Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pink Butcher Paper on sale.

Options

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:
    johnnyp said:
    For those of you with the cutter, where do you store it? I would love to buy one, but where the heck am I going to put it?
    You know that's the biggest problem with just about everything that we buy. Where the heck to put it. 
    I'ts really not much bigger than the paper itself but I do buy the larger rolls. If you can fit the paper, you can fit the cutter.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
     If you can fit the paper, you can fit the cutter.
    This is certainly true my friend. However I think that the problem is that some have wives who frown upon things sitting out on the counter. This is a problem that I solve by simply raising the big hand ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:
     If you can fit the paper, you can fit the cutter.
    This is certainly true my friend. However I think that the problem is that some have wives who frown upon things sitting out on the counter. This is a problem that I solve by simply raising the big hand ;)
    ha. We fixed that by building an appliance closet in to our kitchen redo so nothing sits out unless we want it to. That was her idea and it is a huge score. The only problem with having an appliance closet is you have to fill it up :)

• SGH
    Options
     We fixed that by building an appliance closet in to our kitchen redo so nothing sits out unless we want it to. 

That's actually a great idea. Out of sight out of mind if you will. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

FYI - just got that 1000' roll of pink 40lb ordered.  My net price to phoenix was $77

Cheryl told me they've had quite a run on the stuff thanks to Aaron Franklin.  She knew who he was, and all about his tv show and book.  She confirmed this is what he is using.

here's the information again in case anyone is looking for it:

A single roll of the 24” x 1000’ butcher paper is 47.40.  The estimated freight to PhoenixAZ is 26.18.  I can have that shipped out today via Fedex 3-day ground.  If you would like to get that order finalized, please call me at 512-837-5887.

Thank you,

Cheryl

Phoenix 
  • SGH
    Options
    @blasting
    I just called, Cheryl is out of the office for the rest of the day and she is the one who handles out of state orders. However she will be back in the morning at 8:00am CST. I will call at 8:01am and order. Thanks for sharing the info. That's a much better deal. 

Status- Standing by.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    blasting said:

FYI - just got that 1000' roll of pink 40lb ordered.  My net price to phoenix was $77

Cheryl told me they've had quite a run on the stuff thanks to Aaron Franklin.  She knew who he was, and all about his tv show and book.  She confirmed this is what he is using.

here's the information again in case anyone is looking for it:

A single roll of the 24” x 1000’ butcher paper is 47.40.  The estimated freight to PhoenixAZ is 26.18.  I can have that shipped out today via Fedex 3-day ground.  If you would like to get that order finalized, please call me at 512-837-5887.

Thank you,

Cheryl

That is the stuff. I bought my cutter from her too. I think I paid like $35 for the paper but I can go pick it up and I have a tax ID#

I could be wrong but it was somwhere in there

I do use the 18 though so that would explain the price difference. I think Aaron uses 24 for plates and 18 to wrap but I could be wrong on that

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Ordered.  Also ordered the roller/cutter -- highly discounted as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004MDLZK0?dpID=21oMW5nMKwL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_SL500_SR160,160_&refRID=NDQJGXPNDB0M1D25J7PK&ref_=pd_lutyp_cxhsh_1_1

Just upped my game.  @SGH knows that all you gotta do is throw some money at it and watch it get better!  That's how we liberals roll!  =)

Thanks for the tip!

Stop posting cool ****.  Just when I was happy you post this!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • SGH
    Options
    The Cen-Tex Smoker said:
    That is the stuff. I bought my cutter from her too. I think I paid like $35 for the paper but I can go pick it up and I have a tax ID#

I do use the 18 though so that would explain the price difference. I think Aaron uses 24 for plates and 18 to wrap but I could be wrong on that

The lady I spoke to today said 37.50 for a 24"x1000' foot roll. That's a great deal. 

Status- Standing by.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    I don't use pink.  I use 40# white. $27 for 1200'.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • SGH
    Options
    I don't use pink.  
    The dye used in the pink paper is part of Aaron's secret ;)

Status- Standing by.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:
    The Cen-Tex Smoker said:

The lady I spoke to today said 37.50 for a 24"x1000' foot roll. That's a great deal. 
    just so you guys know- this place has everything you could ever want. They have all kinds of containers, paper, plates and cups. It's a huge place and they have a huge catalog for foodservice type operations. ask them to send a catalog with your paper. It will keep you busy for while.

