Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone watch John Oliver's Last Week Tonight?

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    Yes. But...c'mon man...it's only Monday! :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    58a.jpg 130.6K
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    edited November 2015
    Love LWT.  Never miss it.

You should watch his church segment, "Our Lady of Perpetual Exemption"
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    His ratings are plummeting.... 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    henapple said:
    I think you are thinking of the guy who replaced Letterman, Stephen Colbert.

John Oliver is on HBO.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited November 2015
    Never miss Oliver, fantastic at what he does.

The penny is gone here in the GWN, do not miss it at all. Can't see why the US hangs onto it, but then our best loved cousin still tells temperature in Fº, uses cups and ounces (hard to tell if that means volume or weight), gas sold by the gallon rather than a liter and inches, feet yards and miles. Guess it would cost a lot to change all those route signs....
    Amazing that the most generous country on the planet built by accepting almost anybody has signed up for <10,000 Syrians running for their lives.....too bad Syria did not have oil like Saudi. I bet the US would take a million refugees if Haliburton was awarded the contract to build the transport boats and temporary housing.
    Truth is each country must do only what it is comfortable with and if <10,000 in a country of 330,000,000 is the choice, it must be respected.  
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Never miss Oliver, fantastic at what he does.

The penny is gone here in the GWN, do not miss it at all. Can't see why the US hangs onto it, but then our best loved cousin still tells temperature in Fº, uses cups and ounces (hard to tell if that means volume or weight), gas sold by the gallon rather than a liter and inches, feet yards and miles. Guess it would cost a lot to change all those route signs....

The fahrenheit scale rules. 0 is cold. 100 is hot.  The metric system isn't human friendly in many areas unless you don't have access to a calculator.  For sockets, though,  I love it.
    The penny sucks. The paper dollar sucks. This is the thing about the US I don't like.  Nobody here ever considers what works in other countries.  

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Umm...ok
    If they ditch the penny will everything be priced to cost X.98? Then I have to pay X+1 and they don't have to give me the 2 cents in change?

Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • nolaegghead
    blind99 said:
    If they ditch the penny will everything be priced to cost X.98? Then I have to pay X+1 and they don't have to give me the 2 cents in change?

That assumption has an obvious flaw: Everything costs a dollar on average.  In reality, cash transactions are more dynamic than that.
    henapple said:
    @henapple - wishful thinking is sooo cute!  You cute little man!!!! Sadly, it works about as well as prayer.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/john-olivers-talk-show-ratings-735187

blind99 said:

That assumption has an obvious flaw: Everything costs a dollar on average.  In reality, cash transactions are more dynamic than that.

Damn!  Well, that's the last time I ask for your two cents :)

hah!  man the humor gets bad this time of night...
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    henapple said:
    @henapple - wishful thinking is sooo cute!  You cute little man!!!! Sadly, it works about as well as prayer.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/john-olivers-talk-show-ratings-735187

My bad... I meant the other liberal, America hating f&cktard  colbert 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    @henapple - yep.  His ratings are taking a beating by Kimmel.  All the American-hating repubtards are bailing on his leftist show.