Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Yeah this weather sucks. Our little girl wants to go outside so bad. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Leopard cub is crashed out on SWMBO, who is also crashed out.  

Running water in the kitchen for the first time since 9/13. In fortunately, the wife forgot to tell the plumber we have a disposal. This weekend I get to modify the drain line. I Effen hate plumbing!

cold water only until we get the disposal installed so the dish washer is installed. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Congrats Brother Yolk! 
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Hey Yolk, That's a mighty thin wallet you got there.
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• Randall_Lee
    Options
    Yolk getting closer all the time but I agree plumbings sucks, the older I get the more I hate it. There isn't a comfortable position to do the work.
    Niceville, Fl
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Running water in the kitchen for the first time since 9/13. In fortunately, the wife forgot to tell the plumber we have a disposal. This weekend I get to modify the drain line. I Effen hate plumbing!

cold water only until we get the disposal installed so the dish washer is installed. 

I had to change out a garbage disposal 4 weeks ago.  Based on 55 years of Supreme Incompetence, I started calling a plumber to do it when my coworkers ripped away my phone and insisted I could do it myself in 15 minutes, guaranteed!  
    Against my better judgement, I agreed.
    Four weeks, three trips to Lowe's, 4.5 hours of actual work, 1 torn fingernail, three bandaged appendages, 1 electrician visit at $90, 1 broken wrench, and 1 plumber visit at $117 later, I have a working garbage disposal.*

* I like to make people laugh so I often embellish my stories, but all of the above is absolutely true.  My name is Botch, for a reason.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Botch
    Options
    ^^^  Oh yeah, and I also kinked my fine Japanese rip saw removing the old drain, which did NOT have a way to be disassembled to be removed from the SS sink!  Argh!!!  

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Nice Jason. I like the granite too. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @botch I'm pretty handy and I've installed a couple of disposals, the bad part is it was a blank canvas this morning and she didn't tell them about the disposal that was in the garage!  Now I have to redo the whole drain. I EFFIN hate plumbing!
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @Jeremiah after they came to do the template, my wife said,"I'm going down there for one more look."  She proceeded to change the whole thing. I'm glad she did because I think this looks better, but talk about last minute...
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Botch said:
    ^^^  Oh yeah, and I also kinked my fine Japanese rip saw removing the old drain, which did NOT have a way to be disassembled to be removed from the SS sink!  Argh!!!  
    I did that to mine.  Aggravating.
    Options
    Finally had to empty the secondary wood stash out of my trunk to fit the keg in. Wife is not gonna be too happy I think.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    sitting her dumbstruck at some of the questions that come across work email on a Friday
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Flying to Vegas!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Just about to start cooking my brisket in Sam's Club. I wonder if they carry any lump to get this party going!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    New rear tires
    Options
    @WeberWho? - That's a good sized brisket right there.  I would stay away from the obvious starter logs for fuel but it would make for quite a show once you loaded 'em up and fired away.  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    New rear tires
    Kinda scruffy place to have the Porsche..I always envisage a more technical looking workshop to deal with high precision cars...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    @nolaegghead, I hate new tire day!  They're so ridiculously expensive.  Sweet Cayman brother.  I've got a 2008 Carrera S Cab.  Gonna be driving her when she's an antique.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Just took the last cruise of the season. Winterize next week. Bummer :(
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Just realized it is Friday the 13th. The forum should be fun tonight! 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    @nolaegghead, I hate new tire day!  They're so ridiculously expensive.  Sweet Cayman brother.  I've got a 2008 Carrera S Cab.  Gonna be driving her when she's an antique.
    Nice wheels!

Mine is a 2007 Cayman S.  I bought it used with 27K miles.  I'm gonna keep it forever.  Or until I kill myself in it.  Just changed the oil on Sunday, the front tires are about 4 months old, I just picked up the matching rear from tirerack. 

I use these Vietnamese guys for all my tire work.  They have the right equipment and they do everything right except torque the nuts, so I bring my own torque wrench.
    Options
    Yup, precise work but huge premium to be paid if done at the dealership.  I dumped the dealer a couple years ago.  I love the Caymans.  They drive so sweet!  Enjoy the new tires brother!
  • Botch
    Options
    Legume said:
    sitting her dumbstruck at some of the questions that come across work email on a Friday
    Somewhat related: my sweet boss invited me to a meeting 15 minutes before it started, didn't even tell me the subject, this late afternoon.  
    When a Full Colonel asks you a question, and you don't instantly answer in a buttah-smooth tone of voice and confident manner, your sweet boss then immediately offers "Mr. Boettcher will have a detailed report and briefing ready for you Monday, Sir!"  

I hate my life.  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @nolaegghead - You have the right approach (as if I could tell you otherwise). Daily driver 911 T (1970-picked up used with around 44K on the clock in 1974) and finally "declared victory" in 2003 with a most controlled engine fire. Had 305K on the clock at that time and figured, "German Steel".  Most durable and reliable car I had owned until few hic-cups once clearing 250K.  Good luck with the ride to your promised land  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    @weberwho that is a big brisket.  It looks like it is spanning the grill on an XL.  

Throw a couple of those duraflame logs in and get cooking.  Or you can use the bluetooth Masterbuilt next door.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Went to build a fire to drink by, since it's only rained the last 3 weeks, everything was wet. Sitting on the couch drinking. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Went to build a fire to drink by, since it's only rained the last 3 weeks, everything was wet. Sitting on the couch drinking. 
    Napalm the fire pit.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Nice wheels!

Mine is a 2007 Cayman S.  I bought it used with 27K miles.  I'm gonna keep it forever.  Or until I kill myself in it.  Just changed the oil on Sunday, the front tires are about 4 months old, I just picked up the matching rear from tirerack. 

I use these Vietnamese guys for all my tire work.  They have the right equipment and they do everything right except torque the nuts, so I bring my own torque wrench.
    I hear ya Nola, I usually torque my own nuts too.  Some things you just can't trust to others.
    Signal Mountain, TN