Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

my favorite female egger (full post with pics)

Options
mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
sorry molly, q-babe, gwen, jerky junky, trouble, and others of the female persuasion, but that designation has to go to the product of m loins (geez, did i just say that!?!). . .yep, the spawn herself... .at eggfests and competitions, its about the only time we go 24 hours without some sort of major battle or debate. ...we really worked well together down at chesapeake, and we collaborated well on 'decisions' regarding cooking and box set-ups, etc. ...[p]DSCF0005.jpg[p]DSCF0010.jpg[p]and here is the famous brisket being sliced[p]DSCF0022.jpg[p]and in the box with slices and point[p]DSCF0025.jpg[p]and here we are with our awards. ..[p]DSCF0034.jpg[p]it was a lot of fun being with her. ..now back to the usual 'debate club' . ..[p]

Comments

• aka mr. Earl
    aka mr. Earl Posts: 151
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Hey big guy, [p]us Free Rangers are all proud of you two.[p]Free Range - Live Free, or Range
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Nice looking smoke ring on that briskett! -RP

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning mad max beyond eggdome:[p]Great pics (finally) and congrats on the results at the competition! I expected no less from the Rosen clan! [p]While I haven't done any competing, I have introduced both my sons to the BGE world (one has a large, the other a medium). Funny story though -- This past weekend my older son (Jason who lives in Tallahassee) was doing some pork butts for taking to a church pot luck on Sunday. He had called Saturday morning asking about how he should go about cooking some steaks (high temps) and then getting temps down for the butt cook. I told him that after finishing the steaks just close both vent down as far as practical just to keep the fire going until he was ready to put the butts on. Then if the temp was still too high, just add a bunch more charcoal and that should bring the temp down to just over 200 to get started. That seemed to work fine as he called about 11:00pm Saturday evening to let me know he had started everything just fine. I didn't expect to hear from him again until late Sunday afternoon telling me how good everything turned out. HOWEVER, at 3:54AM Sunday morning the phone rang (not the best time to be getting a phone call as you always think the worst) and it was Jason asking a question about the butts not reaching internal temp of 140 within four hours (he was in the mid 130s at the time). I think I told him to open the vents and raise the dome temp and everything will be fine. He never did call back to say how things turned out. I had to call him on Monday to get that info.[p]Kids, what are you going to do![p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    SSN686,
    So how did they turn out?

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Bobby-Q:[p]I didn't get any, but he said everyone really liked the results, so I guess it all worked out in the end.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• truhokie
    truhokie Posts: 17
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Hey man, congrats to you two on your victory! You ought to be very proud of yourselves. And what a great way to spend time with a loved one, much less a cool daughter like you have.[p]I told my wife this weekend while I was smoking a shoulder and boston butt that if we ever have kids, they will be eggheads early on in life. I will buy a mini when they are old enough to stand.
  • Unknown
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    That's so awesome. And what an awesome thing to share with your daughter. You must be teaching her well. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Waydago Spawn & Max. Nothing like being a proud Papa![p]My daughter loves my pulled pork sandwiches as does the rest of the Austin Rowing Team. [p]She made State Champion again this year in her age group, and won in Regional Regatta, so now she's off to Nationals in Cinci next month.[p]Cheers & Congrats![p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Great post. And thanks for the pics! That brisket looks amazing![p]Later,
    Cornfed

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    That is way cool, Max. You have a special relationship with your youngins. I know you're very proud of Sydney and Sam both. This reminds me of a poem I once posted eons ago :

"Daughter"
    by Farawayeyes

on this day a child will rise
    and you shall see the morning in her eyes
    she will seek you
    she will hold back the tide
    but promise nothing she cannot fulfil
    but each day greet you with a smile
    take care of these days
    soon to be gone as you long to see her grow
    one day she will be the evening you had imagined
    and be a woman full and passioned
    and others will look upon her
    ah! that test waiting deep in your soul
    the time you must let her go
    Keep her close, Max. She's really special!
    John

[ul][li][url=http:// ]http:// [/url][/ul]
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    congrats to you and hippy chick as well ed!!! . .. i'm sure that good "egg" fuel is what is pushing those girls on to greatness. .. good luck in cincinatti. .. you know there are more chili parlors per capita in cinci than any other place on the planet. ..if they can't get enough "gas' to propel them there, they can't get it anywhere!! :0)

• Crab leg
    Crab leg Posts: 291
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    When will you be in Cincinnati, and where will you be staying? I might be able to hook you up with a mess of pulled pork if need be. Lemme know. I might want to come down and watch the races too! Wish your daughter good luck!
    Seth

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Very nice, max. Spawn is one of my favorite bbq people and I always get a kick out of her company.[p]Awesome looking brisket box, by the way... Congrats on your trophy![p]john
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Options
    mad,[p]This is what she's going to remember all her life - not the major battles.[p]I love it that you guys are doing this together. It'll get you over the rough spots.[p]Gwen
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Options
    truhokie,[p]You should not wait til they're old enough to stand. I've heard from reliable sources that minis are a fabulous tool to teach the kid to pull themselves up.[p]It should be a mandatory item in any well-furnished nursery.[p]Gwen
  • GrillMeister
    Options
    Crab leg,[p]Thanks for the offer, but it'll be only Mrs. GrillMeister and my daughter. They'll be staying with an Aunt in Cinci and my folks from Kettering and brothers & sisters from Centerville will be watching.[p]I'll post again next time we're in town. I'd like to take you up on the offer for pulled pork. Ping me next time you are in Austin.[p]Cheers,[p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • GrillMeister
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Yep, Mrs. GrillMeister is gonna have to bring home some Skyline or Goldstar 3 way Chili.[p]Cheers,[p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas