Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Texas Eggfest - Thanks to all!

Options
GrillMeister
GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
NewTXEGGFEST.jpg
<p />Howdy Ya'll[p]Mrs. GrillMeister and I are pretty tuckered out, but we had a great time with everyone over the weekend. We had folks come in from all over like Smoking Todd from Pennsylvania, WessB & SallyB from Maryland, and the Ehretsmans from Illinois, not to mention eggers from as far away as El Paso. All in all we had well over 100 attendees during the weekend with a spike of on-site registrations.[p]Texas Eggfest University’s class of 2006 graduated with honors. Professors Spring Hen & Chicken, Sandbagger, WessB &SallyB, MollyShark, LawnRanger, Mrs. GrillMeister, and Chubby & Chubby’s Chick did a fantastic job transferring Egg Knowledge to the throngs of newbies sitting in class and taking notes. It was an aggressive schedule with over 10 classes taught in 6 hours 30 minutes time. TEU will be back next year, bigger than ever.[p]Many thanks go out to our hosts & door prize sponsors. They provided some great gifts and it took over 2 hours just to pass them out. Everyone went home a winner and many won twice (except for Smoking Todd). [p]Air Grill
Bad Byron's Butt Rub
BBQ'rs Delight
Big Green Egg
Billy Bar
Buster's Drunk Chicken
Cary Black
Currier & Reeves
Dizzy Pig BBQ
Dr. BBQ
Early Morning Pottery
Grate Mates
Guava Wood
HEB Grocery Store
Holdens Sauces
Hungry Bear Bear Paws
Island Spice
JD. Diggs
Jim Gleason
Ken Stone
Laser Grapics
LawnRanger Grilling Tools
Mrs. Dogs Products
Packserv
Poultry Pal
Quaker Steak & Lube
Tel-Tru Thermometers
Texas Brothers BBQ
The BBQ Guru
Thermapen
West Beach Marina[p]My biggest thanks goes to Mrs. GrillMeister because the Texas Eggfest would not happen without her many hours of hard work and selfless support for my obsession.[p]We’ll be updating the website soon with pictures of this year’s fest and the graduating class of 2006 from the Texas Eggfest University.[p]If you have any digital pictures you would like to share, please email me and we can work out how to get them to me.[p]Thanks again to all those who helped make the 4th Annual Texas Eggfest and the Charter Class of TEU a smashing success![p]Regards,[p]GrillMeister

Cheers,

GrillMeister
Austin, Texas

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    Thank you so much for all your hard work.
    This was my first Eggfest and both my wife
    Lora and I had a great time. It was so nice to match
    faces to all the names I know from the forum.
    You are the "Door Prize King"...
    I know your group is made up of mostly
    regulars but everyone made us feel welcome.
    I will get the photo CD in the mail to you soon.
    I'm still stuffed from all the food.[p]Regards,
    Darian

• Sandbagger
    Sandbagger Posts: 977
    Options
    GrillMeister, you and the Mrs. throw one heck of a party. Wonderful time had by so many. Thanks again, for all the hard work. [p]Tom

• Grillicious
    Grillicious Posts: 347
    Options
    GrillMeister, y'all put on a great fest! Thanks for all the hard work you put into it. Your pulled pork was excellent. I got my first egg at last years Texas Eggfest, and this year I brought along a buddy who bought one of the demos within 30 minutes of ariving. The University classes were a great idea, I picked up a lot of good info. I may be getting a second egg soon. My wife won the mini, and she said I "MAY" get it for father's day.[p]Thanks to you and Mrs. Grillmeister for all you did.

