Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork loin

Options
Chuck
Chuck Posts: 812
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I posted earlier for a pork tenderloin recipe. KennyG and TimM pointed out that I do not have a tenderloin but a loin roast and
I thank you for your help gentlemen. Can I get more info on this cut?
Is it a dry cut? Is it a good propect for smoking low and slow? Should I mariate it overnight?
Sorry to be such a bother but I do appreciate the help.
Thanks.

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Chuck,[p]There are several recipes for pork loin here on the forum. The loin is very very lean and does not do well with low and slow, higher temps are better. You can add a smokey taste to it pretty easily -- like all pork. I think you will do best by cooking indirect and at 350 deg. You can add wood chunks at 350 and get a nice smoke ring.[p]Tim
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Chuck:[p]Try this pork loin recipe in the recipe section. I would make a couple of changes: Marinate for four or five days in the refrigerator - no less. I would grill it at 375º dome to an internal temperature of 145º to 150º then place in a pan and cover with foil and insulate with a towel for about five minutes prior to serving.
    [ul][li]Santa Fe Cured Pork Loin[/ul]
  • KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Tim M,[p]Ya rascal, don't be so closed minded hehehe. Although I would agree with you for the most part, I've had very good luck low and slow smoking pork loin when cut into thick chops which have spent 8 to 12 hours in any kind of creative marinade. Always oozing with juices off the Egg.
    We tend to prefer chops this way versus the whole roast at higher temps. JMHO[p]K~G

• SamIam
    SamIam Posts: 20
    Options
    Chuck,
    I did this just last weekend. I brined in 1 cup of salt and 1/2 cup of sugar per gallon of water for 16 hours then used a dry rub. Cut that thing in half,laid side by side on foil covered roasting pan with a little beer in the bottom. Cooked at 350 until internal temp reaches 150 took it off the EGG and cover with foil to rest. Without a doubt the best I`ve ever had.