Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

45 Day Dry Aged Ribeye

Options
13»

Comments

• tgs2401
    tgs2401 Posts: 423
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'll do some more research with the links above and give it a shot.
    One large BGE in Louisville, KY.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    DMW said:
    I have a dedicated beer/meat fridge. I highly recommend one, or maybe two.
    Is it wrong that I have 3 refrigerators? One for the wife, one for beer and one for meat.
    You keep your wife in a fridge?  Hot flashes?
  • MelSharples
    Options

Saw these at the grocery store today, perfect for your home dry aging needs...

LBGE 2015 - Atlanta
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    @henapple would make a great Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I had a 45 day from the HEB case pictured above last night. It was unreal. It was $24.99 per lb though. I also bought a prime bone-in ribeye that looked more like wagyu the way it was marbled for $9.99lb. We just ate the aged though. It was really good. My son asked "why don't we eat this way every night"? Guess we are cooking up the bone-in tonight.

If you are on the fence about dry aging- I say go for it. I'll probably just buy them one at a time since it's right by they house. I don't want that many pickle jars in my fridge anyway  =)

And just where the hell have you been?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I had a 45 day from the HEB case pictured above last night. It was unreal. It was $24.99 per lb though. I also bought a prime bone-in ribeye that looked more like wagyu the way it was marbled for $9.99lb. We just ate the aged though. It was really good. My son asked "why don't we eat this way every night"? Guess we are cooking up the bone-in tonight.

If you are on the fence about dry aging- I say go for it. I'll probably just buy them one at a time since it's right by they house. I don't want that many pickle jars in my fridge anyway  =)

And just where the hell have you been?
    Just out here doing the things. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX