Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Got a duck....what next?

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Howdy yall.
Glad everyone is enjoying the political action. I see it has sparked some interesting discussions! [p]Anywho, I have a 6.3 pound duck is just about thawed now. I haven't a clue how to season this thing, and didn't see recipes in the recipe section. Suggestions for seasoning/rubs/pastes would be greatly appreciated, as would info on internal and cooking temps. I love eating duck, but have never cooked one![p]Enjoy the day as Florida figures out what is going on! I'm "ducking" out.
Thanks!
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Here is a couple of duck recipes,let us know how you cook it.
    Larry

[ul][li]Duck Recipes[/ul]
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Nature Boy:[p]I think I would marinate that bird in one of your wonderful Vietnamese concoctions. Then I would either place the bird on a setter over a drip pan and grill at about 375º to 425º. Or you could half the bird and grill at the same temperatures with or without the drip pan.

• Pig Picker
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]I don't know if you ever watch the Food Network or not but this recipe was featured recently. By the end of the show, my mouth was watering.[p]http://www.foodtv.com/recipes/re-c1/0,1724,13891,00.html[p]PP
  • Nature Boy,
    Just for your archives..since you already have downed the duck____________________________________________________
    This calls for 4 duck halves so cut it in half if you wanna. If not..enjoy the excess :-)
    1/2 lb butter
    1/2 cup ketchup
    1 T sugar
    1 1/2 T Lemon juice
    1 T worchestershire sauce.
    Fresh ground pepper to taste
    1 tsp salt
    1 clove pressed garlic
    (or 1/8th tsp of garlic powder)
    1 small onion chopped
    1/2 tsp tobasco sauce

Place duck in halves indirect on the grill (as per chicken) bake at 375F for 1 hour...Turn and cook for another hour basting with the sauce every 10 minutes thru out the cook. (This is for normal outside gas/wood grills. Adjust with your BGE skills and baste every 30 minutes.)
    Then wrap in foil, and continue to cook for another 10 to 15 minutes. (I would final baste em as I foiled em.)
    (prescribed with other grills, to simmer covered for 10 minutes at the end)
    (recipe is courtesy of the "Wardens Cookbook" compiled by "The Iowa Fish and Game Commission")
    Enjoy...sounds like a ducky recipe..( insert heeeee)
    C~W[p]