Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody not know what's going on in Paris?

Comments

• Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    @Gamecockeggman ... 
    I don't believe your narrative is throwing you from your conservative view.  :)
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700

Not at all.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Durangler said:
    Times change after 35 years, No?
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.
    Cinderella really rocked in the 80s. 
  • Sardonicus

LOL, Yolker!

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    lousubcap said:
    Regardless of where you are politically, dirt bags need to be dealt with.  I don't proclaim to know the surgical strikes and infiltration/diplomatic inroads we can make but it's Friday.  While there are surgical options you do have a hammer.  So here is an over-the-top option: ( Glass parking lots make for easy assessment :)  )  

Please take with a few grains of salt-but the west has got to choke them out.  

Off soap-box for now.

This is what I'm talking about. Boomer justice!
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Right, so maybe 1000 years!  At least!  Religious conflict is so unbelievably contradictory.  Let's kill folks cuz they have a different God.  Unbelievable stupidity, right @nolaegghead?  Unbelievable.  So sad the innocents must suffer.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    jabam said:

jabam said:
    I just pray for the victims and their families. I think these are the times when  we throw political correctness out the window, and do something. Obama won't! Oh how I long for the days of Ronnie!
    So you want to sell weapons to terrorists?
    Did I say that? I just have a strong belief that Reagan wouldn't stand by and let these things  happen, with no response.
    You said you longed for the days of Ronnie, who approved the sales of weapons to terrorists in the Iran-Contra Scandal. It was too funny not to mention, even though I knew what you were trying to say. I don't really get why you think a dead guy would do more than the guy who has approved the killing of terrorists almost daily(drones) and just killed one of the biggest mouthpieces ISIS had. Especially since this same dead guy did SO much after the Marine Barracks bombing in 83.
    I'm not talking about 1983, I'm talking about having someone in charge who has the balls to do something drastic, to let these **** know we won't put up with this crap. If you want to debate Reagans morals and policy, go ahead my friend. I would rather have him in my corner than any leader we have had since.
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Sounds like the JV team is wearing Kobe Bryant jerseys again. Don't worry, as soon as the prez gets Gitmo closed they will like us. 
  • Sardonicus
    edited November 2015

Yessss.  That's it!
    "something drastic" . . .

That's the ticket!

• Durangler
    Ya know, This attack in Paris may seem so far away. But we all must remember 9/11/2001.
    These people are savages, who's intention is to kill us all. It's easy to laugh it off as an anomaly, but this is serious ****!
    If you all believe your all happy and free from harm, you ought to take notice. You could be at your local bar, restaurant, ball game, concert .... just like these folks in Paris, and your world may be changed forever. Don't think it will never happen.
    I live on an open border, no one is stopping anyone from crossing. These savages are crossing everyday, planning, plotting... just as they did 15 years ago.
    Call me paranoid, but I must fend for myself, as the Gov't thinks there's no problem. 
  • Durangler said:
    Ya know, This attack in Paris may seem so far away. But we all must remember 9/11/2001.
    These people are savages, who's intention is to kill us all. It's easy to laugh it off as an anomaly, but this is serious ****!
    If you all believe your all happy and free from harm, you ought to take notice. You could be at your local bar, restaurant, ball game, concert .... just like these folks in Paris, and your world may be changed forever. Don't think it will never happen.
    I live on an open border, no one is stopping anyone from crossing. These savages are crossing everyday, planning, plotting... just as they did 15 years ago.
    Call me paranoid, but I must fend for myself, as the Gov't thinks there's no problem. 
    Durangler, I live in SC now but was in New York on 911.  In fact I was on wall st.  It was horrible, horrific in fact.  I am not for war by any means but this type of act must be addressed in a fashion that no one ever dare do it again.  These bastards must be taken on and we must assure that no one else dare try this type of act.  
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • If not, I am certain that they will come to all of our homes and take our eggs and rid the world of all good meat...this I cannot stand for!!!! =)
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • Durangler
    @Gamecockeggman
    I'm sorry you had to go through that ordeal. It must have been hell on earth.
    I hope others will come to realize that the hate is still out there, as demonstrated in Paris, today. 
    It's complacent to accept folks into the community without scrutiny. But, for some, scrutiny is bias, which IMHO is BS.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    Wow.....I hate to get political on this forum as I like it very much and feel that everyone is entitled to their opinion.  But blood is blood and families are families,  perhaps it's because my son came to me asking about this that has thrown me off of my conservative views,,,,but a life is a life and a cause is a cause,  this is unwarranted, ungodly and unacceptable.  We need to stand up and take the fight to them so that it never ends up here on our soil. Or anyone else's.  Bastards....
    Gee....if only it was that simple.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Durangler
    @HeavyG
    Your solution?
    Have one?
    Punt?
  • bgebrent
    Yup, @HeavyG, It is and it isn't.  The only question is do you have the balls to level the gun against an enemy or not, or do you own a gun?  Pretty simple.
  • flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    What a horrible situation, folks.  I will be praying for the victims and their families.
    Milton, GA.
  • Durangler
    @bgebrent
    They'll be calling for you, me & others, who are armed, for assistance. 
    And, we'll respond to assist. Then hope to get a "thank you"
  • bgebrent
    The sad truth is there are many people/factions in the world that believe their religion is the only religion.  My way or the highway mentality.  one should have every right to believe in their religion, and kill others who assault it, not.  Thing is most religions don't assault others… oops, logic gone awry.  Almost all wars are based on religion, one group believing one falsehood killing the other group willing to die for another falsehood.  The IQ of the fighters is low.
    The lethality of their weapons is high.  

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Simple, huh?  Are you going to point them out for me?  Is it what they wear? How they talk?  Should we round them all up and put them in camps so they can't hurt us?  And everyone that looks like them, talks like them, worships their god?  Ok if we're only 50% accurate as long as we get 100% of the 'bad' ones?

And to say if the police there had guns this would've been prevented, come on.  Not a planned attack like this.  Arming the police may have other benefits (and risks too), but stopping a surprise, multi location coordinated attack like this isn't one of them.

Such bravado and and such a simple view.  I admire you.
  • jabam
    Legume said:
    Simple, huh?  Are you going to point them out for me?  Is it what they wear? How they talk?  Should we round them all up and put them in camps so they can't hurt us?  And everyone that looks like them, talks like them, worships their god?  Ok if we're only 50% accurate as long as we get 100% of the 'bad' ones?

And to say if the police there had guns this would've been prevented, come on.  Not a planned attack like this.  Arming the police may have other benefits (and risks too), but stopping a surprise, multi location coordinated attack like this isn't one of them.

Such bravado and and such a simple view.  I admire you.
    If the police were armed maybe there wouldn't have been as many casualtys. Just sayin!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • bgebrent
    @Legume, come on brother, no one is saying that.  Or at least I'm not.  Only agree with you as I believe you do with me.  Bravado is bravado, preventing this kind of tragedy is the goal.  Refugees need to be vetted and included.  Challenging stuff as you know.
  • Durangler
    Well. @Legume if you believe that an armed community would have not made a difference in this outcome, so be it.
    I will concede an armed police force would not foiled this attack, but the cowards with the weapons who killed the innocent people, may have had a second thought had the community been armed.  They would have known that those they were firing at may be able to fire back.
    But in this case, there was no retaliation, due to the laws of the country.
    I would rather go down firing, than curled up in a ball hoping to not get shot.
    I would fight to the death to defend you and your way of life. I would offer you to justify me not defending myself or you. If you were under attack what would you do? Call the unarmed police? 
    Seriously?
  • Legume
    Not saying we shouldn't have an armed police force at all.  I think the oversimplification of these tragedies is disrespectful.  You get a gun, they get a bomb, or a plane, or ...

I think this is what RRP means when he says the country is going to hell.  History is escalation.  Always the same, always worse.

You're not going to scare people that are willing to die for their cause.

• jabam
    Don't want to scare them, want to get rid of them!
  • bgebrent
    @Legume, it is oversimplified on this forum and in mainstream media.  If you wanna put your head in the sand cuz you're as old as RRP then do so.  Clearly our world is going to hell in a hand basket.  History is not escalation, it's negotiation ad nauseum.  And I support negotiation.  When you face an uneducated, brainwashed opponent, negotiation is stupid, like our agreement with Iran.  Then if you don't decapitate the enemy you become their slave.  We must decapitate ISIS and Al Quada.  I know what your gonna say.  Still, we must make our best effort to destroy them.
  • Legume
    No, you don't know what in going to say.  I'm not old.  I agree, get rid of them, find a way.

The "it wouldn't happen here, I have a gun" rhetoric bugs me.  Have some sympathy for the people of France.
  • bgebrent
    Yes I do, you just did, and I knew you were'nt old, and we're on the same page and I'm older than you, unfortunately. Nothing but sympathy for the people who've lost loved ones!  If you don't have a gun then make sure you only attend a knife fight.  So sad to hear the reports from Paris