Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody not know what's going on in Paris?

Options

Comments

• Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    It's not that we're beating up on a country that is dealing with crisis, but rather the regulations, protocol and laws that allowed it to occur.
    This is going to happen regularly, so we may as well take note and prepare.
    Who's standing forward, to take action in an attempt to stop the surprise violence? 
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    I just pray for the victims and their families. I think these are the times when  we throw political correctness out the window, and do something. Obama won't! Oh how I long for the days of Ronnie!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    French surplus military rifles, never shot only dropped once. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Gamecockeggman
    Options
    Prayers are going up from my home.  My seven year old son was exposed to the media coverage....this has simplified the event for me...  I pray these bastards are given then their due.
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    jabam said:
    I just pray for the victims and their families. I think these are the times when  we throw political correctness out the window, and do something. Obama won't! Oh how I long for the days of Ronnie!
    So you want to sell weapons to terrorists?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Yeah, let's beat up on a country that just suffered a terrible terrorist attack. 

That's 35 hour workweek.   But on average:

according to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, French employees work an average of 39.5 hours per week, just shy of the eurozone average of 40.9 hours per week.Nov 27, 2014

Too soon? 
    You're all heart Nola. 
    I'm just trolling.  I could care less.
    Options

couldn't

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options

jabam said:
    Did I say that? I just have a strong belief that Reagan wouldn't stand by and let these things  happen, with no response.
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Durangler
    Options
    jabam said:

Iran does, but the US Administration made a sweet deal with Iran recently. So the US is just fine. No worries.  :s 

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options

Had Dr. Carson been one of those hostages, those lousy terrorists wouldn't have stood a chance!

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Yeah, let's beat up on a country that just suffered a terrible terrorist attack. 

That's 35 hour workweek.   But on average:

according to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, French employees work an average of 39.5 hours per week, just shy of the eurozone average of 40.9 hours per week.Nov 27, 2014

Too soon? 
    You're all heart Nola. 
    I'm just trolling.  I could care less.
    We need a good Friday night troll thread, Im doing my part. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Durangler
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Guns are banned in France, @Sardonicus. Citizens are UNarmed, as are a majority of the police.. I assumed you were aware of that.
    One reason for the massive carnage, no one could defend themselves or fire back at the criminals. 
    Thankfully that is not the case in America. 
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    edited November 2015
    Options
    jabam said:
    Here, Here Brother.  He and Margaret Thatcher wouldn't stand for this sh!t.  I can't wait to see what kind of crap the Donald has to say about this, who is over the top.

And yes thoughts and prayers to those in Paris.

One of my few political rants
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • Sardonicus
    edited November 2015
    Options

Yup.  We're good..

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    As a transplanted mild mannered Canadian, I want to go kill some terrorists.  I can only imagine how frustrated our military feels being largely sidelined.  

Maybe I don't have a grasp on things, but I think it's time that we stop handcuffing our military, and unleash holy hell on these animals.

Phoenix 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    @Little_Steven,  I appreciated the facetiousness all day long my friend.  If we as a people don't unite, recognize and appreciate the nature of this new, religious threat, we'll fail sooner.  Also acknowledge we've expended the typical time of a democracy.  Still, we must fight those who define us as infidels.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Sardonicus
    Options

We've already done the 'unleashing' thing.
    A few times, now.

• Durangler
    Options
    Don't worry, Geraldo Rivera is on the story! He just advised his daughter, who is in Paris, to stay inside & keep her cell phone charged! Brilliant!
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    jabam said:

jabam said:
    Did I say that? I just have a strong belief that Reagan wouldn't stand by and let these things  happen, with no response.
    You said you longed for the days of Ronnie, who approved the sales of weapons to terrorists in the Iran-Contra Scandal. It was too funny not to mention, even though I knew what you were trying to say. I don't really get why you think a dead guy would do more than the guy who has approved the killing of terrorists almost daily(drones) and just killed one of the biggest mouthpieces ISIS had. Especially since this same dead guy did SO much after the Marine Barracks bombing in 83.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Had Dr. Carson been one of those hostages, those lousy terrorists wouldn't have stood a chance!

It's really true - Muslims don't wear belts.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Durangler
    Options

It's really true - Muslims don't wear belts.
    Right, They wear suicide vests. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    Durangler said:
    jabam said:

Iran does, but the US Administration made a sweet deal with Iran recently. So the US is just fine. No worries.  :s 

We were selling missiles to them in the 80s. We've been just fine since. Hurr Durr.
  • Durangler
    Options
    Times change after 35 years, No?
  • Davec433
    Davec433 Posts: 463
    Options
    They say there's 1.2 billion Muslims in the country with 15-25 percent of them being radical. That's a lot more incidents coming to the West.
  • Sardonicus
    edited November 2015
    Options

EXACTLY ( @Duragler )

• Durangler
    Options

EXACTLY! (@Duragler)

Huh??
  • Gamecockeggman
    Options
    Wow.....I hate to get political on this forum as I like it very much and feel that everyone is entitled to their opinion.  But blood is blood and families are families,  perhaps it's because my son came to me asking about this that has thrown me off of my conservative views,,,,but a life is a life and a cause is a cause,  this is unwarranted, ungodly and unacceptable.  We need to stand up and take the fight to them so that it never ends up here on our soil. Or anyone else's.  Bastards....
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    Durangler said:
    Times change after 35 years, No?
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,381
    Options
    Regardless of where you are politically, dirt bags need to be dealt with.  I don't proclaim to know the surgical strikes and infiltration/diplomatic inroads we can make but it's Friday.  While there are surgical options you do have a hammer.  So here is an over-the-top option: ( Glass parking lots make for easy assessment :)  )  

Please take with a few grains of salt-but the west has got to choke them out.  

Off soap-box for now.

HMJ.jpg 11.4K
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.