Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Rib rack with 3/1/1?

Topo GigioTopo Gigio Posts: 98
edited 8:32PM in EggHead Forum
I like using a rib rack for my ribs. Never tired 3/1/1 (or variation). How would I do the foil stage with a rib rack? If I have to remove the slabs, do I wrap each individually or all together in one packet?[p]

Comments

• GrillMeisterGrillMeister Posts: 1,611
    Topo Gigio,[p]I remove them and wrap each rack individually in heavy duty foil then I lay them back on the grid without the rack meat side down.
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Topo Gigio,[p]Wrap each rack, meat down, in it's own wrapper. You can move them into a preheated oven for this stage of the cook.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • PCO3PCO3 Posts: 50
    Topo Gigio,[p]I actually use the 3/2 method. I grill at 225 for 3 hours and then slather in my favorite BBQ sauce and place in tin foil and cook another 2 hours. Comes out the way I like them at least. They will fall off the bone but still firm. I am using Sam's Club baby back ribs which are Flintones huge though.