMING-NASA-Antarctic-COOLING-six-years-Arctic-north-pole-climate-change

In the last few weeks NASA has revealed the overall amount of ice has increased at the Antarctic and the amount of sea ice has also extended.

Hmmm....

Mini BGE, KJ Classic - Black, Cookshack SM025, Weber Gasser (mostly for Kamado storage!)