Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloin.

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Attempting my second go at the Egg tonight with some Pork Tenderloin. Rubbed it up this am and it should be ready to go tonight after work.[p]From what I can tell, based on what I have read, I should cook the tenderloin at about 400 for an hour. Does this seem to be accurate?

Comments

• cbs
    cbs Posts: 99
    toomsdpt,
    Depending on the size, that is potentially too long.[p]Pork tenderloin is a great cook because it's so darn easy and quick. But watch the temperature close. I'd pull it at 145 (or 150 at the highest) and let it sit a few minutes. It will be outstanding. But if it gets much higher than that, it will dry out real quick.

• Essex County
    Essex County Posts: 991
    toomsdpt,
    An hour at 400 sounds way too long. I'd guess around 30 minutes at that temp. I've also done them in 20 minutes at around 550. I always cook pork tenderloins by temp and shoot for about 145-150. This gives you a medium rare result which is much tastier than the well done pork Mom used to serve.
    Good luck!
    Paul

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Essex County,
    maybe we had the same mom.
    we'd have them porkchops that curled up and formed their own bowl

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • wrobs
    wrobs Posts: 109
    toomsdpt,
    I normally shoot for 350 and depending on size of the loin, anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes. I would also pull at 145-150 internal (in thickest part)then let it stand fro 5-10 minutes before slicing. Juice should be clear if its done.
    HTH
    wrobs

• EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    stike,[p]Ours weren't 'edible' until every last drop of moisture was gone from the chops. If they were like shoe leather, curled at the edges and blackened at the edge, then and only then, were they considered 'done' and 'safe' to eat. I still cringe at the thought.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    EggRacer,
    what's nice is you could pour applesauce into the curled form and it wouldn't run out.[p]like a gravy volcano in mashed potatoes

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • always had great success on the gaser I had. Just a bit nervous about the egg.[p]you guys add wood chips/chunks?

• Dublin Dawg
    Dublin Dawg Posts: 96
    EggRacer,
    How true! My mother always told us that pork had tiny worms in it, so you had to cook it really done to kill them, and make it safe to eat!

• My mother in law still has to have everything cooked till it curls up and barks!!! I have almost stopped cooking for her when they come over because it is down right depressing to do it her way on the egg. I will even go as far as showing her the actual therm temp to try to make her happy but luck yet!
  • Essex County
    Essex County Posts: 991
    toomsdpt,
    I use wood chips. Maybe apple or oak for a tenderloin.
    Paul