Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Pig - You've Got Mail

My Dizzy Pig order came in the mail rather quickly! Looking forward to using some of this stuff this weekend.. What's your favorite?

Large BGE
36" BlackStone
Backwoods G2 Party
Yard full of other stuff to cook on

RVA -> Chesapeake Va
Professional Drinker & Home Cook

Comments

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Make sure you get some Pineapple Head next time you reorder......got plenty to keep you busy for a while though.
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Man, I love this stuff. there's a lot of good products on the market, and I like a lot of them, but dizzy pig is my favorite.  

Dizzy dust is my favorite on any BBQ meats.  

And I dig raging river and Jamaican firewalk on chicken and pork chops 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Ghost is a new fave.
  • Can't wait to give them a try! Debating what all I want to cook this weekend
    Large BGE
    36" BlackStone
    Backwoods G2 Party

RVA -> Chesapeake Va
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Thanks much for your order! Looks like a pretty good starting collection. My favorite depends on what's cookin', but Raging River is my desert island choice. Have fun with the flavors, and since you are in Northern Virginia I hope to see you out at our store in Manassas. Enjoy! Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • I will certainly make it out there.. I'm in sterling so not too terribly far out @Nature Boy .. I look forward to coming to some events as well
    Large BGE
    36" BlackStone
    Backwoods G2 Party

RVA -> Chesapeake Va
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Thanks much for your order! Looks like a pretty good starting collection. My favorite depends on what's cookin', but Raging River is my desert island choice. Have fun with the flavors, and since you are in Northern Virginia I hope to see you out at our store in Manassas. Enjoy! Chris
    That is so funny, Chris! Raging River is also my most frequently used of all of them! Wonderful on pork, chicken and fish! Right behind is Cow Lick and Dizzy Dust Coarse grind. Of course I can't live without Swamp Venom on hand, but honestly Raging River would be my desert island choice as well! VIVA Dizzy Pig! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    IPA
    Did some IPA wings over the weekend, good stuff although I found it pretty mild, will go heavier next time.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Make sure you get some Pineapple Head next time you reorder......got plenty to keep you busy for a while though.
    This plus Tsunami Spin.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    How much did that total package cost? Do they offer any bundle discounts?
  • It breaks down to roughly $10 each.. Which is definitely a little pricey.. But in comparison to "organic" or fresh spices of the same size they are almost on par (still a tad high) @slovelad
    Large BGE
    36" BlackStone
    Backwoods G2 Party

RVA -> Chesapeake Va
  • It was the rave reviews that brought me to make the investment.. I will let you guys know what o think
    Large BGE
    36" BlackStone
    Backwoods G2 Party

RVA -> Chesapeake Va
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Phatchris said:
    IPA
    Did some IPA wings over the weekend, good stuff although I found it pretty mild, will go heavier next time.
    I've only spatched with it a couple times but have been pleased with it thus far.  It's definitely mild but I'm not always looking for heat. I'm pretty liberal with all of my rubs.  
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Love Raising the Steaks, Dizzy Dust, and Swamp Venom
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Go through a lot of raging river for pork, chicken, and fish. Cow lick for beef.

love it.
    Highland, MI

L BGE, Primo, and a KJ Jr
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Tsunami Spin.  Just a hint of sweetness.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited November 2015
    All of those are good, but when you are ordering your Pineapple Head, be sure to include Fajita-ish. Fajita-ish is one of my favorites. Also, I see you don't have Shakin' the Tree. That stuff is great on a green salad. No need for dressing, just Shakin' The Tree.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • ****.. Sounds like I need to just order them all! lol  thanks everyone
    Large BGE
    36" BlackStone
    Backwoods G2 Party

RVA -> Chesapeake Va
  • Davec433
    Davec433 Posts: 463
    My favorite is Red Eye Express. Check out their store in Manassas it has every eggcessory you could imagine.
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Phatchris said:
    IPA
    I've only spatched with it a couple times but have been pleased with it thus far.  It's definitely mild but I'm not always looking for heat. I'm pretty liberal with all of my rubs.  
    I hear ya with not always wanting heat, I just went a little too light on the wings and they could've used a bit more seasoning in general... I do like the citrusy notes of the rub, and you definitely get a slight hop taste/aroma which is pretty cool.
  • raging river - cedar plank salmon
    raising steaks- spatchcock
    Red Eye - tenderloin

I noticed we have the wild game kind available now, I want to try some on some deer meat next
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Red Eye and Dizzy Coarse are my favorites.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• You can save some money buying the larger size of things like Dizzy Dust, love that stuff !!!
  • Sheesh! Some of this stuff is HOTT lol
    Large BGE
    36" BlackStone
    Backwoods G2 Party

RVA -> Chesapeake Va
  • I'm slowly collecting all rubs from DP. They make an excellent and consistent product. 
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    One of the great things about Dizzy Pig and Oakridge is that they offer sampler packs.  For not too much money, you get to try a lot of their product and decide early on if you like that particular rub.  My Dizzy Pig samplers are a little over 0.5 oz each and the Oakridge samplers are about 1.5 oz each.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• bboulier
    bboulier Posts: 558
    Depends on what I am cooking.  I like Raising the Steaks for steaks, obviously, and for beef ribs. I use a mixture of Dizzy Dust and Snake Venom for pork ribs and pork shoulders.  Pineapple Head is good for grilled pineapple and other fruits.  Raging River is good for salmon.  Shakin' the Tree is a nice lemon/pepper blend for chicken.  Whenever I do an Asian marinade, I will usually add a tablespoon of  "Simply Zensational".  Lots of good products.
    Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Raising the Steaks is great on beef and burgers. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,717
    Raging River is my favorite.
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va