Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RTIC 20

Options

Comments

• swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    Goodness, now the eta is Apr 1 if ordered today.  We're gonna need some more Chinese factories.  It's gotta be frustrating to the RTIC principals to have such demand and not be able to meet it.  Glad my 20 showed up.  I want a 45 but I'm not up to a 4 month wait ... Sigh.
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @SGH I was wondering where that cooler went.  I still want it, if you're willing to sell it to me for cost.   Let me know when it comes in brother Scottie. 

My initial order was for one of each size. A few weeks later I ordered 2 more of the 65's. Those two haven't came yet. If you are in a hurry or in need of one, you can have the one that is at the house. You will have to go get it though, I'm still in Theodore. It's sitting in the back of the Gator in the car porch. The last I checked, the remaining 2 65's were going to be delivered in mid December. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @SGH - I'm going to San Antonio around Dec 17 for my brother's wedding and that would be perfect to bring. SWMBO is performing the ceremony - she's a minister, for real.  But it's not like I don't have any coolers ;)

Thanks brother, I'll let you know.
    Options
    @SGH - I'm going to San Antonio around Dec 17 
    Don't forget that the 15th is my birthday and I'm expecting a gift ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    looks like my dec 5 delivery just got bumped to jan 2
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • stonewh
    stonewh Posts: 169
    Options
    I just received my email yesterday from RTIC saying mine should be shipping here shortly, I ordered the Tan 45.
    Birmingham, AL
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Just checked mine as well.  Was due to ship on Jan 16, now it's pushed back to March 5.
    I get they may be overwhelmed, but this seems like poor planning or not really understanding the business they are in.
    I may let this date change slide, but I guarantee if it moves again, I'll cancel my order.  Any later than March and it's starting to get in to travel season and I'll need my cooler.
    I think the RTIC cooler company may go the way of the Buffalo.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    The longer I hold off, the more I realize that I really don't need an oversized, overweight cooler. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    My ship date of 11/14......12/2......is now 1/1.  Can't say it gives me a lot of confidence in them.  I'll continue to wait - for now.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • stonewh
    stonewh Posts: 169
    Options
    The longer I hold off, the more I realize that I really don't need an oversized, overweight cooler. 
    I am actually in the same exact boat as you, if I hadn't received my email yesterday my order was on the verge of being cancelled. 
    Birmingham, AL
  • chard
    chard Posts: 67
    Options
    I paid for a Tan 20 on 8/18; the anticipated shipping date was pushed back a couple of times but yesterday I received an email from RTIC saying my order would ship within the next two weeks.   Stay tuned.  
    Eggin' with a Large and Small
    Twin Cities, MN
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    cazzy said:
    stompbox said:
    Wow. Reading lots of complaints/cancellations because ship dates have been delayed another month if you log in and check.

This seems more and more sketch, meanwhile they have hundreds if not thousands of orders that they are collecting interest on.

I hope it works out, but I am starting to not like the transparency.  Glad I have yet to order, I am in no hurry.
    Prolly less sketch and more overwhelmed.  I doubt they expected the volume of orders they received.  Use mine weekly, but I will wait till they catch up to order two more.
    I look at my order the same way I look at projects I back on Kickstarter and the like. Many of them do in fact get overwhelmed by the amount of support they get that far exceeds their original goals.

My latest example is the Misen knife. They were looking to raise $25K but ended up getting more than $1000K. Doesn't seem to have caused shipping dates for early orders to slip so far. 

My first gen Nomiku sous vide unit was well over a year overdue.

When my Rtic 65 arrives it arrives. Not something I obsess over.

I do wish I had also ordered a 20 tho. Dammit!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited November 2015
    Options
    My 65 will be here in January. I ordered it about a month before receiving my other two. 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    I agree with @HeavyG I have had a pair of custom shoes on order for over a year companies get overwhelmed be thankful they are sending updates.  However I can not support RTIC for personal reasons, best of luck to them.  I will stick with my Yeti  
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • GATraveller
    Options
    I spoke with customer service and they said it's only the tan having production issues.  If I didn't care about color to change order to white and it would ship right away.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    I spoke with customer service and they said it's only the tan having production issues.  If I didn't care about color to change order to white and it would ship right away.

I have same problem. I got this from there website when I track: 
    "We expect your order to ship on or before 01/01/2016."
    I can leave stuff outside without using cooler then. Why does the color matter?

• Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    Terrible customer service, you can cancel is all I get in response, no other colors available.
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Tspud1 said:

I'm having a hard time staying patient.......not sure why the tan is having production issues and white is not.  But then again....I know nothing about production of rotomolded coolers.  I ordered and paid for tan so I'm sticking it out.  Should the date change again then I'll reexamine.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • HondaHawk
    Options
    Tspud1 said:

I'm having a hard time staying patient.......not sure why the tan is having production issues and white is not.  But then again....I know nothing about production of rotomolded coolers.  I ordered and paid for tan so I'm sticking it out.  Should the date change again then I'll reexamine.
    I just checked my status. Ordered 65 and 20 in tan. Originally it was to be Dec 27th-ish. Now back ordered to Mid-Feb. 

I caved this past weekend while at Bass Pro and got a Yeti Hopper 30. Had a $50 gift card and 15% off with using Bass Pro card. The Hopper is pretty badass as well as practical. I may cxl the 20 order. Still debating. 

• EggSmokeVa
    Options
    Ah man... I have got to place an order for one of these for sure.. I have the Yetti Koozie and I love it.. Wanted to get a cooler but glad I waited.. These are much cheaper. The back order is pretty steep.. Looks like I won't get it until April or May if I order today.. But hell... That's probably around the time I'll need it most
    Large BGE
    36" BlackStone
    Backwoods G2 Party
    Yard full of other stuff to cook on

RVA -> Chesapeake Va
    Professional Drinker & Home Cook
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    if your really upset, cancel your order. mine might come in quicker with all the cancellations  =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Impatience with a preorder cracks me up. 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    I think it's more an issue of being told one thing when you paid for it and then having the shipment date continually pushed out. 
  • loveTheEgg
    Options
    Just saw this on FB 
    Brandon, MS
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    And there it is.  Knew it was coming. Just need to copy the soft cooler, tumbler and the little soft waterproof bag.  
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I think it's more an issue of being told one thing when you paid for it and then having the shipment date continually pushed out. 
    I have one of my 3 coolers and it's fantastic and I'm not in a rush for the other 2.
    That said I have to agree that shipping bumps are annoying.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • DoubleEgger
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Just saw this on FB 
    Preorder now. Ship in 2017  =)
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    edited November 2015
    Options
    This just shows that yeti  has a weak or no patents. Everyone is gonna get on the money train now. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    RTIC isn't even trying to hide the design stealing from YETI.   Wish they would focus on getting paid for coolers to customers instead of pillaging more from YETI.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio