Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Maple Chopping Block

Options
I always hate posting things that I like and think are a deal on this forum because someone always ups me by 50%...lol
So I normally post a question first and then buy.
There is some knowledge on this forum...

But here goes. Been looking for a nice chopping block for several months. Really wanted a nice selection of wood tones and also wanted end grain if I could justify the price. After many pages of reviews on many brands I bought this board from Amazon. Made by Michigan Maple Block. Less than $100 shipped to my door. It is a beautiful board and very well made. I did light sand with some 600 grit paper to finish it off a little. At 20"x15"x3 1/2" it's not a light weight board but with a little care it will outlast me and the next user. Had my mind set on a Boos but some of the recent reviews are less than stellar on anything but their top end boards.
All the reviews and tips said to buy a nice thick board if you can afford it. It will pay in the long run.
As with anything, time will tell but at this point I'm very happy with this board.
Thanks for looking.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009OWEE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments