Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody not know what's going on in Paris?

Comments

• kthacher
    kthacher Posts: 155
    bgebrent said:
    What????  @kthacher, this is a political thread.  It will get deleted eventually.  Open debate while egging is sticking to egging and cooking, right?
    Yes, it is a political thread that didn't start that way.  I think politics has no place in a recreational forum like this.  Anyway, I will drop it now, as people seem to enjoy talking about politics and getting very forceful in explaining and defending their politics. I will just stay away, as I really dislike politics in places like this.  It turns normally civil people very nasty in many cases.
    Winnipeg, Canada
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    There's only so much you can talk about with butts and spatchcocked birds...
  • ISIL claimed responsibility and a Syrian passport was found on one of the attackers.  Sounds like "refugees" to me. 
    You are aware that Syrian people who are not refugees exist in Western nations, right?
    - Jamaican living in rural Western Washington
    - Got my first egg (XL) in October 2015
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    YukonRon said:
    I am in DC tonight. It is a bit more quiet in the Capitol of The USA, after seeing the events in the Capitol of France.

My daughter is currently in DC on her 8th grade DC class trip.  Not coming home until Sunday.  Wish I was with her right now!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• DoubleEgger
    ISIL claimed responsibility and a Syrian passport was found on one of the attackers.  Sounds like "refugees" to me. 
    You are aware that Syrian people who are not refugees exist in Western nations, right?
    Of course but give me a break. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck... It's probably a duck. 
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    My doctors informed me that I have an acute case of

Post Islamic Stress Trauma with Apologetic Whitehouse Fatigue (PIST-AWF).

For those of you who do not know what that is;  PIST-AWF is a newly defined disease that is found to be uniquely American, widespread and highly contagious.

Reported cases have doubled since Obama announced YESTERDAY that ISIS is "contained"...Tell that to the people of Paris.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited November 2015

For those of you who do not know what that is;  PIST-AWF is a newly defined disease that is found to be uniquely American, widespread and highly contagious.

Reported cases have doubled since Obama announced YESTERDAY that ISIS is "contained"...Tell that to the people of Paris.

Point taken, but note that - in context - he was referring to territorial gains in Iraq/Syria.  
    View the vid, read the text.

Obviously, terrorism hasn't been "contained" for decades . . . longer.

(Not apologizing for anyone, only factigizing.)
     :| 

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited November 2015

The threat of ISIS is way overblown by the radical right.  I know this because our commander in chief has ridiculed ISIS himself, calling them a JV team.  Mr. Obama would never lie, not even to win an election.

Mr. Obama is just playing with ISIS.  Win the middle east, then hand it off complete with weapons and vehicles to ISIS.  It's all part of the strategy, Fox news is distorting the plan and should have more faith in the greatness that is Obama.

Phoenix 
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going to grill some pork tonight - just to piss off ISIS.
    Careful.
    They know where you grill!
    (It's written all over your name.)

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    YEMTrey said:
    YukonRon said:
    I am in DC tonight. It is a bit more quiet in the Capitol of The USA, after seeing the events in the Capitol of France.

My daughter is currently in DC on her 8th grade DC class trip.  Not coming home until Sunday.  Wish I was with her right now!
    She will be safe. The security is a bit stepped up. The casual eye will not notice, but I can see it. 
    You are a great parent. This is a wonderful place to visit.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    blasting said:
    ...  Mr. Obama would never lie, not even to win an election. ...
    Hey, stop that ... damn, my computer screen is now dripping wet from the sarcasm.  I think that's the main reason why he uses a teleprompter ... doesn't want to screw up and tell the truth by ad-libbing.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Braggart said:
    Canada new govmnt...commitments to let 25,000 refugees in prior to Christmas.  

Light a a candle for us....
    I guess we all get what we vote for... Not any better down here.
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230
    When did @nolaegghead pass out?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    He should show up soon me thinks.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • When did @nolaegghead pass out?
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    @JohnInCarolina - that is some sexy pork you infidel. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• YukonRon
    kthacher said:
    bgebrent said:
    What????  @kthacher, this is a political thread.  It will get deleted eventually.  Open debate while egging is sticking to egging and cooking, right?
    Yes, it is a political thread that didn't start that way.  I think politics has no place in a recreational forum like this.  Anyway, I will drop it now, as people seem to enjoy talking about politics and getting very forceful in explaining and defending their politics. I will just stay away, as I really dislike politics in places like this.  It turns normally civil people very nasty in many cases.
    @kthacher while I will agree with you, some of these topics definitely take a path of seriousness from time to time.
    This response can be a bit much, so reading further past this may be difficult for you, use your best judgement.
    The fact it brings forth emotion from one, maybe two of us, means we are passionate about wanting to stop the slaughter of innocent people.
    sorry if it offends anyone, not meant to.
    However if the topics listed offend your senses, skip over them and go straight to the BGE topics. That way, folks can rant, and those that dislike the subject do not have to worry about their sensibilities being provoked in a negative manner.
    And guess what, on political blogs, cooking and recipes are represented from time to time.
    Either way, you do not have to read every post or even every topic. It is up to you to choose.
    We now know you are against such threads. We will do our best to warn you ahead of time.
    just one more thing, and this is as PC as I will ever get; When I speak of Syria, I speak of those from that country that are involved in terror. I know not everyone from that country is involved. But to those that are, I hope their fate is worse than those they slaughtered. And very soon too.
    I do welcome your comments and always enjoy reading your comments,
     as well as respect your opinions. I hope you would afford the same opportunity to me and the others which will post topics from time to time.
    no malice, just peace.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    Been a while since I've been flagged! Wooooo! 
  • DoubleEgger
    ISIS can suck it!
    That's one thing we can agree upon @JohnInCarolina !

• Been a while since I've been flagged! Wooooo! 
    Don't abuse POTUS. :rofl: 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    bud812 said:
    And start selling arms to Iran?  Since he did that more than killing people.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• DoubleEgger
    Don't abuse POTUS. :rofl: 
    I'm sure I'll be lectured after while. Let me go refill my Yeti Lowball...
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

What you said, should have been a joke, unfortunately it is the truth.  

In 200 years the ocean may or may not be 1/2 a degree warmer, and this may or may not be due to human influence.  Yep, definitely more important than these religious ISIS nut jobs who are plotting to kill us all - RIGHT NOW.

Wear that flag like a badge of honor my friend.  Let's see if the flagger has the nerve to present a viewpoint.

Phoenix 
  • YukonRon
    edited November 2015
    People have too much time on their hands. Cook, drink, read, post repeat.
    posting a flag is too much work.
    Oh, by the way, the cadets from West Point, took the field today with both the flags of the USA and France, our nations oldest ally.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • blasting said:

What you said, should have been a joke, unfortunately it is the truth.  

In 200 years the ocean may or may not be 1/2 a degree warmer, and this may or may not be due to human influence.  Yep, definitely more important than these religious ISIS nut jobs who are plotting to kill us all - RIGHT NOW.

Wear that flag like a badge of honor my friend.  Let's see if the flagger has the nerve to present a viewpoint.

The vast majority of these things are butt flagged.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike