Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RTIC 20

Options

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,753
    Options
    are you saying a rogue dealer or distributor wont be selling eggs this spring at sams or cosco with no warranty again =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    are you saying a rogue dealer or distributor wont be selling eggs this spring at sams or cosco with no warranty again =)
    You and I both know it will probably happen again...as it has several times over the last few years Leaving buyers S.O.L. for any warranty claims.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    You and I both know it will probably happen again...as it has several times over the last few years Leaving buyers S.O.L. for any warranty claims.
    It probably will :)
    http://www.samsclub.com/sams/med-green-egg/prod14020825.ip?xid=shocking-values_product_almost-over

It is not even a good price. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Hairless_Hand
    Options
    Paid for my RTIC 20 on 8/19. Checked the website yesterday and my ship date was January 1. Just got an email notifying me that my cooler will ship soon. Finally!
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Paid for my RTIC 20 on 8/19. Checked the website yesterday and my ship date was January 1. Just got an email notifying me that my cooler will ship soon. Finally!

White or Tan?

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    I received a payment confirmation, August 18 for a tan 45. Received an email October 1, stating shipments have begun & expect delivery in 60 to 90 days. 
    Checked my order status a few weeks ago. Status was to ship on or before December 13. Checked status today & its expected to ship on or before December 31, 2015. 
    So I don't expect it before February 2016. I'd say March at the soonest, if lucky.,..
    Quite pathetic indeed.
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    Lit said:
    cazzy said:

rtic copied yeti copied engal. if you dont want a rtic cooler because they stole some designs then you dont want a yeti either. all yeti changed was the latches and took out the beam in the engal cover that makes engal the better cooler out of the three. engal, first rotomolded cooler, the best rotomolded cooler. engals were built for serious use off shore, yeti was built for folks with deep pockets and no boat =)  rtic was built for the rest of us
    Engel Cooler DeepBlue 65

Well, using @Lit 's logic, Engel will own Yeti and RTIC so it really doesn't matter.
    Yeti and engel are not exact copies of each other. Rtic copied yeti on every aspect and didn't even try to hide it. 
    You nailed. Many differences in that engel....not even close.   In addition to blatantly copying the YETI, rtic does nothing more than compare itself to the original.  Doesn't make it a bad cooler but to say they didn't just copy is crazy.  
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    Just received an email this afternoon saying the my White 65 will ship in 2 weeks. 

Should I expect another email tomorrow that says it won't actually ship until January? :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    Did they say when the 2 weeks will start?
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • scmoose
    scmoose Posts: 164
    Options
    Why even speculate when the coolers are going to ship if your just going to change the date, not to mention not telling people, you have to go check for yourself on the website.  Also, stop blaming the increase in demand, that has squat to do with orders and payments that have already been made. 
  • BIll-W221
    Options
    @scmoose you're missing the point, they are so busy accepting money that they don't have time to manufacture coolers, DUH !!!

LOL
  • scmoose
    scmoose Posts: 164
    Options
  • BIll-W221
    Options

Photo Egg said:

Look at the US car companies for knock offs...they are the biggest design thief's.lol
    It goes way back...Camero, TransAm, Firebird

Sorry but those were all made by the same company so not really a strong argument.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    So Cherolet and Pontiac were one company?  News to me.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • BIll-W221
    Options
    Never heard of General Motors ?
  • BIll-W221
    Options
    But I should have been clearer, my apologies. Being part of the same corporation they didn't need to steal or copy anything. Same with Ford vs Lincoln Mercury.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Yup
  • bgebrent
    Options
    How bout Mercedes Benz and Hyundai or Kia, maybe better?
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Zactly why I got the RTIC and love it!  Agree!
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    This is like the MM saga a last year. Ordered and waited almost 11 months.
    At least you prepaid so they could invest your $ and receive dividends before you even got your cooler. Sweet! :lol: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Maybe they have to make boxes to ship them in. Ya that's the holdup. :rofl: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options

yeti copied engal.

all yeti changed was the latches and took out the beam in the engal cover

engal, first rotomolded cooler, the best rotomolded cooler. engals were built for serious use off shore,

yeti was built for folks with deep pockets and no boat =)  

All great points above brother fishless. Allow me if I may, to farther expand on the above quoted. Yeti copied (I won't say stole) a original idea, first with rotomolded coolers and then with vacume insulated cups. Yet some misinformed people (Yetitards) actually think that RTIC is somehow stealing from Yeti. If you do a little research and trace it back, Yeti is undeniably the original copy cat (I won't say thief). I hope all the other manufactures ultimately put Yeti out of business for their unethical, sue happy, cry baby tactics. Just because Yeti borrowed (I won't say stole) it first, they want to cry when someone else gets in on the game. Have you ever noticed when someone robs a bank that they really believe that the money they took is now theirs? This is the same thing that Yeti has done. The "hey we copied it first" (again I won't say stole) so it must be ours mentality. Rotomolding was invented by parts manufactures, not Yeti. Yeti copied the idea. Vacume insulation was no where in the realm of Yetis idea. Again, they copied it. Coolers were certainly not Yetis idea. Yet again they copied the idea. Everything that Yeti has ever done is based on someone else's idea and product. Plain and simple. The King of Copying is just crying because they are finally getting a dose of their own medicine. Every concept that went into Yeti coolers was taken from a original idea and product. Here are just a few of them, there are literally hundreds, nay I say thousands more. If you are one of the Yetitards that believes Yeti really created all things cooler related, then read the following very carefully. Or even better, get someone with some sense to read it and explain it to you. Most Yetitards have trouble comprehending the truth. Well here comes a lot of undeniable truths my friends:

1. The cooler/portable ice chest is credited to being invented by Richard C. Laramy. Not Yeti nor anyone with even remotely associated with Yeti.

