Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First brisket done

Options
finished my first brisket yesterday.  15lb CAB packer from restaurant depot.  It ran for 20 hrs at 225.  I think it was probably about 30 minutes from being perfect, but I had a crowd to feed.  Still a heck of a cook and I'll definitely be doing it again.

Comments

• MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Looks great.  I would rather have brisket for Thanksgiving than a bird but I am in the minority.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Great cook right there, nailed it.  You obviously learned from the Master.  Love a brisket cook.  
    @MotownVol - fire one up for consumption the Sunday after Thanksgiving.  Great way to move beyond the turkey left-overs.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GoVols
    GoVols Posts: 216
    Options
    I will take a plate too !
    Tim Rickman,Tn.
  • Jcacavias
    Options
    @MotownVol - I totally agree.  I'd take brisket any day of the week over turkey.

@Lousubcap - Thanks!  Appreciate the tips.  I feel like one part of the flat was still a little bit tough, but overall I feel good about it.  The point was incredible.  I could eat that for days.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Nice! 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Brisket is a wonderful cook. Your brisket was superior. The point on those I have done are very delicious. We life the leftovers, and with the point, we love making burritos and doing burnt ends. There is nothing more delicious than burnt ends off a well cooked and smoked packer. In my house the flat starts to vanish as I slice it.
    Great Job on the cook, looks awesome!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Wow, that looks so good. Love the sliced shot.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    The Brisket Gods are smiling down in approval from above my friend. Awesome job. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.