Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Enjoy your drink brother @theyolksonyou, finally some sunshine!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    edited November 2015
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @nolaegghead - You have the right approach (as if I could tell you otherwise). Daily driver 911 T (1970-picked up used with around 44K on the clock in 1974) and finally "declared victory" in 2003 with a most controlled engine fire. Had 305K on the clock at that time and figured, "German Steel".  Most durable and reliable car I had owned until few hic-cups once clearing 250K.  Good luck with the ride to your promised land  ;)
    Oh stop the chest beating you two ... hell, I drove a 1989 Dodge Caravan to 220K.  Did it 'cuz it's only 218K miles from the surface of the earth to the surface of the moon when the moon is close.  If one can drive one of Iacocca's mommy vehicles that far, your "German Steel" comments are a little lacking in true braggado.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    edited November 2015
    Options
    @weberwho that is a big brisket.  It looks like it is spanning the grill on an XL.  

Throw a couple of those duraflame logs in and get cooking.  Or you can use the bluetooth Masterbuilt next door.
    @SmokeyPitt It was a a big brisket. The brisket ended up leaking everywhere. We ended up switching it out with another smaller brisket. The new brisket has a better fat cap. I could only imagine how delicious a Masterbuilt brisket might turn out! ;) 

My friend just bought a Masterbuilt electric smoker. I tried to tell him otherwise but he didn't listen. Easy to haul around with his camper he says. This comes from a guy who asked me if he should start out with something simple like brisket. (He's never cooked a brisket in his life) That electric smoker might just fit him perfectly thinking about it! =)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Or own a Porsche.  Married well way before.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Legume said:
    TN_Egger said:

I usually torque my own nuts too.  Some things you just can't trust to others.
    You just have to marry well.
    You know your response is bad when you've been drinking and you still back off twice. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited November 2015
    Options
    @lousubcap sweet!  Those are classics.  Porsche style is timeless.  Any problems with roof pillar rust?  

@TN_Egger +1 I'm anal about doing it right.  I do all my own service and repair.  Except tires, windshields, alighnments.  There's a reason those specifications exist.  It's called engineering. 
    edited November 2015
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @nolaegghead - You have the right approach (as if I could tell you otherwise). Daily driver 911 T (1970-picked up used with around 44K on the clock in 1974) and finally "declared victory" in 2003 with a most controlled engine fire. Had 305K on the clock at that time and figured, "German Steel".  Most durable and reliable car I had owned until few hic-cups once clearing 250K.  Good luck with the ride to your promised land  ;)
    Oh stop the chest beating you two ... hell, I drove a 1989 Dodge Caravan to 220K.  Did it 'cuz it's only 218K miles from the surface of the earth to the surface of the moon when the moon is close.  If one can drive one of Iacocca's mommy vehicles that far, your "German Steel" comments are a little lacking in true braggado.
    I had a 944 back in the day. Fun car to drive when it wasn't on the back of a flatbed. I should have bought two; I needed something to drive when mine was in the shop. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Placing my order for an eggstractor 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I already have one. It even came with a free hippy ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Jeepster47 ok, you win the Internet tonight.  That's like experiencing the Trail of Tears or Bataan Death March.  And you did it willingly!  Next your gonna tell me that was an upgrade from the K car.  :o=)
    Options
    SGH said:

Our borders are sieves.
    NOLA
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    SGH said:

But do you have a MightyBite plus MightyBite Nano?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @nolaegghead - no issues with any roof rust as it was a Targa with the hard glass rear window.  Bought before SWMBO arrived on scene and knew another one was not in the cards so I kept it going til she truly flamed out.  Enjoy your ride as it likely could be the last car you will need to buy.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

Cooking some grits and prepping some wings

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Work
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Bitter sweet day.  20 year old son moving out of the house today.  Proud of him as he is doing very well, and way ahead of myself when I was his age.  Life is moving way too fast and not sure the wife and I are ready for this.
    I'll continue to teach and do anything he needs, but you better believe there will be a few extra beers drank today to help me cope.

All you Eggers on here with young'uns.  Enjoy the time and cherish every moment.  Seems like just yesterday I was coaching his little league teams and cheering him on.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Ready to turbo a butt on the new AR. FWIW, Publix has butts on sale for $1.99/lb

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Ready to turbo a butt on the new AR. FWIW, Publix has butts on sale for $1.99/lb

@DoubleEgger   Where is it you are located?  Butts on sale for 1.99 sounds crazy expensive.
    Phoenix 
  • DoubleEgger
    edited November 2015
    Options
    blasting said:

@DoubleEgger   Where is it you are located?  Butts on sale for 1.99 sounds crazy expensive.
    The Dirty South aka Hotlanta. They are normally $3.49/lb. They seem to be higher quality than the RD butts and I didn't have time to go over there(RD) as this was a last minute decision. 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    blasting said:

The Dirty South aka Hotlanta. They are normally $3.49/lb. They seem to be higher quality than the RD butts and I didn't have time to go over there(RD) as this was a last minute decision. 
    Damn, Wegmans butts are $1.49 regular price.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    cheap eggs but expensive protein.  

If I didn't think they could hear me, I'd say this was a conspiracy.
    Phoenix 
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    There's not a lot of grocery store competition in Metro Atlanta. I refuse to shop at Walmart...
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Bitter sweet day.  20 year old son moving out of the house today.  Proud of him as he is doing very well, and way ahead of myself when I was his age.  Life is moving way too fast and not sure the wife and I are ready for this.
    I'll continue to teach and do anything he needs, but you better believe there will be a few extra beers drank today to help me cope.

All you Eggers on here with young'uns.  Enjoy the time and cherish every moment.  Seems like just yesterday I was coaching his little league teams and cheering him on.
    He'll be back to visit before you know it.
    With grandkids!   :)

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    edited November 2015
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    @nolaegghead, I hate new tire day!  They're so ridiculously expensive.  Sweet Cayman brother.  I've got a 2008 Carrera S Cab.  Gonna be driving her when she's an antique.
    Nice wheels!

Mine is a 2007 Cayman S.  I bought it used with 27K miles.  I'm gonna keep it forever.  Or until I kill myself in it.  Just changed the oil on Sunday, the front tires are about 4 months old, I just picked up the matching rear from tirerack. 

I use these Vietnamese guys for all my tire work.  They have the right equipment and they do everything right except torque the nuts, so I bring my own torque wrench.
    Well, I got you guys on age.. 2 years back I bought a 2005 base Carrera.  Jeremy Clarkson says only old fat men with delusions of grandeur buy non-S Carreras. Lol. Guilty?  Well I lusted after one for 40 yrs and jumped on this one as it had a motor just preemptively rebuilt by a true Porsche whisperer Jake Raby at Flat6Innovations.  was worth the wait...  Nola, your car is sweet. I messaged you the other week complimenting it.
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Sweet ride brother swordsmn!  Worth the wait for sure!
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    Thanks bgebrent.  AND just today I confirmed the Rtic20 fits perfectly in the frunk.  
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Outstanding!  I got the RTIC 45.  Stays on the porch or in the truck.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @DoubleEgger-just had to add to your "I don't shop at Wally World."  Fortunately I have choices and they are not in the rotation and haven't been for as long as I can remember.  It's a business model issue with me...and I'm fine with it.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Amen brother Lou!