2. Original patent issued on a cooler/portable ice chest was granted to Richard C. Laramy from Joliet, Illinois on 12-22-1951. Again, not Yeti.

3. In 1957 The Coleman Company introduced the first all plastic cooler. Again, not Yeti.

4. The first condensation polymer, polyester was produced by Jons Berzelius in 1847. Again, long before Yeti even existed.

5. Alexander Parkes created the first made-made plastic in 1861. Again, not Yeti.

6. John and Wesley Hyatt (brothers) patented the first injection moulding  machine in 1872. Again, not Yeti.

7. Arthur Eichengrun developed the first injection molding press in 1919. He also patented the molding of plasticized cellulose acetate. Again, not Yeti.

8. Polyethylene was first synthessized by Hans von Pechmann in 1898. Again, not Yeti.

9. Vacume flasks/ cups was invented by Sir James Dewar in 1892. My God people, was Yeti actually first at anything? 

10. Drinking cups were invented before recorded history. They can be traced back to the cavemen days. Yet some fools (Yetitards) believe that Yeti actually invented them. Go figure.

11. Leon Guillet is credited with first creating the alloy that we call today stainless steel. Again, not Yeti. Anyone seeing a trend here? 

12. Otto Bayer made the first polyurethane in 1937. Again people, not Yeti. 

13. Their own name "Yeti". They didn't even invent this name. It is a rip off from the mythical creature said to inhabit the Himalayan region of Nepal, Bhutan and Tibet. Aka: The Abominable Snowman. Do I even need to say it?

14. Here is one that everyone should love as there is something that should really jump out at you: The "Engel Process" was developed in the 1960's. The "Engel Process" allows for large hollow containers (coolers & cases) to be created in low-density polyethylene. Sounds to me that if anyone got "robbed" or copied it was Engel. Yet again, not Yeti. 

If you missed it above, let me point it out to you. Engel is a brand name of rotomolded coolers as well. The name of the coolers is derived from the very process from which they are made from "The Engel Process", not the Yeti Process. From this alone we can see that Yeti is certainly not the creator of anything or it would be called the Yeti process, which it clearly is not. Yeti is a direct copy of the process, the raw material, the idea, the product, the invention and the patent. Yeti was not the first at anything. At best you could argue that they were around 20th at only one of the above. And that's actually giving them far more credit than they really deserve. So when they say that someone is stealing or copying their idea, a little research into history and the facts clearly prove that they are wrong. All the things I listed above are absolute fact. Anyone can look them up for themselves and I actually encourage you to do so. This is where Yeti gets you though, they figure that if you are stupid enough to pay the outrageous price for their products, then chances are that you are also stupid enough to just take their word when they say that they created all of the above and everyone is stealing from them. I understand brand loyalty, I really do. But brand loyalty and ingnorance of the facts are two different things all together. Read the facts above and decide for yourself if RTIC is really copying Yeti or is RTIC copying what Yeti has already copied themselves from hundreds of other inventors. And did RTIC really copy Yeti? I think not. Copy means to duplicate. RTIC did not duplicate Yeti. From what I see the lids and bottoms are much thicker than Yetis. The walls are even thicker. This is not duplicating or copying. This is improving over a obsolete design. At the end of the day, no matter how big of a fool Yeti has made out of you already, you can't be foolish enough to really believe that Yeti really invented any of the following:
    cups (of any kind)
    coolers (of any kind)
    rotomolded coolers
    rotational and injection molding 
    polyethylene powder
    polypropylene powder 
    polyurethane foam
    stainless steel
    vacume insulation method
    vacume process

Most of the things on the list above has existed for at least a half century before Yeti, some of them for well over a century longer. So how in the heck can anyone really be copying Yeti? Get real people. So the next time you hear some idiot (Yetitard) touting that Yeti was first at anything, simply direct them to list above. Clearly they were the first at nothing except suckering gullible people out of their money. Their very name is not even original. They took it from a poor ole snowman who can't even defend himself. Kind of sad when you really think about it. 
    For the record I'm bored and just trolling. Just poking at the Yeti fanboys because like liberals, they are such easy targets just waiting to be had. However the list I made above (1-14) is 100% accurate. I posted it to dispel the myth that Yeti created anything even remotely related to coolers because in fact, they created nothing. They copied everything from coolers to cups. Even their name is a copy. I challenge anyone to prove any of it wrong. Hey before I sign off I know that most of you are aware that I have been working on a theme song for RTIC, I have previously posted the first 3 verses. Would y'all care to hear verse 4? I have it complete if anyone would like to hear it just let me know:o

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Wanted a cooler....walked into Sam's Club...grabbed a Pelican 45....paid...walked out. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • bgebrent
    Options
    @SGH, that's too vague, lacking detail  ;)
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,835
    Options
    Wanted a cooler....walked into Sam's Club...grabbed a Pelican 45....paid...walked out. 
    What is this magic?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Yeti might lower their prices, because it's clear they are grossly marked up.  
    They have started lowering prices already. However they tweaked the design a little. Not to worry my friends, they say that it's same quality, just a little  different in appearance. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,835
    Options
    So, Yeti only invented boat coolers?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    SGH said:
    cazzy said:
    Yeti might lower their prices, because it's clear they are grossly marked up.  
    They have started lowering prices already. However they tweaked the design a little. Not to worry my friends, they say that it's same quality, just a little  different in appearance. 

Crap all Rtics coolers just got delayed again while they scramble to copy Yetis new design.