Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday Beef Ribs (Lots of Pics)

Options
Egged these beef ribs on the mini-max today.  Got the fire going around 830AM with Rockwood lump and 2 fist-sized chunks of pecan.  With the platesetter in, ribs hit the 275 degree egg at 9AM and were probing like butter at 203IT around 345PM.  I cooked some texas-style pinto beans for a side dish.  This was a real treat and i ate way too much.  As a side note, the mini max did not vary more than 15 degrees the entire cook with no adjustment and theres enough lump left for a quick cook during the week.  

Shucker
Eastern North Carolina
Go Pirates!

http://facebook.com/oldcolonysmokehouse

https://www.instagram.com/oldcolonysmokehouse/

L & MM BGE/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Pit Barrel Cooker/QDS/Shirley Fab 50" Patio/BQ Grills Hog Cooker/Stump's Classic/Weber 22" OTG

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Those look fantastic.  Nice cook!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    Yum. 
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Looks outstanding!!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    Nice meaty ribs
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    IMO beef ribs are the very best items off an Egg. Yours looks fantastic. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Double post, they just look that good!!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • NC_Egghead
    Options
    @shucker, those look fantastic. 2 questions:
    Where did you get that fine looking rack of ribs?
    Where do you get your Rockwood?

I go to the eastern part of the state quite frequently and am always looking for supply sources. 

BTW, I have a son who's a junior at ECU. GO PIRATES! Aargh!
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    Looks awesome! I really need to perfect beef ribs - not an easy cook. But yours look spot on!
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Mickey said:
    IMO beef ribs are the very best items off an Egg. 
    They are certainly in the top 3 for me as well. 

@shucker
    Great looking grub brother. Solid cook. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Your butcher certainly fixed you up with some nice short ribs that you cooked perfectly.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Great looking stuff. You killed it . funny how easy it can be to overeat when those bad boys are on the plate.  Take a bow. 
  • shucker
    shucker Posts: 483
    Options

I go to the eastern part of the state quite frequently and am always looking for supply sources. 

I had to smuggle these ribs across the border from VA.  They came from Central Meats in Chesapeake which is only about 45 minutes from my house.  If anyone is nearby, its a great butcher shop.  They keep Prime-grade whole packer briskets in stock and they have great steaks as well as pork and chicken products.  They also have a great selection of rubs and sauces.    

I order Rockwood from Firecraft 5 bags at a time for free shipping.  The size of the pieces is always a wildcard depending on how FedEx decides to handle the package but I havent found a lump that compares in quality anywhere local for pickup. 

Congrats on your son's decision for higher education.  Its a great school and a lot of fun.  Too bad football hasn't been up to par this season, but I guess there's always next year.  

Shucker
    Eastern North Carolina
    Go Pirates!

http://facebook.com/oldcolonysmokehouse

https://www.instagram.com/oldcolonysmokehouse/

L & MM BGE/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Pit Barrel Cooker/QDS/Shirley Fab 50" Patio/BQ Grills Hog Cooker/Stump's Classic/Weber 22" OTG

• cary970
    Options
    shucker said:

I had to smuggle these ribs across the border from VA.  They came from Central Meats in Chesapeake which is only about 45 minutes from my house.  If anyone is nearby, its a great butcher shop.  They keep Prime-grade whole packer briskets in stock and they have great steaks as well as pork and chicken products.  They also have a great selection of rubs and sauces.    

I order Rockwood from Firecraft 5 bags at a time for free shipping.  The size of the pieces is always a wildcard depending on how FedEx decides to handle the package but I havent found a lump that compares in quality anywhere local for pickup. 

Congrats on your son's decision for higher education.  Its a great school and a lot of fun.  Too bad football hasn't been up to par this season, but I guess there's always next year.  
    Love central meats! Went to school with owners so 
  • VB_egger
    VB_egger Posts: 364
    Options
    @shucker I frequent that butcher as well. They sell rock wood here at the ace hardware on kempsville rd. call first but it's been in stock the past couple months. 
    VA Beach
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Gorjus.......all I can say.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Outstanding cook!