Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Accesssory - Turbo Stream

Options
Just gave this thing a test drive today with some Baby Backs. I am sold this is an awesome design not only for indirect now with more cooking space since it sets on the fire ring vs the top. Also love the idea it will double as a divider for the fire box and als indirect for half. Very versatile and will be purchasing the raised charcoal box next. If you get a chance check out their website. Please note I'm not affiliated at all with them just stumbled across it at a BBQ shop in Charlotte and thing it's a very innovative product worth mentioning here ing a

Comments

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Seems pretty thin. I wonder how it'll hold up. If it turns out to be the next best thing since sliced bread, I'm sure the forum will be posting nonstop about it like the rest of the got to have gadgets. I'll wait for the die hard EggHeads to give thier reviews.  
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I really like the concept but man the price on that is steep!  I am wondering if I could find a blade for a table saw and do the same thing :)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Looks like something I need for my UDS
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Ljpick
    Ljpick Posts: 38
    Options
    Yes could be a lttle pricey but considering I've broke two place setters and  its multipurpose along with doubling cook space in my opinion it's worth it and to the other question above its very solid and not thin at all. Final advantage on my initial cook is that there were no hot spots like I get on the open edges of place setter. 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    Seems pretty thin. I wonder how it'll hold up. If it turns out to be the next best thing since sliced bread, I'm sure the forum will be posting nonstop about it like the rest of the got to have gadgets. I'll wait for the die hard EggHeads to give thier reviews.  
    Met the owner of the company at the Georgia Mnt Eggfest. Poduct is made from high quality stainless. It's better built than it looks. The modular design is very well done.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    How much lump can you use in conjunction with the device? I'm of the mind that if the device or gadget is a winner, it will sell. After all, we are cooking on eggs. I'll be watching. 
  • donbga
    Options
    Like what is the link to their web site?

• donbga
    Options
    WWW.turbostream.net
  • donbga
    Options
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    Looks pretty cool
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    Looks like this could be an easily installable/removeable indirect piece. You could do a reverse sear, drop this in with just an ash tool and  finish up.   I want to justify this even tho I have enough AR , spyder , 13" CI and stones to do most anything. Lol
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Oh crap!  It's not made by or endorsed by BGE?  This thread is doomed. 
    FWIW looks like a cool concept. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    swordsmn said:
    Looks like this could be an easily installable/removeable indirect piece. You could do a reverse sear, drop this in with just an ash tool and  finish up.   I want to justify this even tho I have enough AR , spyder , 13" CI and stones to do most anything. Lol
    With your current AR set up it would be tough to justify as mush as I liked the Turbo Stream. Ha Ha
    That's why I did not buy one. But I am tempted to get one for my XL.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Ljpick
    Ljpick Posts: 38
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    swordsmn said:
    With your current AR set up it would be tough to justify as mush as I liked the Turbo Stream. Ha Ha
    That's why I did not buy one. But I am tempted to get one for my XL.
    I think it would be great for the XL especially the Elevated Charcaol Basket for smaller quicker cooks. 
  • donbga
    Options
    Well she who must be obeyed just vetoed the turbostream until this summer.
    The ability to save a whole lot of charcoal makes sense though for a two person household.

I was thinking about buying a Portable Kitchen to do small short cooks but this gizmo eliminates that need now and is less expensive.