• GrillMeister
    Options
    Sandbagger-TexasU.jpg
    <p />Professor Sandbagger,[p]Thanks. You did a great job on the Big Green Egg 101 class. Look at these students hanging on every word. Great Job! You are now tenured![p]Glad to see you made it home safe & sound![p]Cheers,[p]GM

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Ed, I know we all say "thank you" but words cannot express just how thankful we truly are for the wonderful job you and Mrs. GrillMeister do. It takes a lot of long hours and hard work to put an event like the Texas Eggfest together and we do appreciate it. I can't wait to see how you are going to top this next year....hee...hee....better get a lot of rest....Great job!!!!!!
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    Again Ed...Many Thanks![p]Mike

• GrillMeister
    Options
    Grillicious,[p]Thanks for the kind words![p]Congrats again to Mary and good luck on Father's day![p]Cheers,[p]GM

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • GrillMeister
    Options
    Photo Egg,[p]Thanks. We're glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the Blue Lizard contact. That stuff works great! My son wouldn't put any on and got a little sun burn, but now he understands the importance of a good sunblock. [p]I'll email you my address for the CD. Thanks![p]GM

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Thanks again Mr & Mrs GrillMeister for all the effort you put out to make it another great Texas Eggfest. Obviously the University was very much appreciated as evidenced by the many people attending each class. I thought it was great to see a strong mix of Oldies sitting in with the Newbies, all listening, asking questions and even taking notes. Proof enough there's always more to learn.[p]As always, it was good to see friends again while making new ones. There's no doubt about it... We're a good group of folks.[p]Spring "Enjoying The Leftovers" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA[p][p]

• GrillMeister
    Options
    Professor LawnRanger,[p]Thanks! Great Pie! It was a treat to use Smoking Todd's Original Grid Lifter. Tell them at work you are now a tenured professor.[p]Cheers,[p]GM

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • GrillMeister
    Options
    Spring-TexasU.jpg
    <p />Professor Spring Chicken,[p]Thanks! You and Spring Hen did a great job teaching Breakfast & ABT's and your student handouts are FANTASTIC! I've put them in Acrobat Reader (PDF) format and folks can now download them.[p]Thanks again for bringing that great Spring Chicken Sink! It worked great! How's it feel to be a tenured professor?[p]Cheers,[p]GM

[ul][li]Click here to get Spring & Hen Chicken's Student Workbook from Texas Eggfest University (Acrobat Reader Required)[/ul]

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Sandbagger
    Options
    GrillMeister, not fair mentioning Spring Chicken's sink and how's it feel in the same line. I reference the earlier posted picture of Chubby and me! Dang that guy..........

• GrillMeister
    Options
    Sandbagger,[p]Was that a sinking feel or feeling sink?

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Sandbagger
    Options
    Spring Chicken, as always nice to see you and Spring Hen. No doubt, you get the iron man cooking award. Everytime I wondered by, you had something cooking....Tom

• Popsicle
    Popsicle Posts: 523
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    Great fest. The lake front setting and the University with a view will never be topped. Door prizes for 2 hrs, cold drinks, everything imaginable to eat and great people. No place but Texas Eggfest. Thanks for making it all possible.
    The Popsicles

Willis Tx.
  • Unknown
    Options
    GrillMeister, thanks for a great job. I have my new Egg cranked up this evening cooking a whole chicken for dinner -- have it on a V-rack over a drip pan. Take care.
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Photo Egg,
    Many Thanks from the Ranger Family for getting Marina's camera fixed. Muchos Grass, My Friend![p]Mike

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    151575847_8b13dea62d.jpg?v=0
    <p />GrillMeister,
    You guys did an excellent job and well worth the trip, my friend! You even snuck in a few treats as you played host all day.
    Already planning for next year.
    ST
    PS I think I won some samples of somekind, unless you are talking about not winning twice:)

• GrillMeister
    Options
    Chuck/Tx,[p]Congrats! I know you've been waiting and waiting and now you finally have it home. How did it turn out?

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Unknown
    Options
    LawnRanger,
    You have a great family and it was nice to meet them.
    Glad to help with your camera.
    Glad to meet the man that makes all the cool tools.
    Darian

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    GrillMeister,[p]Sounds like it was a great time and a well run event... hope to make it out someday to Lake Travis and clink a Shiner Bock witcha![p]john
  • GrillMeister
    Options
    WooDoggies,[p]Thanks! You would have a blast and the Shiner is Fresh![p]Cheers,[p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Big Jim
    Big Jim Posts: 50
    Options
    GrillMeister, I would like to join the others in thanking you and Mrs Grillmeister for the great job you did organizing this event. I had a great time and I hope to be back next year.
    Jim