Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken inspiration needed

Options
bbqwizard
bbqwizard Posts: 119
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
You guys always help me with inspiration. So, I'll ask here. I think I'm going to Egg up some chix (whole or cut-up) this wekend. I'm looking for something different. Maybe a mojo chix? Adobo chix, etc.....what are your ideas? As you can see, seems I'm craving something with a little zing. BTW, it doesn't have to be from scratch either. I'm not aposed to purchase said seasonings/marinade.[p]Thanks for the help![p]phillip [p]

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    bbqwizard,
    i made something like this a few years back with a spatchcock chicken with deep slashes all over it. came out pretty good. i could get you the recipe that i used if you want it, or try this one, it looks pretty good to me

[ul][li]tandoori[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Sandbagger
    Sandbagger Posts: 977
    Options
    bbqwizard, at the TXfest I oiled up some boneless, skinless, chicken breasts and then dusted them with a cajun blackening rub. I dusted them real good, spicy hot. Next, I seared them a minute or so on both sides with a hot fire. Next, I finished cooking them on an elevated grid, not to over cook. Finally, I cut the whole breasts in smaller pieces and covered them with the bob gibson alabama white sauce, mixing the sauce, chicken and chicken juices in a pan. Served them as a finger food. The breasts were moist, tangy and spicy hot.[p]They are great on hamburger buns for sandwhiches too. It's a quick cook too and will be a pool side summer favorite around my house. [p]Just google bob gibson white sauce recipe and cajun blackening rub recipe. If you need additional info, just let me know. [p]T

• BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    Options
    Sandbagger,
    It was in fact outstanding Sir! And that was not just the beer talking either.

• GenesGrill
    GenesGrill Posts: 308
    Options
    Sandbagger,
    How long do you let them sit on the extended grill before pulling them off??

• Chef Arnoldi
    Chef Arnoldi Posts: 974
    Options
    do a spatchcock chicken and when almost done (15min before) pour some ruby port wine into a skillet & on med heat reduce to 1/3 the volume - it will get very syropey. remove from heat & stir in 2 tablsp cold butter until dissolved.
    remove the spatchcock chicken & cut into servings, then drizzle the port sauce over it -

:P - i am stil drooling