Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whats your favorite CC?

Options
1235»

Comments

• milesvdustin
    Options
    I carry a g26 and a g30 depending on attire. Im about to sell the 30 and get a 36, and probably a 43 too. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    @Mickey - It's the .380 round itself.  It's close to a 9mm, but not as strong.  The demand is not there because the buyers for such a product go to the 9mm.  Not much more on recoil, better stopping power & 9mm ammo is cheap.  Imo
    Flint, Michigan
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    @Mickey - It's the .380 round itself.  It's close to a 9mm, but not as strong.  The demand is not there because the buyers for such a product go to the 9mm.  Not much more on recoil, better stopping power & 9mm ammo is cheap.  Imo
    Still bet within 24 months you will see a near full size or compact size.380 from a major maker. Too many of us retired age and women not wanting much of any recoil. Yes I shoot my 9mm well, but still would like a .380 in the VP9 size. Maybe it's just me. Also they are making.380 ammo stronger everyday. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Still bet within 24 months you will see a near full size or compact size.380 from a major maker. Too many of us retired age and women not wanting much of any recoil. Yes I shoot my 9mm well, but still would like a .380 in the VP9 size. Maybe it's just me. Also they are making.380 ammo stronger everyday. 
    Perhaps I am wrong about the demand?  I would be interested to see one when its developed.  I still have my Kar-Tec .380 and it fits in my pocket beautifully, but I don't carry it because it's prone to misfeeds and bad ejections.  Your Sig is a great weapon.  If I had one, I would probably carry it in the summer.  
    Flint, Michigan
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Perhaps I am wrong about the demand?  I would be interested to see one when its developed.  I still have my Kar-Tec .380 and it fits in my pocket beautifully, but I don't carry it because it's prone to misfeeds and bad ejections.  Your Sig is a great weapon.  If I had one, I would probably carry it in the summer.  
    This Sig .380 is a really good side or back pocket CC. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    .380 Auto is also called "9x17", "9mm Kurtz", or "9mm Browning"

What most people "9mm" is actually "9mm Luger", "9x19", and a few others.

The .380 usually has a bullet 30gr smaller and a muzzle velocity 300fps less than the 9X19.  This usually makes it about 1/2 of the muzzle force of the 9x19.  It's amazing what difference 2mm and an extra pinch of powder can make.  Same holds true for when they shortened the 10mm Auto to make .40 S&W (aka 40 Short & Weak)