Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spatchcock Turkey/Mickeys Coffee Rub

Options
Simple question...When you spatchcock a turkey with Mickey's Coffee rub do you rub the turkey with anything else (i.e butter) or just the rub and put it on the egg?

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Just the rub and put on the a Egg. If time for overnight uncovered in fridge great, if not fine. I do it both ways all the time. I'm doing one for the church today and will not be overnighted (forgot to take out of the freezer soon enough). They feed Thanksgiving to travelers on both sides of I-35 tomorrow. I'm doing one of 33 birds. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• FaceDance
    Options
    @mickey Do you let it dry in the fridge overnight with or without rub?  If without, when do you put the rub on before it hits the egg?  Thanks!
    South Florida - Large BGE (DOB:  12/07/2013)
  • Mickey
    Options
    FaceDance said:
    @mickey Do you let it dry in the fridge overnight with or without rub?  If without, when do you put the rub on before it hits the egg?  Thanks!
    I put the rub on while the fire is getting ready. About 10+ mins. I use a weed burner and doesn't take long. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• FaceDance
    Options
    Thanks @Mickey
    South Florida - Large BGE (DOB:  12/07/2013)
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Mickey, you're gonna have to publish your phone number like Max. :rofl: 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Mickey
    Options
    Mickey, you're gonna have to publish your phone number like Max. :rofl: 
    I did the last couple of years. BUT my iPhone got washed Saturday night with the sheets. Found it Sunday morning when loading dryer. All knowledge says "do not turn on", how the hell can you do that. Turned on and nothing. I was charged so I hooked it up to the charger and it came on, I could call from it, get and recive text. So I unplugged it and now 4 days of zero. Have been leaving in a rice pac. Will give it a couple more days. VI suggested a place to put it, I think not. 
    Short story is I can't this year. 

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I suspect Gary is right. =) Too much water for too long. Hey, it's only money, right? 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Mickey
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I suspect Gary is right. =) Too much water for too long. Hey, it's only money, right? 
    It's a Large Demo Egg at almost any Fest