• blasting
    Options
    The Cen-Tex Smoker said:  just so you guys know- this place has everything you could ever want.  It will keep you busy for while.

I don't need anything else!  NOTHING!  Ok, maybe a meat slicer but that's it.  Just a meat slicer and I'm good.  Nothing else.  Ok, maybe a 10 tray dehydrator, but that's it.  A meat slicer and a 10 tray dehydrator, and that ALL!  Nothing else.  Well, maybe a a reverse flow offset.  That will be it then.  A meat slicer, a ten tray dehydrator, and a reverse flow offset, then that's it for sure.  Nothing else, that's all I need...

Phoenix 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    blasting said:
    The Cen-Tex Smoker said:  just so you guys know- this place has everything you could ever want.  It will keep you busy for while.

I don't need anything else!  NOTHING!  Ok, maybe a meat slicer but that's it.  Just a meat slicer and I'm good.  Nothing else.  Ok, maybe a 10 tray dehydrator, but that's it.  A meat slicer and a 10 tray dehydrator, and that ALL!  Nothing else.  Well, maybe a a reverse flow offset.  That will be it then.  A meat slicer, a ten tray dehydrator, and a reverse flow offset, then that's it for sure.  Nothing else, that's all I need...

Welcome to my nightmare
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    blasting said:

And this thermos...
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    blasting said:

And this thermos...
    And that lamp...and this paddleball game. And THAT's. It!
  • SGH
    Options
    Mine just came. 3 new rolls. Time to get to cooking!!

Status- Standing by.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    @SGH what's the diameter of that 18" roll? I am wondering if it'll fit in an aluminum foil box/dispenser. I'm almost out of foil and was thinking I could reload with paper. Thanks in advance for your help. 
  • SGH
    edited November 2015
    Options
    @SGH what's the diameter of that 18" roll? I am wondering if it'll fit in an aluminum foil box/dispenser. I'm almost out of foil and was thinking I could reload with paper. Thanks in advance for your help. 
    @DoubleEgger
     The outside diameter of the tube measures 3 5/16.

The roll measures 2 15/16.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @DoubleEgger
    Was the above what you were looking for? If not, I will try again.

Status- Standing by.

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    blasting said:

And this thermos...
    And that lamp...and this paddleball game. And THAT's. It!

Best movie ever.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    SGH said:
    @DoubleEgger
    Was the above what you were looking for? If not, I will try again.
    Perfect. Thanks Scottie! @SGH
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    @SGH Thanks Scottie mine just arrived, can I wrap the turkey in it?  =)

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    Is that going to work in your container? My 18" is far from being used up, but my 24" is winding down. 
    Would love to see your results/ set up. 
    Great idea!! 
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • SGH
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    You can wrap anything in butcher paper, including a turd. However it doesn't necessarily mean that it will turn out good ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    SGH said:
    JRWhitee said:
    You can wrap anything in butcher paper, including a turd. However it doesn't necessarily mean that it will turn out good ;)

I guess I need to rethink my plan for Thanksgiving dinner.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    Durangler said:
    Is that going to work in your container? My 18" is far from being used up, but my 24" is winding down. 
    Would love to see your results/ set up. 
    Great idea!! 
    I don't know yet. Some of us have to work today...  :s
  • SGH
    Options
    Some of us have to work today...  :s
    I hear ya brother. I dodged a huge bullet myself. Had we not finished up I would have been working today and tomorrow. I'm so thankful to be home. 

Foghorn said:

I guess I need to rethink my plan for Thanksgiving dinner.
    Brother Horn, I'm forced to ask, are you wrapping the turkey or the turd ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    Why would you wrap a turkey?  That's crazy talk. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• blasting
    Options
    SGH said:
    Mine just came. 3 new rolls. Time to get to cooking!!

And you're still going to order that 1000' roll?  Wow, you must in some serious volume.

I'm seeing the lawyer this week to spell out how my new 1000' roll will work it's way down through future generations.

Phoenix