Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Corn Starch Steaks??

Options
My wife saw a post on FaceBook about putting corn starch on steaks.  I did a little further research and discovered from some cooking channels that the reason is for a really CRUSTY steak.

So tonite I dusted two NY Strips with corn starch and put them in the frig for about an hour.  Then I coated them with Lane's Ancho Expresso Rub.  The premise is that the corn starch removes the moisture from the outside layer of the steak and allow for them to crust more heavily.  By putting them in the fridge and lowering the internal temp, the steaks can remain on the 550 degree high temp longer to promote an absolutely delicious crust to the steaks.  Total cook time was 8 minutes and they were a perfect Med Rare.  The crust looks burnt, but believe me it was not.  It was an awesome and tasty crust to the steaks.

The longer I have these BGEs, the more I learn and the more I love cooking on them.

Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.

Comments