Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where to buy Blues Hog

Where can I buy Blues Hog sauces in Nashville/Franklin,TN?

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Amazon???
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • I want it this weekend. I am too impulsive for the Amazon delivery options available in my area. Waiting on the drone delivery option!
  • Ace Hardware carries it
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    There is a chain grocery store in Tennessee that carries it and it's cheaper than anywhere else. I forget the name if you name some of the local groceries I will remember it. It's called like safe way or something along those lines. It's a 2 word name.
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    see if you can find sticky pig,  it's blues hog with some heat on the backend.  the sticky pig mustard is really good. 

story goes BH and SP were partners at one time.

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Lit
    I was looking online I think it may have been food land but I would call first. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    edited November 2015
    tjv said:
    see if you can find sticky pig,  it's blues hog with some heat on the backend.  the sticky pig mustard is really good. 

story goes BH and SP were partners at one time.

t
    My than a story - it's the truth. SP is made in my home town of Centralia, MO.
    http://www.stickypigbbq.com
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Lit
    I called blues hog back in the day when they were a small company and the owner actually picked up and seemed like a really nice guy. I called another time and someone else picked up and it was the rudest lady ever. Pretty sure it was their house number that was listed on their website back then. Also glad there are several local places that carry it now I used to get my buddy that went to Tennessee a lot to bring me back like 10 jars every time he went because I couldn't get it anywhere.
  • RRP
    edited November 2015
    Lit said:
    I called blues hog back in the day when they were a small company and the owner actually picked up and seemed like a really nice guy. I called another time and someone else picked up and it was the rudest lady ever. Pretty sure it was their house number that was listed on their website back then.
    Yup I had the same experience! Back when Bill Arnold was still a long haul trucker there in tiny Perry, Mo his wife and daughters took care of business. And all of them were extremely rude! I even received an email from one of the nasty little twits telling me she would tell her daddy to take me to the wood shed for a good whippen because I had shared this same observation!

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    I heard they ran an illegal operation out of his business and ruined the whole thing. Too bad. 
  • RRP
    I heard they ran an illegal operation out of his business and ruined the whole thing. Too bad. 
    Never heard that one before! I know that Bill wasn't a good business man and then combined with his b*tchy wife and bratty girls it was headed for disaster! Car Wash Mike tried to buy the business for years. In the end  Mike did help Bill find a producer and shipper for him to get his wife and girls out of the picture!
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    RRP said:
    Never heard that one before! I know that Bill wasn't a good business man and then combined with his b*tchy wife and bratty girls it was headed for disaster! Car Wash Mike tried to buy the business for years. In the end  Mike did help Bill find a producer and shipper for him to get his wife and girls out of the picture!
    I heard his kids and wife were running drugs out of the business. Maybe urban legend. I tried for months to get someone to answer the phone there with no luck. Great sauces. Someone picked up the ball. We get them through a dist. 
  • RRP

I heard his kids and wife were running drugs out of the business. Maybe urban legend. 
    well, tiny Perry, Mo had a population of 900 men, women, children, cats and dogs so I kinda doubt it could have been too big of a drug running operation! LOL
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    I've always wanted to try Blue's Hog products. After reading all this, may change my tune.  ;)
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    edited November 2015
    @Durangler Beware! You'll start buying it by the gallon before you know it!  :o

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,128
    That stuff is way too sweet for my taste. I chunked my jar after trying it once. 
  • Lit
    I agree it's the best sauce available. 
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
     @WeberWho
    I hear it's good. I'll beware fer sure. 
    Laffin
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • WeberWho? said:

Looks like a party at your place. Getting ready for the XL and 4 butts?

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Lit said:
    There is a chain grocery store in Tennessee that carries it and it's cheaper than anywhere else. I forget the name if you name some of the local groceries I will remember it. It's called like safe way or something along those lines. It's a 2 word name.
    I have bought it at Food City in E. Tn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Walmart and Piggly Wiggly carry it in our neck of the woods. Winn Dixie has it at times. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Dave in Florida
    Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157
    edited November 2015
    I usually buy the gallons at FireCraft.  I like to do 2 mixes with Blues Hog.  50/50 mix of Blues Hog Original and Sonny's Sweet sauce.  Or 50/50 mix of Original and the Blues Hog Tn. Red.  Wife will pressure can them.  If I am not using either of those then it's Uncle Kenny's Original or his Mustard Sauce. 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    WeberWho? said:

Looks like a party at your place. Getting ready for the XL and 4 butts?
    Unfortunately it's an older picture. I plan on another 4 butts in 3 weekends for my cousins bachelor party. I should do something better than pulled pork. They gave me $150 or so for food. We plan on going curling and drinking a bunch of beers. I'd do something more fun but a bunch of drunks will eat just about anything and it makes tons of leftovers. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Sounds like they have an interesting family/company history. I never did find a local source yesterday. I'll pick some up during my travels. I saw some in Oklahoma last week at Reasor's. 
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351

I buy it at Jungle Jim's in Cincinnati Ohio or from Hawgeyesbbq

Stick Pig is also very good.

http://www.hawgeyesbbq.com/

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    I was glad to find blues hog locally and bought several jars when it was on close out at $3.  Found it is too sweet for my taste, so I've been cutting it 50/50 with apple cider vinegar for pulled pork.  Almost through all of it - I like the flavor, just far too sweet for me.
  • There's a lot better sauces out there.
  • @SloppyJoe recommendations are always welcome. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,128
    @SloppyJoe recommendations are always welcome. 
    Try Eat BBQ products. I like their Next Big Thing sauce.