Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Some Wives Just Dont Get It!

Options
The back story:  I have had my large egg for several years.  I have it in a nest sitting on a flame proof fiber mat on the back deck.  I dont have a table or even the "wings".  So when I cook, I set things on the deck railing. Not the best situation for sure, but I haven't had any major losses yet.  I have thought about building a table from day one, but only sort of like the basic wood designs.  I have aspirations of doing a nice outdoor kitchen area, but we need to other (read:"expensive") outdoor things before that, so that is a ways off.  I have wanted a table that was nice, but I didnt have a ton of money or time into.

So I have been thinking about options for tables, and I ran across the design a few have that uses an inexpensive, adjustable SS table from Sams Club where a hole is cut and trimmed and viola you have a table.  I think it looks great, its definitely inexpensive, and I can do that with my eyes closed.

So, I was discussing it with her and showed her a picture of it on the computer.  She looks at it and then looks at me and says, "Why do you have to cut a hole in it?  Why dont you just set the table NEXT to the egg and use it like that."

"Well, dear, because.....um...you see....it's like this.......and uhhhh......well uh.  But this one goes to 11."

Some wives just dont understand.

What would your reply be?  And/or do any of you just use a nest and a basic table next to it.

Comments