Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NC Egg Gathering?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    My house wear all year is gym shorts and muscle shirt. 

My wife wears a fleece jacket all the time and from mid Ohio. 
    If your wife was from Kentucky, her house wear all year would be gym shorts and a muscle shirt.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options

If your wife was from Kentucky, her house wear all year would be gym shorts and a muscle shirt.
    Like Ricky Tidwell's Mom?

https://youtu.be/_dz3ATdo_SU
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    So, what would it take to get Yes Ma'am to travel 12 hrs....
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Holy shilt!!  Now I'm in!!  Just hate to be in line behind the tar heels and Dukeis.  Unfamiliar position :D
    Well played.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I'm thinking @Thatgrimguy would pick them up on his way.  And his Winnibango has a bumper sticker that reads, "Ass, Gas, or Grass, nobody rides for free!"  So I'm thinking, a $100 gas card and a half pound of kush.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    I'm thinking @Thatgrimguy would pick them up on his way.  And his Winnibango has a bumper sticker that reads, "Ass, Gas, or Grass, nobody rides for free!"  So I'm thinking, a $100 gas card and a half pound of kush.
    I got 100 Washingtons for gas!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options

Like Ricky Tidwell's Mom?

https://youtu.be/_dz3ATdo_SU
    Trust me she fills it out way better than you can possibly imagine. It is great  being married to a gorgeous hottie like my beautiful wife. Yeah life is good!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • AaronH
    AaronH Posts: 145
    Options
    Lets shoot for Greensboro.....:) good middle ground. 
    XLBGE /MiniBGE / Maverick 733 x 2/ Woo2 / CGS 17.5 Stone

North Carolina land
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Foghorn said:
    ksmyrl said:
    I'm not sure how I missed this thread, sorry for being late to the party. I'd be game for a NC gathering. Not a bad drive from the ATL. Assuming a Catholic, Independent (read NOT affiliated with a political party) would be welcome.
    Since I'm unlikely to be there (although I would very much like to be able to make it) I'll jump in and say that EVEN CATHOLICS are welcome.
    May I ask, please sirs, if a, not atheist, but anti-theist and progressive is allowed to grovel next to you sir's soiree?  I promise I will sit on my blanket and knit 30 meters away from you as to not bother you fine folks.  If you could throw some snack meat in the dirt near me, I will gather it up eagerly when you are not looking.  Thank you sirs.
    Options
    @nolaegghead no worries my good and (sometimes) decent friend. As scripture says "what you do for the least of my people you also do for me". So yes...we will make sure you have some food.  ;)
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • YukonRon
    Options
     the dates look good to me!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolabrew
    nolabrew Posts: 246
    Options
    I'm in for Carolina shenanigans.
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    ,@JohnInCarolina, Dan Nichols Park looks great to me!  Midway between Charlotte, Greensboro, not far to Asheville or Boone.  Good central location in North Carolina.  Book it!
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    nolabrew said:
    Woot!  Bring the good stuff!
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    nolabrew said:
    I like it.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Keep in mind that if this is not held in eastern nc, people who want to sample Q from any of the local joints will be forced to endure that western stuff.  =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Keep in mind that if this is not held in eastern nc, people who want to sample Q from any of the local joints will be forced to endure that western stuff.  =)
    you have Lexington Style Bbq 30 min. north-- Monks, Randy's, Lexington, etc
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    piney said:
    ,@JohnInCarolina, Dan Nichols Park looks great to me!  Midway between Charlotte, Greensboro, not far to Asheville or Boone.  Good central location in North Carolina.  Book it!
    Not sure about shelters, but campground rules state no alcohol. Not that that stopped us in TN with @henapple
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    piney said:
    Not sure about shelters, but campground rules state no alcohol. Not that that stopped us in TN with @henapple
    Yeah it's the same here.  If we go with this place, we'll have to be discreet with the booze, the hookers, and the blow.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    ^^^^ I guess Lamar Odom isn't getting an invite. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    JohnInCarolina said:
    the booze, the hookers, and the blow
    When I was a young brute, those were my 3 favorites. Especially the last 2 on the list. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Dan Nichols park sounds like a good option as long as we behave with the adult beverages. I'm thinking that they don't go looking for alcohol but if their was a problem like loud drunk people they will just ask us to leave. We have camped in many parks that don't allow alcohol and have never had any problems. Lets make this happen! :) 

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Dan Nichols park sounds like a good option as long as we behave with the adult beverages. I'm thinking that they don't go looking for alcohol but if their was a problem like loud drunk people they will just ask us to leave. We have camped in many parks that don't allow alcohol and have never had any problems. Lets make this happen! :) 
    We are working on it!
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    We are working on it!
    That's great and thank you for your efforts, I'm in Okeechobee FL for the winter so not much I can do other than make phone calls. :(

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• blukat
    blukat Posts: 354
    Options
    Not sure how I missed this thread, I'm in as well, live in Wake Forest and a UK fan!  @bgebrent @tarheelmatt
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Got a cousin in Durham who would I would love to  take to a fest. I'm in if the timing is right.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Sundown said:
    Got a cousin in Durham who would I would love to  take to a fest. I'm in if the timing is right.
    Absolutely - the more the merrier!  As for timing, it looks like we may go with April 23.  
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Bump
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    piney said:
    Yeah it's the same here.  If we go with this place, we'll have to be discreet with the booze, the hookers, and the blow.
    It says no alcohol..... Didn't mention hookers.. Uh, pleasure technicians or nose candy. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Does that rule out beer trucks?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga