Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st Baby Backs

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This was my first attempt at ribs on my Large. 5.5 hours indirect, 225 degrees. I had them in a rack until saucing time. [p]My neighbor said, "These are the best damn ribs I have ever had." [p]bge.jpg

Comments

• BurntOfferingBBQ
    Options
    I noticed your virgin EGG and platesetter. If you want to keep the platesetter from getting all gummed up from drippings that get thick after a while.....many of us use foil on the platesetter to help slow this down. Ribs look mm goooood!!!
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    ccraig4604,
    imagine how good they'll be your fifth time

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Unknown
    Options
    ccraig4604,[p]
    I am attempting my first rib outing on the egg tommorrow. Can you walk me thru your steps?

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 148
    Options
    toomsdpt,[p]I sent you an e-mail. It was a spur of the moment cook, so I didn't have a tremendous amount of prep time. Just cooked at a stabilized 225 in a rack without opening the lid until hour 4. Used Emeril spices b/c I was out of everything else and used Stubb's bbq sauce at the end.[p]I'm not a pro, just a fan of bbq.
    ccraig4604

• Unknown
    Options
    ccraig4604,[p]Man they look good!! Award winning. My only suggestion, since you have such a nice, new grill. I would cover the plate setter with heavy foil to reduce the amount of gunk buldup. Just my anal, fastidious opinion.[p]Howard

• Unknown
    Options
    Howard,[p]Thanks for the tip. That's a great idea. I've been using tin baking pans for my beer can chicken, but didn't do anything for the ribs.[p]ccraig4604