Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping: Molly Shark

Options
CJ
CJ Posts: 50
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I read your product review on Amazon about the 8" Pizza stone, and I ordered a pair. Question: What do you find the best use for them on the Egg?? I bought them primarily for use in a Toaster Oven, but having two I now have one extra for the Egg. Thanks, CJ

Comments

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    CJ,[p]I use the mini a lot and cook fish on it in a small aluminum cake pan. I'll stick the cake pan on the stone and it keeps stuff from burning since the aluminum pans are pretty thin. Really anything that you would do on a larger scale, but are going to do in a mini or even a small. Even in a large you can use them for elevating a pan without having it block the airflow like the larger pizza stones can do.[p]mShark
  • Unknown
    Options
    mollyshark, always looking for ways to do fish on the grill. What do you do when you prepare the fish in aluminum pan? I have a large with a platesetter. What would you put on fish or in the pan and what do you season with? What kind of fish? Thanks for all your help on the forum.[p]Chuter

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Chuter,[p]I'll sprinkle it with a little Dizzy rub...maybe tsunami..or actually even one of the Charcrust rubs for fish. Sometimes just lemon juice, butter, and lots of garlic. The pan holds in the moisture wonderfully and you'll end up with incredibly tender fish. I've done this with cuts as expensive as a Sea Bass down to a Halibut and it comes out good every time. Quick and easy.[p]mShark