Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New minimax

Options
i have a woo for my xl but I am wondering if I need that for my new minimax ...anyone out there with any experience with the mini max

Comments

• DutchMiniMax
    DutchMiniMax Posts: 129
    Options
    I'm considering to buy one for my MM and asked them for a total price since i'm overseas, but they are not very responsive, guess most people are off these days preparing for the fireworks.
    BGE MiniMax Rocks!
  • biggreenrob
    biggreenrob Posts: 194
    Options
    I have a large and MM. I am currently using the plate setter, but have debated getting the woo for my MM. I
    think I would get better air flow with the Woo.
    LBGE | DigiQ | SW Cap | KAB | iGrill2 | CI PS | PSWoo2 | HQ Grid | Extender
    Mini Max | PartyQ | KAB | CGW 2-Tier (Mod) | Woo w/Stone | SW Cap (mod) | CI13 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I have the XL and MM. I use the place setter because it makes it easier to control low temp cooks. I think the woo would  guarantee better air flow. Sometimes that might not be what you want. I like my set up for my style.  
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Thecoiman
    Thecoiman Posts: 134
    Options
    The woo for mini max is great. I suggest getting with stone, I never use my plate setter anymore 
    Garland, TX

2 Large, 1 Mini Max, 1 Mini
  • biggreenrob
    biggreenrob Posts: 194
    Options
    Thecoiman said:
    The woo for mini max is great. I suggest getting with stone, I never use my plate setter anymore 
    What differences did you notice between using the Woo and plate setter with your MM?  I almost pulled the trigger on one this week but figured I would wait for others to comment.
    LBGE | DigiQ | SW Cap | KAB | iGrill2 | CI PS | PSWoo2 | HQ Grid | Extender
    Mini Max | PartyQ | KAB | CGW 2-Tier (Mod) | Woo w/Stone | SW Cap (mod) | CI13 
  • CharleyR
    CharleyR Posts: 103
    Options
    I have to agree with Dutch's comment.  I've had my MM a couple months now and do enjoy it.  But I do think air flow could be an issue.  Its ps seems to cover too much space, which seems like a an obvious restriction.  High temps seem to be a challenge. I've never used a Woo, but do have the Large Adjustabe Rig, Grid Extender and oval ps, and this has definitely improved the performance of my LBGE, which I attribute to improved air flow. 
    Large BGE 2013; Mini Max 2015; Adj Rig; DigiQ
    Ample supply of bourbon and cigars!
    Naperville, IL
  • bethg212
    Options
    Where's the best place to find the Woo?  My husband wants one for Christmas.
    Beth Hardeeville, South Carolina
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    bethg212 said:
    Where's the best place to find the Woo?  My husband wants one for Christmas.
    http://ceramicgrillstore.com/mini-max-woo/

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Does anyone know if they make a woo for Kamado Joe, Jr?
    TIA
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • bethg212
    Options
    Thank you!
    Beth Hardeeville, South Carolina
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    MM WOO set-up is definitely worth the coin. Get w/ Tom at CGS & they'll take care of you. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL